Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

samuel23

I Need a Good Broker!!

Hi guys, can you help me to find a good broker where i can trade Forex easily. I have been trading so some time with my broker and now i think i need a change or something new to start another trading program. All your comments will be considered but i will certainly chose the best one!! Thanks

Hi Samuel,

I am in search of a good broker too...

I closed my account at Interactive Brokers because of their fees during inactivity in trading. But with their service and tradeable instruments I was highly satisfied.

I thaught of opening an account with TD Ameritrade because of their variety of tradeable insturments and they don´t have a maintainence fee.

I do not know which instruments you want to trade but a good start of the search for me was the Ninja Traders Brokerage Partner site:

NinjaTrader stock, futures and forex charting software and online trading platform. NinjaTrader Partners.

Hope this was helpful

veAL

All IBs are pretty much the same. And don't confuse Interactive Brokers the brand with Interactive Brokers the type of brokers. For example Mirus and Infinity are both IBs/ Interactive Brokers.

Are you a member? That makes a difference. Are you a big size trader? That makes a difference too. A good broker for me may not be the a good broker for you. If you are a small trader with a small account and are not a member then chances are there will be very little difference in IBs. Interactive Brokers actually being the worst broker of all the interactive brokers.

Mirus is a good Introducing Broker.

Besides trading 6E beats EUR/USD in leverage and in commissions.

I use Mirus. They are good. However they have a recent policy that is something like if you don't make 10 or 25 round turns a month then you are charged 25 bucks. That isn't a problem with me but it could be for someone who is unsure or just starting out and might need more then 90 days of market data. Figured I would throw that out there. Again I do use them.

Thanks all for giving me some good suggestions about a new trading platform. Well i have myself investigate a little and some of my friends have given me some more sites where i can open an account. However, i am also looking a type of platform that offers contest or tournament because a quite bored with the MT4!!

How everyone - I wanted to add a little something with you guys - I have found that trying out a company - the best way to do so is through their demo account - your money is not invested - and at the same time you can see what type of support system they provide - what their spreads looks like - but do keep in mind that all demo accounts are a mixture of VIP and CLassic Accounts and they tend to be slightly late in accordance to the market view NOW!!! I have tried many demo accounts but so far - tradingforex is my favorite - try it out!!! I have ended opening a live account with them. :missy:

Thanks all for giving me some good suggestions about a new trading platform. Well I have myself investigate a little and some of my friends have given me some more sites where I can open an account. However, I am also looking a type of platform that offers a contest or tournament because I am quite bored with the MT4!!

Oh that is too bad. I thought you might of been a trader. :(

Oh well.

Yea good luck with finding a broker. Good brokers don't play games.

Maybe try that app on Facebook. Its called "Hotshot Trader." Or you can try following that scam artist FT71. He plays games. Or maybe just bag trading games and go get an Xbox 360 if you don't have one already. Lots of games on that thing.

Have Fun!!!!

Thanks all for giving me some good suggestions about a new trading platform. Well i have myself investigate a little and some of my friends have given me some more sites where i can open an account. However, i am also looking a type of platform that offers contest or tournament because a quite bored with the MT4!!

I think the only place you can enjoy forex like a game is at trade1on1. It offers 1on1 games and tournament. It is a very nice website. It is totally different from others stated in their post.

Make sure you start with a demo account. Please don't confuse -It is not a brokerage but is skill game platform. Hope you will enjoy forex there:cool:

Well guys, i have indeed try to find a good site to trade forex and on mu surprise i got it.. Well thanks to my facebook traders friends who help me with it... I was not so impressed at the first time but really when i join trade 1on1 it was different.Am still on demo account but it is very impressive as you have the ability to challenge forex traders there!.

Hi guys, can you help me to find a good broker where i can trade Forex easily. I have been trading so some time with my broker and now i think i need a change or something new to start another trading program. All your comments will be considered but i will certainly chose the best one!! Thanks

Try Weltrade broker. They have good service, fast execution, no requotes. Withdrawal is fast also.

Hello,, first i would like to tell you that broker must be regulated and trusted in market always check the license no of broker. I am doing my trading from long time with one trusted broker he is experience and trusted in market.

A very important aspect to consider when choosing a broker, trading platform is offered. All online brokers allow users to operate in the market easily through a trading platform, an application serves as a connection between the operator and the broker.

The selection of a good broker is very much essential for you to earn more and more profit. I have been in Forex Trading since 5 years and have lose much money previously with my previous brokers. But as and when I have selected my current broker I have earned a lot and I am still earning.

Regulated as well as reputed brokers , i guess, to trade with.. as there are many past examples where even regulated brokers turned into scam taking away all their traders money.

what do you guys mean by regular? or was it regulated? there are many regulated brokers out there by different body all over the world. but choosing the good ones can be difficult, maybe one can narrow them down by simply avoiding sketchy new brokers, and unregulated ones if uncertain. for example i trade mainly with hotforex for the past 6 years regulated by multiple bodies, from saint vincent, cysec and sout africa regulatories which is fairly good. but setting that aside the broker delivers and thats what matters right?

Regulation is key, some of the best which come to mind are ASIC from Austalia and FCA from the UK. To be honest I would rather my broker has 1 regulator in my opinion.

On the topic of fund safety, make sure the broker has a reliable history. Has anyone been following FXCM recently?

" Its shareholders have lost 98% of their investment since January 2015. Its parent company, Global Brokerage, Inc.,[4] has expressed "substantial doubt about [its] ability to continue as a going concern."

That's a quote. Crazy stuff! Also for funds make sure the funds sit in a safe country. Too many have there funds sitting in Cyprus and all. I'd rather my money in a more stronger economy in case anything happens.

I think above else what you should look at is if the broker is A-block or B-block, or perhaps some hybrid model. You don't want the broker hedging against you. If they are then they are not necessarily working in your interests.

So for a 'good' broker first and foremost a good regulator, make sure it has a strong performance history, and that the funds are in a 'safer' country.

In terms of trading with them and following their analyst reports you must be very careful that they don't hedge against you.

What are all your thoughts? Did I miss anything? It took a bit of looking around but now I know I'm with the right broker

Edited by HarryXAU

On 04.02.2013 at 8:47 PM, samuel23 said:

I know it's nonactual but nevertheless i just posted an info about it.