Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

edgararakelyan

Trading AAPL

aapl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Aapl could possibly have a bullish week beginning tomorrow possibly, as you can see volume is slightly winding down. It could also drop down to 480 still in the long run according to fibonnaci and even test a support trendline from 2009 in 460-70. In the andrew line you can see that aapl broke through the resistance and tested it, it has to be able to hold 520-30.

if aapl's earning are better than expectations it would mean good for the stock but if they underperform the stock will be in bad shape as this quarter is normally their quarter.

On this chart you can see my trades with the arrows.

(click on the pic to make bigger)

yidN6.jpg?1

AAPL found some resistance in the gap at 510-520 and immediately returned back after venturing into it. The stock's volume and rsi are dropping showing a potential drop back to 490 tomorrow and possibly see if the gap will hold support. In the 1-5 day charts the 18 dma crosser under the 50dma so a possible sign that the stock will drop. Also waiting on aapl's earnings report.

By the way I've only been trading for about 7-8 months and am still a newbie, I only trade about 8k and I'll be posting my earning each week. I'd appreciate it if you guys could give me advice and discuss.

This month i'm up $330.

Hi, this is my first message, but I fallow this forum from many time.

Second me it can reach to 520$ or max 560$ but then it will fall down to 460$.

In the monthly timeframe the final long term target is 202 $.

am I crazy? I don't know, but I think that this prediction can came true.

Sorry for my no good English.

I attached two graphics with my personal trend line and analysis.

Have a good day.

Hi, this is my first message, but I fallow this forum from many time.

Second me it can reach to 520$ or max 560$ but then it will fall down to 460$.

In the monthly timeframe the final long term target is 202 $.

am I crazy? I don't know, but I think that this prediction can came true.

Sorry for my no good English.

I attached two graphics with my personal trend line and analysis.

Have a good day.

I'm not good with the fundamentals of aapl, but I'm pretty positive they aren't bad enough to allow aapl to break their support trendline from 2009 at 460-70. I've heard earnings should be pretty good for this quarter and that could boost aapl up.

Today I shorted aapl at 498 but then ended up covering at 498 taking a small loss from commissions which is alright as I bought into aapl later this morning at 504 and expect a nice profit tomorrow.

dE06WoI.jpg

As you can see, aapl fell on light volume and the price is increasing with the volume which is always a good sign. The stock could definitely rally much higher if the earnings are great. I think tomorrow aapl will gap up and I will sell then and then wait for the reaction from the earnings report. This is only short term though which is mainly what I care about.

Hey guys,

I made a giant post on AAPL on my 'tech picks.." thread that is really quite hot! I mean all the tips there have worked out great and you want to check it out.

Wall Street is bullish on the stock and so am I. Its consensus price target of $745 gives it an upswing of almost 50%. Its pretty incredible.

I expect a lot of volatility tomorrow and I've already capitalized by shorting and going long on the stock a few times. I have gone long about 90% of the time, though.

Regards,

Vinayak - The Valley Trader.

I followed my strategy to the T. I sold out of my position of 504 at 510. I was speculating whether or not to buy in before earnings as i heard they were god, yet I didn't. Thank god as aapl dropped down to 463 during after hours, lol that was crazy.

You are trading against the trend, NOT GOOD. If you leave a 100 share position overnight and the stock gaps down, you can lose a quick 4 to 5 thousand of your 10 thousand. I tend to want to take trades against the trend as well and have spent 2 years trying to break myself of this. If it is easy to take a position exactly where you want , you are probably trading in the wrong direction. It should be difficult to buy at a good price. Read "Reminisciences of a Stock Operator". It is the first and possibly still the best book on trading.

You are trading against the trend, NOT GOOD. If you leave a 100 share position overnight and the stock gaps down, you can lose a quick 4 to 5 thousand of your 10 thousand. I tend to want to take trades against the trend as well and have spent 2 years trying to break myself of this. If it is easy to take a position exactly where you want , you are probably trading in the wrong direction. It should be difficult to buy at a good price. Read "Reminisciences of a Stock Operator". It is the first and possibly still the best book on trading.

Thanks, and i'm not completely mad that I did this trade, I learned a valuable lesson that will save me money in the long run. With each incorrect trade I learn what I did wrong and become better for it.

i'm in agreement with Bj139.

I think that the first short target of Apple is 360$ in few weeks. I am sure!

It can reach also 202$ in the long term, but i'm not sure of this.

I opened a short position at 660$ and I closed it yesterday.

Today, i opened a new short position at 465$ and i would want close it at 410$ in the next days. Only when Apple will reach 360$, i will open a new long position.

I hope my reflections are useful for you.

Sorry for my no good english!:)

Bye Bye,

Alessandro.

i'm in agreement with Bj139.

I think that the first short target of Apple is 360$ in few weeks. I am sure!

It can reach also 202$ in the long term, but i'm not sure of this.

I opened a short position at 660$ and I closed it yesterday.

Today, i opened a new short position at 465$ and i would want close it at 410$ in the next days. Only when Apple will reach 360$, i will open a new long position.

I hope my reflections are useful for you.

Sorry for my no good english!:)

Bye Bye,

Alessandro.

I created another thread titled "edgararakelyan stock market trading log", and in it you would see that I sold my shares and then did some other trades and recently this morning I covered my short (433) at 423.

Edited by edgararakelyan