Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Forex Price Action Scalping

I have not read the book but you can get excerpts here

http://infofpas.files.wordpress.com/2011/10/excerpts-fpas-hr-3-6-121.pdf

it looks like an enjoyable read that might not tell you much new if you have experience. It might just reinforce some ideas, introduce a different take on things, but i think it will mainly repeat the advice that there is no substitute for screen time, patience and focus, context and the dreaded discipline when it comes to scalping. I would imagine there is nothing really new in here if you have been around long enough.

for $40, if it is a good read, recommended by others - and you are into scalping, or new to trading then on a quick perusal it looks good, with out too many absolutes and 'truths'

eg

"This example gives to show that the 20ema, no matter how faithful a

companion, should not be looked upon as an absolute"

Has anyone read this? Few on ET talking about it and first I've seen it.

Hi Brownsfan,

If you haven't done so already, have a read at some articles about Paul Rotter:

The Flipper - Traders Daily

The Flipper - HFT Review

The Flipper - Article

He traded bonds, not forex, and I'm not sure whether he continues to prosper . . .

Hope that helps,

BlueHorseshoe

Has anyone read this? Few on ET talking about it and first I've seen it.

This book is a well written and straight forward read. Having read two of the books authored by Al Brooks... what a joy Bob Volman's writing is by comparison.

This book was my introduction to tick charts, the use of which I've employed in my trading for the past 5 months... highly recommended book if you are interested in scalping strategies. I don't trade forex, but his methods translate well to other markets too.

Good stuff... money well spent.

Guest OILFXPRO

Is this not the same old stuff regurgitated from come into my trading room by elder?.Elder did it on 5 mins.

The 20 ema thread has better set ups.

Is this not the same old stuff regurgitated from come into my trading room by elder?.Elder did it on 5 mins.

The 20 ema thread has better set ups.

It has been many years since reading Dr. Elders book, but I don't recall similarities in the two books. If Dr. Elder did address "scalping" it may have been given a few paragraphs, not much more.

It may well be that there is "nothing new under the sun", and all books on trading share common threads.