Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Vince50

Perpetual Polls:Learning Trading by Answering Questions

What is the best thing to tell the daily trend is changing?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best thing to tell the daily trend is changing?

• A huge engulfing red candle after many succesive green candles.
    • A doji after many same color candles.
    • Price crossing the 200 Moving Average.
    • Price crossing the 50 moving average.
    • Price breaking thru the .618 Fibonacci number.
    • RSI indicator breaks thru or turns around at 50.
    • A specific candlestick pattern.
    • 1 lower low and lower high.
    • 3 lower lows and lower highs.

Hello all,

I have been trading and Investing for 15+ years, and I still only have IMHO 40% of what I would like to have, as far as trading mastery. I am consistently profitable at my stage, yes. But I am not a pro. To me, anyone who is not paying all their bills and living off of trading cannot call themselves a pro no matter what the stats show on their system or methods. Anthony Robbins says that "The way we learn is by our mistakes. And the most successful people are the ones who have failed the most." But the fastest way to learn he says is by other peoples mistakes. Now that's what I'm talking about! So let us see if by looking at other peoples answers, and them looking at ours, if we can learn trading faster. This will be a lot of fun to look at all the crazy answers we see here anyway.

And another thing, many people feel because they are new,they don't have much to contribute. But often a beginner(under 1 yr of trading) gives us new or reminds us of old perspectives we once had. So don't worry, just join in! I would like to make this just polls, but I do not think they will let me do this on Traders Laboratory. If anyone knows of another Forum that would let me make as many polls as I want, please PM me and let me know. I'd love that!

So if I cant do it hear, please just answer my questions manually, but keep comments to one sentence or zero. Those that do not follow these rules will be banned without warning. I want to keep this thread moving, for all of our enjoyment. Thank You.

I guess I will have to do the rest of the polls by hand until I figure out how to do a string of the other pre-formatted polls. When answering, please just put in the poll number you are answering about, and the question number. So if it is poll number 3 and answer number 4 just put -Poll#4-3. Thats it.You can choose up to two answers so that could be on poll #19-That would look like this: Poll#19-5/2 And if you really need to, add in one other sentence, 2 at most. Thank you.

Which one of the following would help you to improve your trading results the most:

#1-Being able to get up earlier.

#2-Having more energy.

#3-Drinking less coffee and exercising more

#4-Taking profits too early.

#5-Getting too greedy and putting too many lots or too much money on initially.

#6-Adding to your trade when it is winning.

#7-Adding to your trade when it is losing.

#8-Stop playing two or more markets at once

#9-Stop playing too many Forex pairs or stocks at once

#10-Stop risking more than 2% of your total account on any one trade

#11-Stop risking more than 5% of your total account on any one trade

#12-Back test or somehow make sure the system you use is profitable enough so when you hit that buy button you have NO doubt you made the right decision.

Poll#2-1/3- I can only get in at the Asian session because I cannot stay awake if I get up before 5am as I would want to.

OK, I see they wont let us post unless we post at least 20 characters. So please add in one or 2 sentences or just do xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.