Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

KURTGUI

What is the Universal Reason the Stock Price Fall?

hi guys, I have been thinking of this question for a while, but can not figure out the answer.

I believe that the stock price rise is because nobody want to sell their stock, but what is the universal (or most important) reason the stock price fall? It must be a kind of reason all stocks fellow in any situation.

anybody would like to share their thought?

hi, Thanks for your reply.

Just my 2 cents.

·A perceived loss in value ( whether real or not).

· is the result. if you want to short a stock , this is not going to work.

not really, I am kind of knowing when to buy, but really bad at when to sell and when to short. Often, a good trading set up at begining, it turned out to be a loss at the end. I need a rule to guid me to optimise my trading for when to sell.

In stock investing there are a few universal truths. One of them is that at some point, a stock's price will fall. There are myriad reasons why a stock's price falls and it is up to you as a stock investor to determine the cause. By identifying why the price is falling, you are far better equipped to decide if it is time to sell your stock position or if the fall in value presents an opportunity to purchase additional shares of a stock. The key is neither to react every time a stock you own dips, nor to become so emotionally attached to an investment that you stay with it no matter what the news.