Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jpennybags

Forex Price Action Scalping

Amazon Description:

Forex Price Action Scalping provides a unique look into the field of professional scalping. Packed with countless charts, this extensive guide on intraday tactics takes the reader straight into the heart of short-term speculation. The book is written to accommodate all aspiring traders who aim to go professional and who want to prepare themselves as thoroughly as possible for the task ahead. Few books have been published, if any, that take the matter of scalping to such a fine and detailed level as does Forex Price Action Scalping. Hundreds of setups, entries and exits (all to the pip) and price action principles are discussed in full detail, along with the notorious issues on the psychological side of the job, as well as the highly important but often overlooked aspects of clever accounting. The book, counting 358 pages, opens up a wealth of information and shares insights and techniques that are simply invaluable to any scalper who is serious about his trading.

I purchased this book shortly after making the transition from the equity markets to futures markets. I was interested in Volman's use of tick charts, and this book was my introduction.

I found the book to be organized and well written. The author steps through an explanation for each of the basic setups, then goes on to explain the reason for the trade, pitfalls, and includes insightful notes about trading. There is a chapter on trade management that offers the reader a look at how to manage a trade once the trade has been entered. Volman also addresses account management and risk.

I have a book cart full of trading books... I would say that this is one of the better ones. The writing is direct and the concepts are well defined. If you've been around for a while I think you would find the insights offered by the author ring true. In addition, the writing is good enough that I think a novice would find the concepts easily understandable.

I don't trade forex, but this is a method that translates well to other markets. If you are interested in scalping I would recommend it as a great read and well worth the price

It’s a great book on scalping. The author presents in detail his method for high probability 10-pip scalps on the -fast 70-tick EURUSD chart in a very clear and organized manner, and witty, too. The method includes seven setups, which are illustrated with charts and clearly explained bar by bar – all of them basically setups of what would be breakouts from tight range patterns on higher time-frames (from the price “squeeze” as the author puts it). The author also explains in thorough detail the prerequisites for trading this strategy successfully: the right technical setup, patience to wait for the most favourable market conditions (no clustered price action to the left on the chart), proper trade management and account management and, above all, thinking in probabilities and playing without emotion. For me, the book was an eye-opener on how to read breakouts.