Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

edgararakelyan

How Much Profit Does the Average Successful Trader Make?

From the last post, looks like this thread topic has degraded into total nonsensical jibberish.

Every TL member knows what a true Forum is and I think they can tell that this isn't one by definition. A Forum is a free exchange of ideas and information based on honesty and fairness. It's a place where men and women can meet and not be bullied and attacked because of their race, religion, age or occupation. TL has just never lived up to that definition at any time in the years I've been a member.

Trying to help fellow traders and be a valuable contributing member of this Forum has always been met with insults and false accusations with no basis in fact. Me and my family have been threatened with physical harm by people here for no reason than I'm a vendor. I'm always left feeling like a black guy who stumbled into a KKK rally. I kept thinking that surely not all members here are like this. I hope not.

But trying to contribute and help here...as well as learn new things from others has just been a lousy miserable experience that I can well do without. So I will. Last one to go bring the flag...

Sometime in the future, I hope this forum can grow and mature and evolve into what a real forum should be. Where each member is treated equally with civility and respect and are judged according to their willingness to listen, learn and contribute. A forum where differing opinions are encouraged but mean, vicious, unfounded baseless attacks are not tolerated by anyone.

Till then, see ya!

This trade is now in profit :roll eyes:

Worth pyramiding into this one as the Felton fractals are increasing in size.With a bigger range it makes sense to lean on this one a bit.I'll let you know when to take profit later- got a trailing stop natch.

I don't think he'll storm off in a huff this time,but if you sense it coming,load up the shorts but bail out as soon as you're in profit,as he tends to leave several times in a row.But,like i said the short is a lower probability this time.

When it comes to human nature and markets...they're the same thing.

Remember,the trend can last longer than you think.

:smoking:

Mitsubishi, what timeframe are your trading this on?

Where each member is treated equally with civility and respect

Like the respect you afford everybody by claiming 1k per day on a single contract?

I'm not saying it's impossible, Roger, or that you can't do it, but it's sufficiently at odds with most people's experience here that your best bet in terms of credibility would be to be more modest in your claims. Marketing is all about credibility, and credibility is about aligning yourself with other people's experience.

Regards,

BlueHorsehoe

ps Mit, I hope I didn't just whipsaw you!!!

Your agenda is obvious. So please, SIUYA, with all due respect, go threaten someone else.

I have agenda so its not obvious to me - previously this was all on good terms until you wanted to bring it up again....or so i thought. This is not a threat, its not slander - It appears you want to bring up things and promote yourself again and you do so by introducing the previous thread by saying my previous review was insufficient..........

Regards THIS THREAD - you claim by trading 2 contracts per day averaging $1000 in each instrument (this is a claim as you dont provide statements to back it up - nothing wrong with that - but because if this it makes it a claim)

"Your misunderstanding of how 1K is made with 2 contracts is due to your not asking any questions when you visited us" - I for this thread just wanted clarity as thats what normal how understandings are reached......but you wish to drag up the past in some sort of promotion and attack on me.....

All this has been said and done before.....

I will direct anyone to the thread http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/technical-analysis/4883-feltontrading-method-17.html

as i reminded myself of my post #134 on page 17

Lets see if you can do the same. Or are you going to prove Mitsubishi is on the right idea......

But there is absolutely no system in the world that anyone can give me or sell that I (or anyone else) can then take and start making money. Not in a week, not in a month, perhaps not even in a year...especially with little or no guidance or training.

I don't know why so many traders are so boneheaded that they are convinced that the "secret" is in the system. Never has been and never will be. Once a trader has lost enough time, tears, sweat, money and hair, they will start to realize that the real secret lies somewhere else. Look in the mirror and have an epiphany. Only then will lasting success be within your grasp.

I'm typically very suspicious of vendors but reading many of Roger's comments, he does sound like he knows what he's talking about.. He's made a pretty generous offer and it shouldn't hurt to find out if it resonates with you.. Here's a really easy way to settle it..

See some RECENT statements or see some real time trade calls over a period.. That should settle it real quick.. If statements and real time trade calls is consistent with the claims, see if that method resonates with you or if you can integrate it with what you're already using. Real simple.. no need to beat him up..

Here are 2 trusims to recognize in public forums:

1 - although there are lots of trading educators that can't trade, certainly there has to be some that can...

2 - trading involves a lot of ego and that's why public trading forums often gets into ego wars and typically, unsuccessful traders are resentful of traders claiming success.

but the easy way to settle it if anyone is serious is to either show statements or give real time trades.. anything other than that are just claims really..

Edited by TRADEZILLA

I'm typically very suspicious of vendors but reading many of Roger's comments, he does sound like he knows what he's talking about.. He's made a pretty generous offer and it shouldn't hurt to find out if it resonates with you.. Here's a really easy way to settle it..

See some RECENT statements or see some real time trade calls over a period.. That should settle it real quick.. If statements and real time trade calls is consistent with the claims, see if that method resonates with you or if you can integrate it with what you're already using. Real simple.. no need to beat him up..

Here are 2 trusims to recognize in public forums:

1 - although there are lots of trading educators that can't trade, certainly there has to be some that can...

2 - trading involves a lot of ego and that's why public trading forums often gets into ego wars and typically, unsuccessful traders are resentful of traders claiming success.

but the easy way to settle it if anyone is serious is to either show statements or give real time trades.. anything other than that are just claims really..

I dont think anyone doubted Rogers claims so much as as apparent constant marketing that he comes up with - and as for a generous offer even though he wont accept anyone from TL as a client as he will not charge them, -"I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT IN ANY FORM FROM ANY TL FORUM SUBSCRIBER" - and only full fee paying clients will be charged...Not sure how that will work............he might not think so, but many others perceive it to be continual marketing.....:2c:.

....and the clarity that he says he can make on average $1000 per day using 2 contracts - he verified he can do this - so this is directly related to this thread.....

Roger seemed to get a little up tight by this and wanted to bring into question my review last year - this room was largely positive - I even offered to not further discuss it unless he wanted to....#76 - which he then proceeded to bring up his systems again.....#78. Basically the continual marketing......

As for his room- i just did not think it was good value and there were other reasons i gave for why i thought it might have issues.

Even though in his room he trades SIM - they are live calls, and he provides no evidence of this in terms of statements.....all this has been discussed before in the previous threads.......I was even a supporter of his, but he appears not to like any criticism at all.

Anyone is free to contact him and trial his room for themselves and make their own mind up.....whats fairer than that.

I dont think anyone doubted Rogers claims so much as as apparent constant marketing that he comes up with - and as for a generous offer even though he wont accept anyone from TL as a client as he will not charge them, -"I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY PAYMENT IN ANY FORM FROM ANY TL FORUM SUBSCRIBER" - and only full fee paying clients will be charged...Not sure how that will work............he might not think so, but many others perceive it to be continual marketing.....:2c:.

....and the clarity that he says he can make on average $1000 per day using 2 contracts - he verified he can do this - so this is directly related to this thread.....

Roger seemed to get a little up tight by this and wanted to bring into question my review last year - this room was largely positive - I even offered to not further discuss it unless he wanted to....#76 - which he then proceeded to bring up his systems again.....#78. Basically the continual marketing......

As for his room- i just did not think it was good value and there were other reasons i gave for why i thought it might have issues.

Even though in his room he trades SIM - they are live calls, and he provides no evidence of this in terms of statements.....all this has been discussed before in the previous threads.......I was even a supporter of his, but he appears not to like any criticism at all.

Anyone is free to contact him and trial his room for themselves and make their own mind up.....whats fairer than that.

If he's truly verified that, that's an impressive feat regardless of sim or live and that's already head and shoulders above most trading educators, which typically won't provide either. Who cares if he's "excessively" self promoting by his claims that are already verified.. why should that bother anybody else.. Its the trading educators that makes such claims that don't verify that trading forums should harass but typically they have lots of supporters...lol, the irony..

HOWEVER, if its only in sim and not live, it also means there is no evidence of self mastery with the psychological aspect of trading but that can also be a very personal thing as every trader has different risk tolerance and constitutional makeup. For traders seeking to be profitable, they should 1'st learn to be profitable in sim first and then go live.. Maybe Mr. Felton can help them at least achieve the 1'st part.. When they go live, their inner demons will come out, but at least they won't have to worry about both a workable edge AND their psychology at the same time.. Psychology is a very personal thing and each has to work that out on their own by being honest and self reflective about it..

If Mr. Felton is indeed unable to take any criticism, I would take that as a psychological weakness, and can explain why he can sim trade like a champ and can't duplicate it live. Ideally you want to learn from someone that has both a good understanding of the market AND someone that understands how psychology is integrated into the method.. Thus far, it sounds to me like Mr. Felton has verified one aspect but not the other.

Edited by TRADEZILLA

Can you define it? I guess you could define that statement for yourself.Can you define it for me? I don't think so.I don't think your idea of money management is going to look like my definition.Can you define it for all the members here?

It's a pretty meaningless statement otherwise.

I don't believe in Forex. For years I paid my people extra so they wouldn't do that kind of business. Somebody comes to them and says, "I have pairs; if you put up three, four thousand dollar investment, we can make fifty thousand trading." So they can't resist. I want to control it as a business, to keep it respectable.

[slamming hand on the table and pointing]

I don't want Forex near schools! I don't want it sold to children! That's an infamia. In my city, we would keep the traffic in the Europeans, the Greeks or the Cypriots. They're animals anyway, so let them lose their souls.

"So what are you gonna tell us about your edge today wiseguy"?

"Tell you?...my usual,zero,nothin'."

"No.you're gonna tell us something today wiseguy"

"Ok,i'll tell you something...money management"

The bartender got a hundred just for keeping the ice cubes cold.

As i recall,the bartender got shot in the foot to start with.I think i've done that a few times myself.Still,money management saved my ass...i just refunded my acccount.

Apparently,this is how Europe "works" these days.

Oh, no. That was Spider who got shot in the foot. He was a different bartender.

It's scary when we are supposed to make sense of things that don't make sense. Soon we will be questioning known gravitational properties.