Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Day Trading the E-mini Futures with Predictor

Replenishing bid at 52.50 exhausted market order selling

---

Early indications are that this selling could turn around.. cautious to be short here

will be providing less commentary... have to refocus on my performance...

Very large limit offer imbalance off the 55.50.... its important to watch how the trade responds to such imbalances... Traders are buying but so far haven't been able to push through these order book imbalances.

---

At order book imbalances, once the buying is exhausted we'll see HFT shoot in market sell orders. Order book imbalances can be taken out when one or more buy programs become synchronized.

At 52.50 we had a surge in buying.... however the limit order traders exhausted all the buying. I view this activity as equity driven buying programs vs larger futures speculators. Others might view it as short covering but however you view it... when the buying programs finished the market was free to fall some more.

If market can hold above 49 then a retest higher is likely..

----

Market still looks to be possibly reversing here... need the limit order driver to pull up. It looks like HFT bots try to buy every low then unload the inventory for a few ticks.

Edited by Predictor

Thanks to MMS for creating this thread. I want to encourage others who want to post real-time analysis to post here. This thread is now for real-time analysis or future looking analysis only. The idea is to make this a great real-time resource for active traders.

What's on topic here?

Market calls

Market outlook

Anticipations of happenings in future

Statements about what is happening in the market at the moment

Attention to announcements or other market impact changes or other things that active traders in market "right now" need to be aware

Most of all focusing on now or in the future -- not the past.

Thanks.

Edited by Predictor

Here are my levels for the next 8-24 hours. These are generated in advance by the computer. I'm going to be busy finishing our software this next week and getting it ready for first publish. We've a lot of things that haven't been seen yet that I'm very excited about.

High2:1474

High1:1470

Low: 1467

The market is right now at 1470.

John and Dio: I consider off-topic now. I'm not interested. Please create a new thread for this or take it private. Your chit chat covers up my analysis and makes it harder for others to follow me. Thanks for understanding.

Driver today seems to be aapl... still building significant short interest and haven't traded above them. This could be setting up for a trend day to down side.

---

Bias is still to upside but with greater risks now. It looks like a stop run was triggered at 63.25.. if we can trade above that then that would be a good sign for bulls. I'm just looking for a small movement but on the longer time frame things are looking worse.

---

New sell programs triggering

---

Strong bid as appeared for first time in day..

---

AAPL is rallying to near HOD

Edited by Predictor

Large selling at 62.50 was unable to move market lower... replenishing bid.. if we move higher/away then those can often be good contrary indicators

can you post a screen shot that compliments your narration?

Not enough time... barely enough time to write it out esp after I place trades on it. I can do a post wrap up but not in real-time unless I was sharing my screen which I'm not setup to do.

Market is turning more negative... what we're seeing now is buying each time the market ticks down and its unable to move the market higher. This is a result of a limit order trader stepping down the market. This is a concern but I think it will take a bit more time to fully develop...

---

Buy program just triggered... if this buying doesn't drive market higher then we could get another run down.

I will be exiting on any strength here..

I encourage everyone to go and look at everything Tams has written to me. I don't think this character has written one non trolling post.

It may be I have to move these calls to some sort of exclusive channel. I've tried sharing for free but it seems just to attract the wrong kind of people. It is no wonder there are so many failed traders. It seems like there are more people motivated by the negative then actually those who actually are trying to trade or contribute. Of course, this isn't the entire story. I get a lot of emails and thanks. It is just that the rudest folks tend to be the loudest.

Hi Predictor,

If you feel that what you're doing has value and you're getting selective feedback to support it, then why not just completely ignore anything that isn't directly relevant and continue for anyone who might be interested?

Otherwise, if you start responding to every detractor, you risk falling into the "Roger Felton Trap" . . .

Hope that helps,

BlueHorseshoe

Hi Predictor,

If you feel that what you're doing has value and you're getting selective feedback to support it, then why not just completely ignore anything that isn't directly relevant and continue for anyone who might be interested?

Otherwise, if you start responding to every detractor, you risk falling into the "Roger Felton Trap" . . .

Hope that helps,

BlueHorseshoe

That is a good idea, for those who are posting calls just to help others. Is that the case here, or is it someone looking for attention, praise, adulation, and software sales for a product that does not even exist yet?

I personally would love to see calls, pure and simple, unadorned by double talk, weasel words and invented industry jargon/excuses. I do not think I'll get that, though.

Hi Everyone,

This is Predictor's thread, so let's let him post in peace. If anyone doesn't like what he is posting please put this thread on ignore.

thx

MMS

How does one put a thread on Ignore?

Computer generated levels for next 24 hours. I don't always use these in my trading. As any sort of estimation, they have many limitations. However, on average I believe they will be quite a bit more accurate then most levels that traders tend to use:

H2: 1470

H1: 1466

L1: 1465

I am somewhat more bearish. Projected stop (which shouldn't be hit) is 1442. I'm weighing a higher probability of a stop run but keeping an open mind. If we were to start to hold below L1 then a run lower could develop.

Not usually active over night but see some evidence market may test the 61.50. Currently at 63. It's a mix of programming and testing the software. Always encourage all traders to trade in "discrete" manner...

------

Discrete simply means each trade is like a prediction.. win or lose then move on. I'm weighing odds we trade down to 60 or so but right now based on the flow and book a test of 61ish is in store.

Nice average low so far between my anticipation and the computer's est low.. Fairly strong buy imbalance below 60 in the order flow. I may be inactive today as I was active from overnight.

Market looks rather weak here still...

----

LQ provider is resetting inventory to just below the 60.. 59.25

Edited by Predictor