Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

forexpro

Do You Have Trading Resolutions for 2013?????????????

Have you critically evaluated your trading performance in 2012? What strategies worked for and against you? What mistakes did you make and what wise decisions increased your net worth?

Well, if you have walked back into the trading arena without looking back at your performance in 2012 then you most probably will make similar if not worse mistakes. Trade differently this year by making feasible and achievable resolutions that will guide your trading.

Here are some of the resolutions I have made:

1. Start by improving your personal life

The benefit of having an all round life is that it will reflect positively in your trading behavior, and eventually in the profits that you will make. This year, plan your time well, be objective, disciplined and stopping wasting time on things that do not really matter. If you start on a project, complete it.

2. Stick to a trading method that has worked for you, but at the same time, learn new strategies

Many traders struggle to make money because they try to apply all strategies they know at the same time. It may help you better if you stick to one strategy all year round and not jump from one strategy to another. Try and specialize in one trading area and teach others how to succeed in it too. 

3. Set a time limit for trading

Spending too much time watching charts may end up being counterproductive. Set an adequate amount of time that will be productive and enough for you to watch your charts and make good trading decisions. Too much screen time has led to hypnotism of some traders which has resulted in them in making trades that are not really valid. However, you can spend as much time as you would like increasing your general investor knowledge.

4. Keep it simple- think less, analyze less, but take action

Humans tend to complicate many things including trading. Keep to one strategy that will guide you to victory. Remove all kinds of unnecessary clutter from your charts that tend to blur your decision making. Do not spend too much time analyzing as this may complicate and eventually confuse you.

KEEP IT REAL. HAPPY 2013 :cool:

My 2013 resolution is to be more disciplined.

Your resolutions r valid and, if implemented, will produce better results. If we want to group all of these points under one major head, it will be discipline. Basically if u r disciplined in trading, it will benefit u a lot. Your learning pace will be increased. Your analytical skills will increase. You will be able to control ur emotions.

Traders should analyze their weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannually and annually. Compare ur performance with past periods and see where u lack and where u r strong. Sometimes traders change their trading strategy completely and ignore strengths of that strategy. So traders should concentrate on areas where they r weak.

I have only been trading forex lately..

So my resolutions for this year will be to open a stocks trading account..

Also, to generate further money to boost my investment power...

Ya i do have many trading resolutions for this year. Well first, i will now trade Forex more seriously (no gaming and facebooking inbetween :roll eyes:) as this was what i was doing the most when i was on an open trade. I going to focus and increase my general knowledge about the market and use it to boost my Forex trades. Am sure if i do that am going to achieve my goals!

Ya i do have many trading resolutions for this year. Well first, i will now trade Forex more seriously (no gaming and facebooking inbetween :roll eyes:) as this was what i was doing the most when i was on an open trade. I going to focus and increase my general knowledge about the market and use it to boost my Forex trades. Am sure if i do that am going to achieve my goals!

which games during play in between trades ..its something i sometimes do myself ,playing MMO's ..:D

which games during play in between trades ..its something i sometimes do myself ,playing MMO's ..:D

Well there is lots of games that i play inbetween my trades. Sometime it can be soccer, sonic, mario, carts, many others :haha: I hope that this year am going to trade more seriously and get some good profit!