Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

slick60

Crude Oil Futres

Is anyone trading crude oil futures in TL? I would love to exchange signals and knowledge with any active traders and learn more about the instrument myself.

If interested respond here or PM me.

Signal chart http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/727c6b6d-c22c-472a-86af-3515212921f5/2013-02-07_1001.png

Thanks

slick60

Edited by slick60

Is anyone trading crude oil futures in TL? I would love to exchange signals and knowledge with any active traders and learn more about the instrument myself.

Signal chart http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/727c6b6d-c22c-472a-86af-3515212921f5/2013-02-07_1001.png

Thanks

slick60

HOLY SMOKE there's fortune waiting in the oil patch. These guys really move this sucker when they are in accumulation mode. Let's go get em!

RTH session as of 12:45pmEST for today http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/ea796051-dac1-4b4b-b8c8-4d15b7956b16/2013-02-07_1242.png

slick

Chart here is a composite market profile of the March 2013 CL back to Aug 2011. My thoughts on what may be happening at present. Appears a balance in progress between 95.00 and the highs at 98.00. With a break we may see the lower end of the longer term profile tested below 95.00 once again.

weekly composite http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/2520a527-b11f-4c47-b1c1-498e1c75b1f9/2013-02-07_1341.png

See if we have any interest in this discussion thread. Hope so.

Good trading folks

slick60

I am looking for some traders to work together in a "FREE" trading room basically scalping the CL and 6E. Those are my 2 main instruments. I also follow gold and have ES charts. Follow my charts.

I am finding it a bit difficult to catch all the signals for trade entries and feel working together I will probably be more focused. I am posting a chart again today of March CL and purely mechanical signals on close that travel 10 ticks or more. That is $100.00 per trade and to me a few of those in a session would not be too shabby. The trades are there every day that I have been following.

If you have Ninja Trader I would be happy to set you up with charts like you see in the snap. If you have something that works as good or BETTER I will join you in your trading room.

I made this invitation in the forex forum with no response. It is beyond me why people are not wanting to work together. I have a shit load of information to apply to these markets. There is no cost. Maybe "FREE" / TOGETHER etc. does not appeal.

I do not have B.O.!

Feb 8 chart

http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/4f0a5456-f1dd-4037-b1d0-6e9d0ce34f07/2013-02-08_1342.png

slick60

Contact me by skype or PM - thanks

We analyze oil among other things in the Wyckoff Forum, no indicators just plain price and volume

The Wyckoff Forum - Traders Laboratory

You are welcome to join

Hi Nikorivera.

Thanks for pointing out the thread.

Went to the url in the wyckoff forum and read two threads on oil. Pure price action and all the "why's" in the world to be solved. Unless you are the market maker, bank et al with all the money to move the market who cares? There are far too many traders/analysts who think they know what the economists know. Nothing!

I know that taking the MUNDANE LAGGING INDICATORS that everyone scoffs at and I show on my charts give signals to make a hundred bucks or more at a pop. I will be the first to say that marking up a static chart as you see in my post is very easy and that catching these signals in real time is often quite challenging. If you look at my charts, note the logic where the trades are shown. They are all taken on close of bar. I have shown a range chart. Guess what? I know where my entry is going to be before price gets there. When it does and as price moves I get filled. Now what is the percentage of winning trades in the day? EXTREMELY HIGH!

I am very well studied in Elliott Wave; Delta Phenomenon/Market Matrix; Volume Spread Analysis; Quarters Theory; Market Maker Theory; Fibonacci; Market Profile and sat in Gary Fullet's Wyckoff room for about a year looking at upthrusts, springs, creeks etc .

Print is terrible cause one never really knows what is being said. Everyone has their own opinion as they read and try to go between the lines. There is nothing like voice to understand what is being said and how it is being said.

I would like all these learned money making traders in these forums to open a trading room and share their strategies if they care. Oil moves too fast as do most markets to post entry and exit signals in these threads.

I am trying to help people to make a few bucks and not get burned. Is there anyone who will do the same for me? Perhaps together!

slick60

I know that taking the MUNDANE LAGGING INDICATORS that everyone scoffs at...

everything is lagging...even price action...vol may be closest thing to a leading indicator there is...

everything is lagging...even price action...vol may be closest thing to a leading indicator there is...

Hi Patuca

I do have a leading indicator better than any - it is called TIME. I agree with you about volume. I use a 2 minute chart with volume in conjunction with my other charts to pick out the market makers footprints signalling where we are in a move. I also use a market profile.

How quickly you can take your money to the bank is not lagging - lol.

We have been brain washed about all these indicators based on past price action and that they DON'T WORK! I say Bullshit - look at the charts. Who cares if they lag!

slcik60

Edited by slick60

The composite market profile shows a balance still taking place between the 95.00 and 97.50 large quarters. We will have to see where the break will take place.

The 97.45 this morning had minus development associated with it. The hourly is due for a high any time now and the 4 hour is over extended for a high to be in. By 10:00am if not sooner I suspect this will be resolved.

Upside targets reside at session POC from Feb 3-4 at 97.60

Naked POC from RTH Feb 1 at 97.66 together with the HVN at 97.69. These are in striking distance and reversal possibilities with the time targets being pushed at present.

Watch for your signals for reversal.

Composite MP http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/fe3eb385-3f75-404c-8567-4f968188d9ea/2013-02-12_0716.png

slick60

The composite market profile shows a balance still taking place between the 95.00 and 97.50 large quarters. We will have to see where the break will take place.

The 97.45 this morning had minus development associated with it. The hourly is due for a high any time now and the 4 hour is over extended for a high to be in. By 10:00am if not sooner I suspect this will be resolved.

Upside targets reside at session POC from Feb 3-4 at 97.60

Naked POC from RTH Feb 1 at 97.66 together with the HVN at 97.69. These are in striking distance and reversal possibilities with the time targets being pushed at present.

Watch for your signals for reversal.

Composite MP http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/fe3eb385-3f75-404c-8567-4f968188d9ea/2013-02-12_0716.png

slick60

Visual references have been hit. At present absorption still taking place above the 97.25 stop zone that is being set up. Should get a run back to the 96.75 level with a quick break of the 97.25 area.

Any high fibo retrace of the move down from the high into a double top this morning or new daily high will be a HIGH PROBABILITY set up for a short trade. She is over cooked but may be done.

Happy trading folks

slick60

Which way will we go? That is the big question. If someone has the answer or idea please post here. I know the lurking market maker who reads this will not.

By merging the January and February profiles I find that the High Volume Node has moved up to the 97.50 area which is telling me there is acceptance at the higher level at present.That also says to me that we may be vulnerable for a shot up above the 98.00 level to the 100.00 major quarter in the near future. It appears that they are building stop zones on either side of 98.00 and 95.00. When the developing bell curve is complete price will take off in a new step one. Watch for the volume push as it gets near the high or low of the range after direction has been decided. Volume will increase going through. It will become a "go with" trade as enough stops and break out traders will have positioned orders to do the market makers work for him.

composite profile http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/86651e27-bd36-4b80-a5ab-e4e9040b5da2/2013-02-14_1447.png

Remember that you are only a part of the market makers' business plan and he don't give a hoot for you. Trade carefully.

slick60

The FIX is in!! Hmmmmmmmmmm. Note black Oil prices on this dollar index chart.

Snap of the DX below. Take a look at the correlation between high oil and low dollar and vice versa. High dollar means lower oil. I see a manipulation to create dollar demand at present to maintain the U.S. dollar Empire. It will eventually fail and I think soon.

For those that use correlation to trade an instrument I feel you are playing with fire. To me - yes it works sometimes BUT what about now. Do we have markets out of whack?

Comments encouraged.

DX chart 2013-02-14_1518 - slick60's library

slick60

I use Trade Station for forex. I do not have a futures account on it as I am a Canadian and I cannot trade futures with them in the United States. Bloody crazy.

I use Trade Station to drive Dynamic Trader which gives me the information to make the above posted chart of the DX.

I would like someone to assist me with a data file from Trade Station futures. I would like the CL crude contract and the GC gold contract for 5-10 years if possible to do a Delta Phenomenon solution on those instruments to post on this thread.

In order to assist one would import an "ELD" indicator into TS called dtts, put it into a daily chart of each and it will make the file.

Simple as that.

C A N---- A N Y B O D Y---- H E L P----- P L E A SE ! ! !

OR will anybody help.

Thank you very much.

Please send me a PM or contact me on Skype if you are willing to assist.

slick60

I have a birthday today. As I get older obviously I am not get wiser as I have not been able to grasp the upside down economic theory of supply and demand at this point. I believed that as the dollar gained in value that crude oil would sell for less - especially when the government or whoever reports an abundant surplus on hand. Does not seem to be the case. Translate that to the money dump trucks of the oil companies and government taxation at the gas pump and it reminds you to bring your jar of Vaseline with you for your next fill-up.

It appears that the DX is not done with the move north yet. So, we should expect lower prices in oil perhaps back down toward that 87.50 level.

daily DX http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/5c152c03-4465-4294-a56f-1153542149d0/2013-02-14_1518.png

slick60

P.S. By the way nobody has been willing to assist me with my request above!

" Really sucks."

I have a birthday today. As I get older obviously I am not get wiser as I have not been able to grasp the upside down economic theory of supply and demand at this point. I believed that as the dollar gained in value that crude oil would sell for less - especially when the government or whoever reports an abundant surplus on hand. Does not seem to be the case. Translate that to the money dump trucks of the oil companies and government taxation at the gas pump and it reminds you to bring your jar of Vaseline with you for your next fill-up.

It appears that the DX is not done with the move north yet. So, we should expect lower prices in oil perhaps back down toward that 87.50 level.

daily DX http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/5c152c03-4465-4294-a56f-1153542149d0/2013-02-14_1518.png

slick60

P.S. By the way nobody has been willing to assist me with my request above!

" Really sucks."

:crap: I apologize for posting the same DX snap as previous. Did not check my post. Oil should still be going south into mid April if it is to follow the DX somewhat. This morning's snap of DX.

http://content.screencast.com/users/slick60/folders/Jing/media/53ca8502-150b-4b05-8cc0-d4a5d28764d1/2013-02-26_0440.png

If any of you lurkers trade oil out there - go get em!

slick60

Thanks

slick60

Hello slick! The CL is one of my favorite markets to trade in addition to Gold and the Russell. You can see some of my CL signals from last Friday on my thread called, "What Works For You?"

You picked a great market discuss.

Oil prices have reduced considerably in international markets over the past week.

In London, Brent Crude was selling at US$ 104.12 at the close of trading yesterday.

Meanwhile, in the US, a barrel of WTI crude oil, which commenced the week priced at US$ 97 saw the price decline to US$ 93 by the end of the week.

Was worth +840.

I went down -260 in the circle and by the time PA got back to the ONL I was back to even less the trade fee's. The rest all went in my pocket less the trade fee's.

Good luck in your trading

5aa711dc72db7_CL06-13(1Min)4_25_2013.thumb.jpg.b94a7a976cb94ade6c443b9e1d869816.jpg

Best would be to go short for a 2-week as many of the Big market commentators and Banks are having more bearish sentiment on Crude...

For those who like Technicals, it could fall off the 97 resistance level...