Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlueHorseshoe

Puzzles for Traders

I thought you had agreed to reveal the answer three days ago?

UNCLE.

BlueHorseshoe

i did not remember agreeing? But i could have and just forgot. Only need three more uncles and the answer shall appear.

Ps i still havent figured out your puzzle. I cry uncle too.

as most traders do - cut and move on and dont get too emotionally attached to anything that has little value even if a control freak wants to drag you in......

so for another thinking puzzle.....

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus

An old lady who looks as if she is about to die.

An old friend who once saved your life.

The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Knowing that there can only be one passenger in your car, whom would you choose?

as most traders do - cut and move on and dont get too emotionally attached to anything that has little value even if a control freak wants to drag you in......

You are driving down the road in your car on a wild, stormy night, when you pass by a bus stop and you see three people waiting for the bus

Knowing that there can only be one passenger in your car, whom would you choose?

I'd take the old lady. By doing such a noble deed, my perfect partner would want my number before I left. And while I take the lady to the hospital, the friend who was willing to save my life would be telling my perfect partner how great I am, thus cementing that first date.

Or, if the stormy night implies that whoever I don't take will die, I choose the partner. The old lady's on the way out anyway and the friend could end up being some megalomaniacal weirdo who seems overly interested in proving a point about stop-losses using a situation that has absolutely nothing in common with stop-losses. Like using this post to prove how "you can be a better trader! Guaranteed!"

I was stopped out on this riddle, I have already accepted that a few days ago but , in order for me to move on I need to know what I did wrong so I can try and avoid it in the future. This cannot be done without the answer.

I was stopped out on this riddle, I have already accepted that a few days ago but , in order for me to move on I need to know what I did wrong so I can try and avoid it in the future. This cannot be done without the answer.

Good - you did nothing wrong. you stopped out. move on, its just another trade.

If you cant move on for a valueless answer to a riddle then maybe you should not be trading ?? ;)

The answer is either so simple, stupid or debatable it wont make any difference to your life as it is probably not worth too much emotional effort to please some anonymous person on the internet stroking their own ego with their own game of control.....but what ever turns you on.

Some people need shoes, whips and chains, others need people to cry uncle to them.....each to their own.

If you cant move on for a valueless answer to a riddle then maybe you should not be trading ?? ;)

The answer is either so simple, stupid or debatable it wont make any difference to your life as it is probably not worth too much emotional effort to please some anonymous person on the internet stroking their own ego with their own game of control.....but what ever turns you on.

Some people need shoes, whips and chains, others need people to cry uncle to them.....each to their own.

Wow , you got all that from 2 sentences......Nice!

as it is the least obvious passenger choice ;)

I remember this from when I was going for my AA degree in a critical thinking class......If I remember correctly you should give the keys to your friend for saving your life , ask him to drive the old lady to the hospital and wait for the bus with you soulmate.

I'd take the old lady. Because doing so would make me look like such a gentlemen and a good guy that the partner would want my number. And while I'm taking the lady to the hospital the friend who saved my life would vouch for how great I am, locking in that first date.

Or if the storm means whoever I don't take will die, I'd take the partner. The old lady's on the way out anyway and the friend could be a terrible person, who only saved me because he thought I looked right-wing (it happened at the Norway shooting).

i did not remember agreeing? But i could have and just forgot. Only need three more uncles and the answer shall appear.

Ps i still havent figured out your puzzle. I cry uncle too.

SIUYA basically had the right idea, but rather than 'piggybacking' you want to be 'front-running'. The basic process for most sequences is to take the middle choice, reverse it, and move it to the front.

It's known as the 'Penney Ante', and I'm going to be lazy and let the web explain:

Penney's game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://bact.mathcircles.org/files/Summer2010/PenneyAnte.pdf

Given that the whole thing is essentially about probabality and binary sequences, then I wonder whether there could be some application for trading binary outcomes?

BlueHorseshoe

and the friend could be a terrible person, who only saved me because he thought I looked right-wing (it happened at the Norway shooting).

"I thought that he thought that I thought that fascism was good, which I don't, so he shouldn't, then I wouldn't . . ."

Remind me never to get mixed up in your personal life! :)

BlueHorseshoe

sounds like suiya might be pissed off? he couldn't guess it, and won't admit it, and isn't humble enough to cry "uncle". :helloooo: sounds like he may be stroking his ego. :rofl: :rofl: tactical modus operandi..make the riddle valueless...the answer stupid (which it may actually be depending on how you see it) or simple (which it is), and the riddle maker an evil person...oh well one thing he may be right about..it may be time to move on...if you don't understand the trade..can't take the loss..can't learn why you were stopped out...then trading with a BIG ego is a great way to fill someone elses pocket book with your money. it is what it is :haha: :haha: :cool:

SIUYA basically had the right idea, but rather than 'piggybacking' you want to be 'front-running'. The basic process for most sequences is to take the middle choice, reverse it, and move it to the front.

It's known as the 'Penney Ante', and I'm going to be lazy and let the web explain:

Penney's game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://bact.mathcircles.org/files/Summer2010/PenneyAnte.pdf

Given that the whole thing is essentially about probabality and binary sequences, then I wonder whether there could be some application for trading binary outcomes?

BlueHorseshoe

thanks for the explanation..i will take the time to read the article. it was a good puzzle...kudos to siuya. even if he doesn't like my riddle or me personally. most people don't like me. that is ok..i don't like them either :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS and i don't give a sh$t :missy:

sounds like suiya might be pissed off? he couldn't guess it, and won't admit it, and isn't humble enough to cry "uncle". :helloooo: sounds like he may be stroking his ego. :rofl: :rofl: tactical modus operandi..make the riddle valueless...the answer stupid (which it may actually be depending on how you see it) or simple (which it is), and the riddle maker an evil person...oh well one thing he may be right about..it may be time to move on...if you don't understand the trade..can't take the loss..can't learn why you were stopped out...then trading with a BIG ego is a great way to fill someone elses pocket book with your money. it is what it is :haha: :haha: :cool:

• pissed of - no.
  • not humble enough to cry uncle - no - i 'liked' others when they called for an answer, after that i forgot about it. So to make you feel better - 'uncle'
  • to me the riddle is valueless - it wont change my life one little bit. There is no loss except to confirm you have certainly left no doubt that you are a control freak.
  • you evil - who cares - you think you are one of the good smart guys and then proceeds to demands everyones attention because you have a riddle
  • like you - irrelevant - I often like three year olds, sometimes i dont like them when they cry....they usually dont give a shit either.

• pissed of - no.
  • not humble enough to cry uncle - no - i 'liked' others when they called for an answer, after that i forgot about it. So to make you feel better - 'uncle'
  • to me the riddle is valueless - it wont change my life one little bit. There is no loss except to confirm you have certainly left no doubt that you are a control freak.
  • you evil - who cares - you think you are one of the good smart guys and then proceeds to demands everyones attention because you have a riddle
  • like you - irrelevant - I often like three year olds, sometimes i dont like them when they cry....they usually dont give a shit either.

:angry: :angry: :angry: :bang head: :thumbs down: :shocked:

• pissed of - no.

now i know where we americans get our arrogance..from the brits!!! :shrug: :rofl:

thanks for the explanation..i will take the time to read the article. it was a good puzzle...kudos to siuya. even if he doesn't like my riddle or me personally. most people don't like me. that is ok..i don't like them either :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

PS and i don't give a sh$t :missy:

Patuca, I know life can be hard sometimes.

You've said that you think people do not like you and you do not like them, on several occasions. Why?

Perhaps if you look in the mirror and find that deep down you just want to be accepted and be liked by others, you could try to give people a reason to like you. Or at the very least, don't give them reasons to dislike you.

Start small, try being polite, treat others as you yourself would like to be treated. See what happens. What will Patuca in ten years time think of the Patuca that he used to be? The future hasn't happened yet. Who you will be is entirely your own decision.

If I have misread your posts then of course I apologise.

All the best.

Edited by Perrin

Patuca, I know life can be hard sometimes.

You've said that you think people do not like you and you do not like them, on several occasions. Why?

Perhaps if you look in the mirror and find that deep down you just want to be accepted and be liked by others, you could try to give people a reason to like you. Or at the very least, don't give them reasons to dislike you.

Start small, try being polite, treat others as you yourself would like to be treated. See what happens. What will Patuca in ten years time think of the Patuca that he used to be? The future hasn't happened yet. Who you will be is entirely your own decision.

If I have misread your posts then of course I apologise.

All the best.

good advice. Thanks. maybe i can reform. I just been around too many bastards and seen their sh$t too many times. Could it be people don't like me because i. Speak the truth..things they don't want to hear....regardless? I actually like MM but he would probally would not believe me. I do tend to get dramatic and hyperbolish at times but that is me. Watch you see is what you get... I respect everyones right to their own opinion. Thanks for the advice..not sure i'll take it but it is an option.