Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Savant

EURUSD Discussions

Hi,

Seeing the increase in posts on various currency pairs, we have decided to start generic threads, this one being for EUR/USD.

All items related to EUR/USD should go in here, *unless* there is a specialized topic or question related to EUR/USD.

We will err on the side of caution and assume discussions on the pair should be in this thread.

I hope this will keep the forums clean, discussions coherent and synchronized.

EURUSD - gravestone doji exerting authority this morning

After forming a gravestone doji on 12/19/2012, price has been bouncing between the high of this pattern at R1 and pivot. As long as price remains above pivot, the bulls have the advantage and this is why we saw another challenge of R1 today. However, our gravestone doji exerted authority with this challenge and price is once again testing pivot.

We need a daily close above R1 or below pivot for direction. See chart for pivot and relevant targets.

eurusdanalysisdaily.thumb.png.ac54807a24432d581ce91df8a55953a2.png

EURUSD - dark cloud continuation pattern adding strength to gravestone doji bearishness

Euro price has completed a dark cloud continuation pattern below pivot which is very bearish as this pattern is adding strength to the gravestone doji that caused the bearish reversal to begin with. We need a close below S1 for momentum based on dark cloud to increase towards S2 and beyond. Of course, should we get a close above pivot, then our dark cloud momentum fizzles out and is negated. See chart below for pivot and relevant targets.

This dark cloud has give me reason to remain in my sell on vollatility 101 and giving me the opportunity to tighten my stop. See trade below

eurusdanalysisdaily.thumb.png.b30959065b6e904fab5d8fc6e914c4b5.png

5aa7119b6f118_vollatility101eurusdfloatingtrades.png.46407a68206ed4c11cf0adaac734856b.png

EURUSD - dark cloud continuation pattern negated - bulls are back!

Price negated dark cloud continuation pattern mentioned in previous analysis with the completion of a tall blue candle yesterday that closed in the R1 zone. This is clearly bullish with price now testing R2 at the time of this writing. As long as price remains above pivot, the bulls are in control again. See chart below for pivot and relevant targets.

I entered a buy at the close of tall blue candle on vollatility101 yesterday after taking a loss on a sell. Patterns are powerful but when they fail, their failures are just as powerful because you have a predetermined stop that manages your risk and you have the opportunity to get in in the other direction because a pattern failure is usually a clear indication of change of direction.

My sell was kicked out for a loss on onepipatatime as well; however, I was already in a buy based on an entry point specific to this strategy and this buy is in a great floating profit at the moment. See trades for both strategies below.

eurusdanalysisdaily.thumb.png.e1f06912719564ad5a62397fdb82fb78.png

5aa7119e2ee7a_vollatility101eurusdclosedtrades.png.ed033b6cec287b069f39d9eb80543353.png

5aa7119e320a0_vollatility101eurusdfloatingtrades.png.ed904afebf421f2fe13fd077e31ab6ec.png

5aa7119e34e5a_onepipatatimeeurusdclosedtrades.png.f1a98e77daeb30ba76b95aa0d0d4aac7.png

5aa7119e37dfa_onepipatatimeeurusdfloatingtrades.png.16e6577de00daa585776bae3275c87e6.png

echarts?s=EURUSD%3DX+Interactive#symbol=;range=1d;compare=;indicator=volume;charttype=area;crosshair=on;ohlcvalues=0;logscale=off;source=undefined;

EUR/USD will continue its bounce and it should touch 1.34 if not today then definitely on Saturday even with the absence of any market events or publications that could affect weekend trading. The US economy is still a problem with the unemployment rate and job numbers turning out to be disappointing. Then we have the elephant in the room which is the debt hanging overhead.

The Euro has appreciated as the US dollar fell with the ECB interest rate remaining unchanged at 0.75%. ECB President Mario Draghi was hawkish in his opening remarks at the press conference that drove the Euro upwards.

A market event to watch out for tomorrow afternoon will be the US Core Retail Sales figure which can be monitored on Bloomberg/Reuters. It will be released at 1:30PM GMT and a low figure means that the EUR/USD will appreciate. The opposite is true for a high value since the USD is in the denominator here.

[quotePrice negated dark cloud continuation pattern mentioned in previous analysis with the completion of a tall blue candle yesterday that closed in the R1 zone. This is clearly bullish with price now testing R2 at the time of this writing. As long as price remains above pivot, the bulls are in control again. See chart below for pivot and relevant targets.

IQUOTE]

Price is currently testing the R2 zone illustrated in chart that went with above post. I am attaching chart pic again for refernce purposes. Any pull back at this point can be regarded as a buy opportunity as long as price remains above pivot. Targets still relevant.

eurusdanalysisdaily.thumb.png.214a6926dbbd2cecdd800af72f91484d.png

EURUSD - could dark cause a retracement down towards pivot?

Price completed a dark cloud yesterday against R2. Pivot is still at 1.31412 and as long as price remains above pivot, the bulls have the advantage on the daily chart; therefore, eventhough we see a dark cloud here, it is not an indication of a reversal at this point, but merely an indication of a possible retracement that could take place here towards pivot before we get our next push up. Even if price does trade below pivot, S1 is a weekly pivot which has the potential to also send price up should price make it down there. So, for now the bulls are in the drivers seat but based on dark cloud, there is a strong possibility that we could first see a retracement to the downside before the next push up. See chart below for pivot and relevant targets.

My buy on vollatility101 was taken out for a profit by the dark cloud and with the completion of the dark cloud yesterday, I entered a sell to take advantage of the possible retracement to the downside. See trades below:

On my onepipatatime strategy I am still in my buy and have added a sell based on the dark cloud. See trades below

eurusdanalysisdaily.thumb.png.49fdd1e2c83f5c2dcc3b3a229f89b45e.png

5aa711a2bf04c_vollatility101eurusdclosedtrades.png.bb2e326f2967ed2762276c4513531772.png

5aa711a2c27f5_vollatility101eurusdfloatingtrades.png.36ee7d479e7c16f09cca6047fc161063.png

5aa711a2c60d2_onepipatatimeeurusdfloatingtrades.png.5238f60f61e1a5f6c9b7c3277cd71220.png

Last day, on 15th Jan; the euro has fallen to the level of 1.3250, just a bit above the axis of 1.3241. This level is supposed to provide a support, and now in the American affair the euro bounced aloft this level. This level is a key, so if the euro closes beneath estimated level, the fall in the euro would be secure to the level of 1.30.

Hi Everyone,

For yet another day the Usd pairs remain in flux with no clear direction, still testing strong supports.

Currently our outlook is cautiously Long.Here is our technical outlook for Eur/Usd.

If you take this trade let us know how it worked out for you.

Best

TradeCuts.

5aa711c05e762_eurusd27thfeb.jpg.5fcc327f2e5161724a35bfa86ab78a0f.jpg

The Euro zone stock markets had a rally today; EURO STOXX (FEZ) went up 0.4%, London's FTSE 100 (BCYIF.PK) eased up 0.3% and France's CAC 40 also rose 0.4%.

With the central bank comments and the stimulus program that is ongoing in the EU, one wonders how healthy this is going to be for the Euro. We all know how stimulus programs negatively affect currencies and send stock markets soaring.

This is exactly what is happening in the Euro zone.

EUR/USD DAILY as of Friday, 01 March, 2013

Elliott Waves High Volatility has detected a possible point 4 of a WolfWave (21%) pattern for Euro Dollar / US Dollar. This pattern is an expanding triangle and trades from the next point. When the peak or trough will form, usually after crossing or touching the extended line of points 1 and 3, the price will move in the opposite direction towards the target line formed by the extension of points 2 and 4.

The present wave patterns are:

fast amplitude (8%): bullish wave 1

moderate amplitude (13%): bullish wave 3

Euro Dollar / US Dollar is long term Bullish as the 144 days moving average of 1.31 is increasing. The Relative Strength Index is at 36.23 in the neutral territory. The Relative Momentum Index is at 31.63 in the neutral territory. An important indicator for Elliott waves, the Elliott oscillator is at -0.02, in negative territory; this is a bearish sign. An equally important indicator, the STORSI is at 25.06. This value is in the oversold territory.

Elliott Waves High Volatility has detected an Isolated High at 1.32 one bar ago; this is usually a bearish sign

eur-wave-d.thumb.png.a2d862263d39e1a8bf26ccf304e559ae.png

Just 6 days back on Monday, the EUR/USD pair was making a technical bounce at a support line that signaled an uptrend. It seems to have hit the resistance, but I never expected it to go to as low as 1.3018. The one encouraging sign for bulls is that the exchange rate is well under the near term 30 day moving average. The 1.3500 level could be the long term resistance and this leaves me with a hunch that trading weekly calls on the EUR/USD makes a lot of sense.

Euro Dollar / US Dollar broke below the downside support level of 1.31, 1 day ago. This is a bearish sign. This previous support level of 1.31 may now provide upside resistance. Prices having only declined 0.31% since the breakout, the validity of the breakout is questionable. The most recently confirmed upside resistance level for Euro Dollar / US Dollar is around 1.34. Expect prices to have some difficulty rising above this level. A break above this level would be a bullish sign.

Its going to be an action filled day with the ECB and BOE rate decision due for release later. With that in mind our currency pair for today is the most feared or is it favoured pair, the EUR/USD.

It would be a pleasure to know how your trade turned out. Do let us know.

Best

TradeCuts.

5aa711c629ac0_eurusd7thmar.jpg.917b80033f8a775e57f18f3d3040e000.jpg

Anybody sold EUR/USD on the NFP announcement?

It’s up again and and closed above 1.2980 - a near term support level for me. Actually I made some profits shorting EUR after the NFP release.

It was a pretty wild week indeed.

Anybody sold EUR/USD on the NFP announcement?

It’s up again and and closed above 1.2980 - a near term support level for me. Actually I made some profits shorting EUR after the NFP release.

It was a pretty wild week indeed.

Hello Vinayak:

Congratulations on your successful NFP short.:cheers:

How are you able to get short after the NFP release early enough to make a profit ?

What are you using for a news source that you can get in so early ?

I thought that right after an economic announcement as important as the NFP that it was impossible to get a trade order in because there are so many trades being executed at that time. Please explain.

Thank You

My short term trading points for Monday:

Buy If the price breaks through the level 1.30085, take profit at 1.3022, stop loss at 1.2980

Sell if the price breaks 1.2980, take profit at 1.2923, stop loss at 1.3008

Forget the technicals for Monday as fundamentals will be the main drivers of the prices at Euro, as debt crisis escalates hittting Cyprus deposits.

In the event of a collapse of the Euro & the Dollar how would one stand if long /short?

Forget the technicals for Monday as fundamentals will be the main drivers of the prices at Euro, as debt crisis escalates hittting Cyprus deposits.

well the TA implys just that!

if 1.3700 has been the fair price since 2009 .. and its Now an unfair price (rejectet) .. in terms of to expensive... .. aswell as . the fact that we made LH LL .. before th fair price got tested ....,,,aswell as the selling pressure is higher atm....

its almost obvious that we might test the lows of 1.1900 ... before we go any higher by now

tt.thumb.PNG.08a6434589742471cc2e0faf2988df66.PNG

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Jonh Smith
      I searched in google with keywords best forex robot 2019 and in the end I found fxflightproEA from their website fxflightpro.com . if anyone has ever bought, I was interested in their ea. I saw a very small drawdown, and monthly profit looks great.and I see myfxbook profit reaching 50% in 50 days. if there are buy please review here and I say thank you if anyone would like to share here.

thanks
    • By StraussX
      Hi GUYS, Happy Wednesday!
      I'd like to share daily forex analysis from Followme, hope this information helps your trading.
      Today, Let's focus on AUD and NZD.
      AUDUSD is trading at 0.6761; the instrument is moving below Ichimoku Cloud, thus indicating a descending tendency. The markets could indicate that the price may test the cloud’s downside border at 0.6765 and then resume moving downwards to reach 0.6635. Another signal to confirm further descending movement is the price’s rebounding from the descending channel’s upside border. However, the scenario that implies further decline may be canceled if the price breaks the cloud’s upside border and fixes above 0.6825. In this case, the pair may continue growing towards 0.6905.

NZDUSD is trading at 0.6447; the instrument is moving below Ichimoku Cloud, thus indicating a descending tendency. The markets could indicate that the price may test the cloud’s downside border at 0.6455 and then resume moving downwards to reach 0.6315. Another signal to confirm further descending movement is the price’s rebounding from the resistance level. However, the scenario that implies further decline may be canceled if the price breaks the cloud’s upside border and fixes above 0.6525. In this case, the pair may continue growing towards 0.6645.
    • By Georgebro8
      So I've been 18 for about 4 months, since I turned 18 I started up an account, and basically thought I was doing amazing because of beginners luck, put in some of my savings and managed to do well, some days I would make £200, one day I even made £900, after time I lost my profits and made a loss as well. I've realised I need to spend the time analysing the market and making technical judgments. I'm trying to read more and spend a lot of my time looking at the charts. is there any advice people can give me. and is making 5% a week a realistic goal to set myself? before anyone assumes that im looking for a get rich quick scheme, im certainly not, I see every loss ive made as a lesson and ensure that I learn from each mistake I make. 
      any advice about indicators, strategies, how to analyse the market, or even analysing earning reports would help me.
    • By edakad
      Firebird is an indicator to identify the price spikes in the market. Firebird indicator first calculates a 10-period moving average, then shifts this moving average a certain percentage above and below the 10-period moving average. The shifted averages are drawn on chart as the red and green line. When price touches these lines, price spike is identified. Usually after a price spike, the trend reverses for some time. The indicator can be used to take advantage of this price behaviors. In daily chart usually the 10 period MA is shifted by 2 percent to form the price bands. On lower time frames like Hourly, Four Hour a smaller percentage price shift is used like 0.5% . The important consideration here is most of the price bars must be contained within the upper and lower bands.
      When price reaches above the upper red band, a sell position is opened. When price reaches the lower green band, buy position is opened. Trades can be managed with proper stop loss and take profit. In the picture, Firebird indicator is attached to daily chart of EUR/USD with 2% shift on MA. Note that almost all price bars are within the price bands. And when price extends beyond these bands, price trend reverses and comes back into the bands.

FireBird.zip
  • Topics

• goodcalculators.com   Profit Calculator - Good Calculators   2 minutes 494668b4c0ef4d25bda4e75c27de2817trueBCSI-AC-c02582709689167bfalseBCSI-ACP-21ab91e8d10cf24cfalseBCSI-CS-5b04408683bfa51afalsePHPSESSIDA unique identifier used to preserve states across pages.false__cfduidUsed by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.false__utmtUsed to throttle the speed of requests to the server.false__utmt_eUsed to throttle the speed of requests to the server.false__utmt_fUsed to throttle the speed of requests to the server.falseactive_template::124911falsecookieconsent_dismissedUsed to track closure of a cookie consent dialog.falseezCMPCookieConsentUsed by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track when a user consents to cookies.falseez_pub_siteUsed by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to only show the site with Ezoic's features enabled. falseez_rdrUsed by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track redirects.falseez_rdr_countUsed by the analytics and personalization company, Ezoic, to track redirectsfalseezovuuid_124911falseezovuuidtime_124911falsefreewheel-detected-bandwidthUsed to check and record how fast your internet connection isfalsesession_depthUsed to track the number of pages you visit in a session on this site.false
    • Every time you post anal. you will have my full support  Love your stuff man!!!! good forex profits everybody
    • Profit calculator Before entering a trade, it makes sense that you would want to know what you stand to gain or lose from it. FXTM’s Profit Calculator is a simple tool that will help you determine a trade’s outcome and decide if it is favorable. You can also set different bid and ask prices and compare the results. How it works: In 4 simple steps, the Profit Calculator will help you determine the potential profit/loss of a trade. Pick the currency pair you wish to trade Choose if you are selling or buying Set the open and close price Select in which currency you would like to see the results Currency pair: Buy or Sell: Open price: Close price: Trade size (lots): Deposit currency: € 90.79024 Main Currencies Instrument Rate CHFJPY 113.090 EURCHF 1.12996 EURGBP 0.88371 EURJPY 127.946 EURUSD 1.13336 GBPCHF 1.27633 GBPJPY 144.670 GBPUSD 1.28048 USDCAD 1.32279 USDCHF 0.99691 USDJPY 112.947 XAGUSD 14.221 XAUUSD 1,222.46 Please Note: The real result of the order is subject to change due to various factors such as the release of news. Different account types employ different table-accordion commissions and swaps and every position a different spread. The Profit Calculator does not take these values into consideration. Therefore, to get an accurate result, these values should be factored in manually. For additional information regarding swaps and table-accordion commissions, please click here. Trading Platforms Overview Trading Tools Overview FXTM Pivot Points Strategy FXTM Trader App Currency Converter MT4 Indicators Forex VPS Trading Trade with FXTM Open Live Account Open Demo Account CFDs are complex instruments and come with a high risk of losing money rapidly due to leverage. 73% of retail investor accounts lose money when trading CFDs with this provider. You should consider whether you understand how CFDs work and whether you can afford to take the high risk of losing your money.
    • ANALAYST 75..LIKE A PLAGUE.. hird plague pandemic From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia     Jump to navigation Jump to search For another third round of a pandemic, see Third cholera pandemic.   Plague patient being injected by a doctor 1897 in Karachi.   Picture of Manchurian plague victims in 1910–1911 Third Pandemic is the designation of a major bubonic plague pandemic that began in Yunnan province in China in 1855, fifth year of the Xianfeng Emperor of the Qing dynasty.[1] This episode of bubonic plague spread to all inhabited continents, and ultimately more than 12 million people died in India and China, with about 10 million killed in India alone.[2] According to the World Health Organization, the pandemic was considered active until 1960, when worldwide casualties dropped to 200 per year.[3] The name refers to this pandemic being the third major bubonic plague outbreak to affect European society. The first was the Plague of Justinian, which ravaged the Byzantine Empire and surrounding areas in 541 and 542. The second was the Black Death, which killed at least one third of Europe's population in a series of expanding waves of infection from 1346 to 1353.[4] Casualty patterns indicate that waves of this late-19th-century/early-20th-century pandemic may have been from two different sources. The first was primarily bubonic and was carried around the world through ocean-going trade, through transporting infected persons, rats, and cargoes harboring fleas. The second, more virulent strain, was primarily pneumonic in character with a strong person-to-person contagion. This strain was largely confined to Asia, in particular Manchuria and Mongolia. Contents 1 Pattern of the pandemic 1.1 Origin in Yunnan Province of China 1.2 Political impact in colonial India 1.3 Global distribution 1.4 The 1894 Hong Kong plague 2 Disease research 3 See also 4 References 5 Further reading 6 External links Pattern of the pandemic The bubonic plague was endemic in populations of infected ground rodents in central Asia, and was a known cause of death among migrant and established human populations in that region for centuries. An influx of new people due to political conflicts and global trade led to the distribution of this disease throughout the world. Origin in Yunnan Province of China A natural reservoir or nidus for plague is located in western Yunnan and is an ongoing health risk today. The third pandemic of plague originated in this area after a rapid influx of Han Chinese to exploit the demand for minerals, primarily copper, in the latter half of the nineteenth century.[5] By 1850, the population had exploded to over 7 million people. Increasing transportation throughout the region brought people in contact with plague-infected fleas, the primary vector between the yellow-breasted rat (Rattus flavipectus) and humans. People brought the fleas and rats back into growing urban areas, where small outbreaks sometimes reached epidemic proportions. The plague spread further after disputes between Han Chinese and Hui Muslim miners in the early 1850s erupted into a violent uprising known as the Panthay rebellion, which led to further displacements (troop movements and refugee migrations). The outbreak of the plague helped recruit people into the Taiping Rebellion. In the latter half of the nineteenth century the plague began to appear in Guangxi and Guangdong provinces, Hainan Island, and later the Pearl River delta including Canton and Hong Kong. While William McNeil and others thought that the plague was brought from the interior to the coastal regions by troops returning from battles against the Muslim rebels, Benedict suggests that the evidence favors the growing and lucrative opium trade that began after about 1840.[5] In the city of Canton, beginning in March 1894, the disease killed 60,000 people in a few weeks. Daily water-traffic with the nearby city of Hong Kong rapidly spread the plague. Within two months, after 100,000 deaths, the death rates dropped below epidemic rates, although the disease continued to be endemic in Hong Kong until 1929.[6] Political impact in colonial India   Directions for searchers, Pune plague of 1897 The plague, which was brought from Hong Kong to British India, killed about 10 million in India,[7]it later also killed another 12.5 million in the British colony India in the next following thirty years. Almost all cases were bubonic, with only a very small percentage changing to pneumonic plague. (Orent, p. 185) The disease was initially seen in port cities, beginning with Bombay (now Mumbai), but later emerged in Pune, Kolkata, and Karachi (now in Pakistan). By 1899, the outbreak spread to smaller communities and rural areas in many regions of India. Overall, the impact of plague epidemics was greatest in western and northern India—in the provinces then designated as Bombay, Punjab, and the United Provinces—while eastern and southern India were not as badly affected. The colonial government's measures to control the disease included quarantine, isolation camps, travel restrictions and the exclusion of India's traditional medical practices. Restrictions on the populations of the coastal cities were established by Special Plague Committees with overreaching powers, and enforced by the British military. Indians found these measures culturally intrusive and, in general, repressive and tyrannical. Government strategies of plague control underwent significant changes during 1898–1899. By that time, it was apparent that the use of force in enforcing plague regulations was proving counter-productive and, now that the plague had spread to rural areas, enforcement in larger geographic areas would be impossible. At this time, British health officials began to press for widespread vaccination using Waldemar Haffkine’s plague vaccine, although the government stressed that inoculation was not compulsory. British authorities also authorized the inclusion of practitioners of indigenous systems of medicine into plague prevention programs. Repressive government actions to control the plague led the Pune nationalists to criticise the government publicly. On 22 June 1897, the Chapekar brothers, young Pune Hindus, shot and killed Walter Charles Rand, an Indian Civil Services officer acting as Pune Special Plague Committee chairman, and his military escort, Lieutenant Ayerst. The action of the Chapekars was seen as terrorism.[8] The government also found the nationalist press guilty of incitement. Independence activist Bal Gangadhar Tilak was charged with sedition for his writings as editor of the Kesari newspaper. He was sentenced to eighteen months rigorous imprisonment. Public reaction to the health measures enacted by the British Indian state ultimately revealed the political constraints of medical intervention in the country. These experiences were formative in the development of India's modern public health services.[citation needed] Global distribution The network of global shipping ensured the widespread distribution of the disease over the next few decades.[9][10][11] Recorded outbreaks include: Pakhoi, China 1882. Canton, China 1894. Hong Kong 1894. Taiwan, Japan 1896 (until 1923 Great Kantō earthquake). Jeddah, 1896. Mecca, 1898. Medina, 1898.[12] Bombay Presidency, India 1896–1898. Calcutta, India 1898. Madagascar, 1898. Kobe, 1898. San Francisco, 1899. Egypt, 1899. Manchuria, China 1899. Paraguay, 1899. South Africa, 1899–1902. Republic of Hawaii, 1899.[13][14] Glasgow, United Kingdom, 1900.[15] San Francisco, United States, 1900.[16][17][18] Manila, 1900. Australia, 1900–1905. Russian Empire/Soviet Union, 1900–1927. Fukien Province, China 1901. Siam, 1904. Burma, 1905. Tunisia, 1907. Trinidad, Venezuela, Peru and Ecuador, 1908. Bolivia and Brazil, 1908. Cuba and Puerto Rico, 1912. Each of these areas, as well as Great Britain, France, and other areas of Europe, continued to experience plague outbreaks and casualties until the 1960s. The last significant outbreak of plague associated with the pandemic occurred in Peru and Argentina in 1945. The 1894 Hong Kong plague The 1894 Hong Kong plague was a major outbreak of the third pandemic in the world from the late 19th century to the early 20th century. In May 1894, the first case occurred in Hong Kong. The patient was a national hospital clerk and was discovered by Dr. Yu Xun, the dean of the National Hospital, who had just returned from Guangzhou. When the Chinese-style buildings were built, the Taiping Mountain area in Sheung Wan, the most densely populated area in Hong Kong, became the hardest hit area of the epidemic. Controlling the epidemic naturally became the top priority of the Governor of Hong Kong. From May to October 1894, the plague in Hong Kong killed more than 2,000 people and one-third of the population fled Hong Kong. In the 30 years after 1926, the plague occurred in Hong Kong almost every year, killing more than 20,000 people. Through the maritime traffic in Hong Kong, the plague epidemic originating in Yunnan, China, spread to all parts of the country after 1894 and eventually spread to all continents where humans live.[citation needed] There were several reasons for the rapid outbreak and rapid spread of the plague. First, in the early days of Kailuan, Sheung Wan was a Chinese settlement. It is located in the mountains. The design of the houses there included no drainage channels, toilets or running water. Intensive buildings and a lack of floor tiles were also weaknesses in housing design at the time. Secondly, during the Ching Ming Festival in 1894, many Chinese living in Hong Kong returned to the countryside to sweep the graves, which coincided with the outbreak of the epidemic in Guangzhou and the introduction of bacteria into Hong Kong. In addition, in the first four months of 1894, rainfall decreased and soil dried up, accelerating the spread of the plague.[19] The measures[which?] mainly included three aspects: setting up plague hospitals and deploying medical staff to treat and isolate plague patients; conducting house-to-house search operations, discovering and transferring plague patients, and cleaning and disinfecting infected houses and areas; and setting up designated cemeteries and assigning a person responsible for transporting and burying the plague dead.[20] Disease research Researchers working in Asia during the "Third Pandemic" identified plague vectors and the plague bacillus. In 1894, in Hong Kong, Swiss-born French bacteriologist Alexandre Yersin isolated the responsible bacterium (Yersinia pestis, named for Yersin) and determined the common mode of transmission. His discoveries led in time to modern treatment methods, including insecticides, the use of antibiotics and eventually plague vaccines. In 1898, French researcher Paul-Louis Simond demonstrated the role of fleas as a vector. The disease is caused by a bacterium usually transmitted by the bite of fleas from an infected host, often a black rat. The bacteria are transferred from the blood of infected rats to the rat flea (Xenopsylla cheopsis). The bacillus multiplies in the stomach of the flea, blocking it. When the flea next bites a mammal, the consumed blood is regurgitated along with the bacillus into the bloodstream of the bitten animal. Any serious outbreak of plague in humans is preceded by an outbreak in the rodent population. During the outbreak, infected fleas that have lost their normal rodent hosts seek other sources of blood. The British colonial government in India pressed medical researcher Waldemar Haffkine to develop a plague vaccine. After three months of persistent work with a limited staff, a form for human trials was ready. On January 10, 1897 Haffkine tested it on himself. After the initial test was reported to the authorities, volunteers at the Byculla jail were used in a control test, all inoculated prisoners survived the epidemics, while seven inmates of the control group died. By the turn of the century, the number of inoculees in India alone reached four million. Haffkine was appointed the Director of the Plague Laboratory (now called Haffkine Institute) in Bombay.[21] See also Timeline of plague Great Plague of London (1665) References   Cohn, Samuel K. (2003). The Black Death Transformed: Disease and Culture in Early Renaissance Europe. A Hodder Arnold. p. 336. ISBN 0-340-70646-5.   Infectious Diseases: Plague Through History, sciencemag.org   ListVerse.com (2009). The Ultimate Book of Top Ten Lists: A Mind-Boggling Collection of Fun, Fascinating and Bizarre Facts on Movies, Music, Sports, Crime, Ce. Ulysses Press. ISBN 978-1569758007.   Nicholas Wade (October 31, 2010). "Europe's Plagues Came From China, Study Finds". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-11-01. The great waves of plague that twice devastated Europe and changed the course of history had their origins in China, a team of medical geneticists reported Sunday, as did a third plague outbreak that struck less harmfully in the 19th century.   Benedict, Carol (1996). Bubonic plague in eighteenth-century China. Stanford, CA: Stanford Univ. Press. pp. 47, 70. ISBN 978-0804726610.   Pryor, E.G. (1975). "The Great Plague of Hong Kong". Journal of the Hong Kong Branch of the Royal Asiatic Society: 69.   Infectious Diseases: Plague Through History, sciencemag.org   Zaman, Rashed Uz (2013). "Bengal terrorism and the ambiguity of the Bengali Muslims". In Jussi H. Nhimaki; Bernhard Blemenau; Jussi Hanhim Ki (eds.). An International History of Terrorism: Western and Non-western Experiences. Routledge. p. 152. ISBN 978-0415635400.   Low, Bruce (1899). "Report upon the Progress and Diffusion of Bubonic Plague from 1879 to 1898". Reports of the Medical Officer of the Privy Council and bill gates is a disgusting filthy murdering jew cuntocal Government Board, Annual Report, 1898–99. London: Darling & Son, Ltd. on behalf of His Majesty's Stationery Office: 199–258. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   Low, Bruce (1902). "Summary of the Progress and Diffusion of the Plague in 1900". Reports of the Medical Officer of the Privy Council and Local Government Board, Annual Report, 1900–01. London: Darling & Son, Ltd. on behalf of His Majesty's Stationery Office: 264–282. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   Eager, J.M. (1908). "The Present Pandemic of Plague". Public Health Bulletin. Washington: Government Printing Office: 436–443. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   Welford, Mark (9 April 2018). "6". Geographies of Plague Pandemics: The Spatial-Temporal Behavior of Plague to the Modern Day. Routledge. ISBN 978-1315307411.   "Honolulu's Battle with Bubonic Plague". Hawaiian Almanac and Annual. Honolulu: Thos. G. Thrum, Hawaiian Gazette Co.: 97–105 1900. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   https://scholarsbank.uoregon.edu/xmlui/bitstream/handle/1794/7694/Bailey_Kevin_thesis2007.pdf?sequence=1   MacDonald, Kenneth (2 January 2019). "Rats 'wrongly blamed' for 1900 Glasgow plague outbreak". BBC News. Retrieved 2 January 2019.   "On The Plague In San Francisco". Journal of the American Medical Association. Chicago: The American Medical Association. 36 (15): 1042. April 13, 1901. doi:10.1001/jama.1901.52470150038003. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   "The Plague, "American Medicine," And The "Philadelphia Medical Journal."". Occidental Medical Times. San Francisco. 15: 171–179. 1901. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   "Bubonic Plague At San Francisco, Cal". Annual Report of the Supervising Surgeon General of the Marine Hospital Service of the United States for the Fiscal Year 1901. Washington: Government Printing Office: 491–. 1901. Retrieved 17 October 2010.   "1894上環大鼠疫". elearning.qcobass.edu.hk. Retrieved 2019-03-06.   楊, 祥銀 (2010). "公共衛生與1894年香港鼠疫研究". 華中師範大學學報. 49: 68–75.   Hanhart, Joel (2016). Waldemar Mordekhaï Haffkine (1860–1930). Biographie intellectuelle. Paris: Honore Champion. Further reading Media related to Plague, third pandemic at Wikimedia Commons Advisory Committee for Plague Investigations in India (1911), Report On Plague Investigations In India, 1906–1910 Hazrat Mirza Ghulam Ahmad, The Promised Messiah. Noah’s Ark: An Invitation to Faith. Gandhi, M. K. The Plague Panic in South Africa Gregg, Charles. Plague: An Ancients Disease in the Twentieth Century. Albuquerque, University of New Mexico Press, 1985. Kelly, John. The Great Mortality: An Intimate History of the Black Death, the Most Devastating Plague of All Time. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2005. ISBN 0-06-000692-7. McNeill, William H. Plagues and People. New York: Anchor Books, 1976. ISBN 0-385-12122-9. Orent, Wendy. Plague: The Mysterious Past and Terrifying Future of the World's Most Dangerous Disease. New York: Free Press, 2004. ISBN 0-7432-3685-8. External links
    • THIS IS MUCH BETTER. I THOIUGHT IT WAS CLEAR CONSICE one of the best articles you've ever ...crazycarcrash will love this post. Just one suggestion.. Always add..'you need to make good risk management systems and disciplines.' (I;m paraphrasing his lousy english) This fattens out the contribution to match crazy's incredible prolific insight in good forex priofits.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.