Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ntrader

Euro Debt Crisis

The European Central Bank cannot solve the euro zone crisis, Bundesbank chief Jens Weidmann told economists, pressing the bloc's governments to get their economies in shape and tighten their fiscal rules.

And what does "nfp" mean then?

I really want to crack this code :)

NFP = Non Farm Payroll, just another name/acronym for the monthly U.S. Dept. of Labor payroll report.

Any decent internet search engine should be able to tell you that.

Google, yahoo etc. But forget Microsoft's Bing.

Because Bing stands for But Its Not Google.

Just kidding. :)

Lesser of two evils for sure.

But the smart economical move but not political one is to cut Greece loose.

no no, they won't.....easy to say then done.....small talk....Eurozone problems are there, I admit....but how is US? UK? Japan?......in better shape?.....don't think so.....when trading, we're trading a currency PAIR, not a currency.....so not looking at the EURO as a currency, but at the PAIR you are trading......and eurusd long term looks bullish to me.....not to mention eurjpy.....but that is probably belonging to another thread

no no, they won't.....easy to say then done.....

What part of this don't you understand:

"But the smart economical move but not political one is to cut Greece loose".

The easy part is keeping them in - which is what they chose.

Also we don't need to get into a pissing contest Euro vs Dollar.

Until the day the dollar is no longer the world's reserve currency and what the overwhelming majority of trade is denominated in then we can talk.

no no, they won't.....easy to say then done.....small talk....Eurozone problems are there, I admit....but how is US? UK? Japan?......in better shape?.....don't think so.....when trading, we're trading a currency PAIR, not a currency.....so not looking at the EURO as a currency, but at the PAIR you are trading......and eurusd long term looks bullish to me.....not to mention eurjpy.....but that is probably belonging to another thread

What time frame are you considering long term? Given that time frame. how much capital are you willing to commit of that period of time? Lastly, but not least important, what type of return do you expect to receive for the time and money you are willing to commit?

Why do you think the euro looks bullish?

What time frame are you considering long term? Given that time frame. how much capital are you willing to commit of that period of time? Lastly, but not least important, what type of return do you expect to receive for the time and money you are willing to commit?

Why do you think the euro looks bullish?

on the higher time frames (weekly and monthly charts) we're consolidating in a complex correction, a double combination, with the second correction being a contracting triangle......such a triangle usually acts as a reversal pattern when it comes as a second correction and implies recent highs (the 2008 highs in this case) are going to be taken.....maybe I will post a chart about that

on the higher time frames (weekly and monthly charts) we're consolidating in a complex correction, a double combination, with the second correction being a contracting triangle......such a triangle usually acts as a reversal pattern when it comes as a second correction and implies recent highs (the 2008 highs in this case) are going to be taken.....maybe I will post a chart about that

EUR/USD is in a range bound by a low in 2006 and a high in 2008. Lots of movement in between the extremes. We can point our lines in any direction we want and if the market heads toward our line or turns at our line we then proclaim accuracy, brilliance, and victory. However, what matters most for the direction of a currency is not going to be found on a chart.

EUR/USD is in a range bound by a low in 2006 and a high in 2008. Lots of movement in between the extremes. We can point our lines in any direction we want and if the market heads toward our line or turns at our line we then proclaim accuracy, brilliance, and victory. However, what matters most for the direction of a currency is not going to be found on a chart.

agree on principle, disagree based on my work......I work with scenarios, so until one is invalidated, it's on my list

So exactly how many times does it need to break 1.28xx before you throw in the towel?

not throwing anything........contracting triangle on the higher time frames (weekly and monthly)......it can go as low as 1.2460 area (but not this trip, more likely 1.3100 first) and then a sharp rebound........will post some charts later in the week, I plan to start a thread

NFP = Non Farm Payroll, just another name/acronym for the monthly U.S. Dept. of Labor payroll report.

Any decent internet search engine should be able to tell you that.

Google, yahoo etc. But forget Microsoft's Bing.

Because Bing stands for But Its Not Google.

Just kidding. :)

Well, as my old folks are saying on my reminder that there is google: "Why do we need google, if we have you?" :D

not throwing anything........contracting triangle on the higher time frames (weekly and monthly)......it can go as low as 1.2460 area (but not this trip, more likely 1.3100 first) and then a sharp rebound........will post some charts later in the week, I plan to start a thread

What timeframe do you trade?

Meaning what is your typical holding period.

I mostly do top-down analysis........starting with the monthly chart and going down to the 1h chart........I take support and resistance levels from the higher time frames and actual entries from the lower time frames (1h and 4h)

I mostly do top-down analysis........starting with the monthly chart and going down to the 1h chart........I take support and resistance levels from the higher time frames and actual entries from the lower time frames (1h and 4h)

And you hold for how long when you are entering on an hourly chart but looking among many timeframes a monthly chart going back multiple years?

Its none of my business but I think you know what I'm getting at. Why?

If you are looking at weekly/monthly support/resistance levels you must do a lot of waiting

for price to come into range.

And you hold for how long when you are entering on an hourly chart but looking among many timeframes a monthly chart going back multiple years?

Its none of my business but I think you know what I'm getting at. Why?

If you are looking at weekly/monthly support/resistance levels you must do a lot of waiting

for price to come into range.

no no, you get me wrong......like in the eurjpy live trade I posted the other day.......the analysis comes from the higher time frames (monthly, weekly) but on that 4h chart the counting shows where are we supposed to be on that time frame.........and I trade that time frame or even the 1h chart, with SL and TP based on that one.........the support and resistance areas from the higher timeframes I take them into consideration when price reaches them.......but trading the lower time frames count.........too confusing?