Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

(HLF) War Over Herbalife ...

I've had it on my trade watch for two weeks. If it trades below today's $38.03 low tomorrow (1/11/13), HLF is a short for me. My trade will be the Feb 32.5 put, preferably at $2 or better. At $2 or better, those are currently the best "bang for the buck," aka R:R ratio on a retest of the Dec $26.06 low close or even the 12/24 $24.24 low.

No special insight - I only trade with the trend. As I perceive it, the trend is down. So I am looking to sell after a pullback against the main trend just as the main trend again exerts itself.

If you were to throw HLF on a chart set up such as I use in the Optiontimer's Project thread, you'll see why I view it as a short. If you were to view it on such a chart, you will also see why I bought puts on HLF on Monday 11/26/2012. It's the same set up. I would love to have the same result, but that may be too much to ask for.

Yes. And nearly any combination of MA's can be used to define trend and nearly any overbought/oversold oscillator can be used to help time entries. Remember that overbought is, in my view, only useful in the context of a downtrend, and oversold is only useful in the context of an uptrend.

Also, support & resistance in the form of prior highs and prior lows is not to be overlooked. If price were to power through that 42.18 and closed above it, and especially if it had closed above 44.79, then nevermin whatever your indicators are telling you, and follow price action to determine which way is what.

The war have just started so I have open a new trade for HLF: Long on February call with a strike of 45 priced at $1.60 per contract and long on February put with a strike of 35 priced at $1.90. Net Debit: $3.5 Max Loss: $3.5

I've had it on my trade watch for two weeks. If it trades below today's $38.03 low tomorrow (1/11/13), HLF is a short for me. My trade will be the Feb 32.5 put, preferably at $2 or better. At $2 or better, those are currently the best "bang for the buck," aka R:R ratio on a retest of the Dec $26.06 low close or even the 12/24 $24.24 low.

I'm liking the Feb 45 puts here with the stock at $44.00. The 40's do not look bad but they are tough to get right now for the right price.

I'm liking the Feb 45 puts here with the stock at $44.00. The 40's do not look bad but they are tough to get right now for the right price.

Those puts could have been had that day at $4. Last trade was $9.90 with a $10x$10.30 market at Friday's close.

Now if only I had a crystal ball to tell me whether $25 was in the cards before Feb expiration.