Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wmck6167

Are You Favor Fundamental Analysis or Technical Analysis? I Have Another One….

Fundamental analysis or technical analysis are great tools and I believe that many are quite familiar with those. But one day I used my own way and surprised, I found that it also can make money. It’s very simple, just used my eyes looked at the raw data of price curve vs. volume without any makeup tools on it. I used my feeling to feel the trend since stock market only go up or down two directions. Then I found that I still can make money. Believe it or not, I can see 3D picture without using 3D glasses, just refocus my eyes consciously. Cheers, just for fun and have a great weekend. :confused:

If you have a small capital to trade or invest with ,then maybe fundamental analysis wont do much help as its a long term strategy. For small capital trading technical analysis will suite more..

It is not an essay task to know the differences between fundamental and technical investment analysis, as they are many. Most investors believe they are using one method or the other, if they understand the differences which most of them don't and thus, In reality, a majority of investors are using a combination of these two types of analysis. For me, I consider myself using an analysis which is 70% based on the fundamental analysis and the rest 30% of the technical analysis.

I am in the favor of fundamental analysis ! If you are asking me to choose one of these two only ! But if there is no strict restriction, using both makes the most sense to me. Since fundamental and technical analysis provides information that adds insight to investment analysis. I use to use the Fundamental analysis first ! Because I think technical analysis is not enough alone to confirm the findings but it can be helpful if you use fundamental analysis first and then technical analysis.

Well, I personally think that the combination of both must be used. But with gravitation towards fundamental analysis.

Technical must be more like making steps or choosing your speed and changing gears in the car, while fundamental is more about choosing direction and turning the wheel. You know how fast (high) or slow (low) you can go, but you must pay attention to the road (news) and make your choices accordingly.

I'm more in favor of sidra position. More than half of fundamental and less than half of technical.

Fundamental or technical analyses are both great tools! For some extent, I believe the mental activities to make the right decision behind these tools maybe the key. There are so many interactions behind the scene, even many use the same tools or same procedures. Could we find a scientific way to predict it? Could we win the game even if we think that we could predict it? Cheers, have a fun.

I use both of them, because is very important to know technical and fundamental analysis to. If you are a scalper must be carful, don't trade with your technical analysis if coming strong news. I like scalp trade, so I always look for news before a trade.

Good luck

IMO main priority should always be fundamentals cause fundamentalists are the ones who survive any market conditions....People like Warren Buffet, Karl Icahn, George Soros etc have not only survived but thrived for decades cause they dont take chances unless the forecast-ed output is strong and concrete which is done through studying fundamentals....

Technicals can be more useful for short term retailers but still Fundamentals cant be ignored if u are serious in this business..

I would say I use TA , but also psychological analysis as that works better for me. I find behavioral finance methods work better for me than 2 lines crossing some other line on a chart.

IMO main priority should always be fundamentals cause fundamentalists are the ones who survive any market conditions....People like Warren Buffet, Karl Icahn, George Soros etc have not only survived but thrived for decades cause they dont take chances unless the forecast-ed output is strong and concrete which is done through studying fundamentals....

Technicals can be more useful for short term retailers but still Fundamentals cant be ignored if u are serious in this business..

This.

Technical is about short-term fluctuations and seeing some pattern how strong is the "storm".

But market reacts to news and that's why priority always must go to fundamentals. Well, obviously you must have logical and analytical abilities to profit from it.

I think you are better off with fundamental analysis if you want to take larger profits.

IMO, Technical analysis should be preferred while making trading decisions and Fundamental analysis should be preferred while making investment decisions.

Aren't we talking about forex here? Which is more trading, than investment? So that means you are in favor of technical?

Traders, please keep the discussion alive, it is very interesting to listen to different point of views, but it seems that nobody cares..

Aren't we talking about forex here? Which is more trading, than investment? So that means you are in favor of technical?

Traders, please keep the discussion alive, it is very interesting to listen to different point of views, but it seems that nobody cares..

I will definitely use Technical analysis for trading in FOREX and will use Fundamental analysis if I want to make an investment (for more than 12 months) into Equities or Bonds.