Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Savant

EURUSD Discussions

Some Important past big decisions on this pair...

September 03, 06:21 AM – Morgan Stanley adjusted stop from 1.32 to 1.317 on its EUR/USD Short (Short-Term)

September 05, 01:42 AM – Danske placed an active limit order to Short EUR/USD at 1.2972, with a target at 1.2788 and a stop at 1.3045 (Short-Term)

September 05, 03:47 AM – Credit Suisse placed an active limit order to Short EUR/USD at 1.301, with a target at 1.279 and a stop at 1.307 (Short-Term)

September 05, 05:02 AM – Morgan Stanley placed an active limit order to Short EUR/USD at 1.304, with a target at 1.25 and a stop at 1.314 (Short-Term)

September 08, 01:58 PM – Citi entered EUR/USD Short at 1.2908, with a target at 1.22 and a stop at 1.32 (Medium-Term)

September 09, 06:00 PM – Citi entered EUR/USD Short at 1.2889, with a target at 1.22 and a stop at 1.32 (Long-Term)

September 10, 05:28 AM – Danske hit profit-stop on its EUR/USD Short circa 1.2961 (Short-Term) at a profit of +11 pips

September 11, --:-- AM - Forex Intel: Short-term Bullish US Dollar Positions Cancelled Against A Potential Longer-Term Fundamental Adverse Development.

Euro still have bullish settup and current hesitation marks the last major bullish technicality before 1,26 lows. As long as Euro maintains current lows, looks like Euro and Pound will go separate ways, which makes EUR/GBP cross an interesting medium term buy oportunity (for 0,86 and higher).

Short term trend is neutral but i think the overall picture remains negative.A decisive fall below the 1.2860 in the near future to make way for the main support zone of 1.2760.

eurusd.thumb.jpg.d57d6970309bfadc31a317a50b495ff0.jpg

We are still in range and the bearish trend still stands price will be facing 1.2800 the strong support bt still i think it will get broken in some time if not sooner...

Edited by Ammeo

EURUSD which is making me so happy I cant believe it's not butter. This pair has been on a slippery slope for the past 2-3 weeks and has finally found some support around our entry of 1.296...exactly where I thought it would seeing as how this is the 61.8% retracement level on the weekly chart and historical support going back to 2013 and 2012. For this pair I see small buying at first to shake up the shorts and get them to offer up more EUROs at lower prices just so the big boys can come in and carry the price right back to our 1.32-1.33 range. From there I'm looking for my target at 1.37 to be hit.

Some updates on major bank trades..

September 23, 03:37 AM – Credit Suisse's limit order to Short EUR/USD (Short-Term) got canceled

September 23, 03:40 AM – Credit Suisse placed a limit order to Long EUR/USD at 1.28, with a target at 1.299 and a stop at 1.2755 (Short-Term)

September 23, 05:57 AM – Morgan Stanley adjusted stop from 1.295 to 1.29 on its EUR/USD Short (Short-Term)

September 23, 07:59 AM – Morgan Stanley's EUR/USD Short closed at 1.29 (Short-Term) 0 pips

September 25, 02:20 AM – Credit Suisse stopped out of its EUR/USD Long circa 1.2755 (Short-Term) for a loss of -45 pips

September 25, 04:40 AM – Credit Suisse entered EUR/USD Short from 1.2745 (Short-Term)

September 25, 06:37 AM – Morgan Stanley adjusted entry from 1.306 to 1.28, adjusted stop from 1.316 to 1.29, adjusted target from 1.25 to 1.24 on its limit order to Short EUR/USD (Short-Term)

EUR/USD formed an inverted hammer candlestick in the four hour filter chart and headed up. Considering that there's also very strong support in the 1.2660-1.2700 zone. Anyone think it'll go up from here??

NFP shows good employment data and unemployment rate dropped below feds target rate of 6.0%... this is good news for that rate hike... since both of these are important to the fed.

Thats gr8 for the USD...

EURUSD which is making me so happy I cant believe it's not butter. This pair has been on a slippery slope for the past 2-3 weeks and has finally found some support around our entry of 1.296...exactly where I thought it would seeing as how this is the 61.8% retracement level on the weekly chart and historical support going back to 2013 and 2012. For this pair I see small buying at first to shake up the shorts and get them to offer up more EUROs at lower prices just so the big boys can come in and carry the price right back to our 1.32-1.33 range. From there I'm looking for my target at 1.37 to be hit...Now that's swing trading at its finest if this works out. as of now this all looks like it could work out. In a weekly chart and daily chart give you a closer look at the situation.

Twitter: @iam_kevdidit

StockTwits: @lord_of_trading

Blog: iamkevdidit.blogspot com :2c:

Dollar has been lower this week with the market discounting what appears to be a weaker global growth. I think the FED will start to pull USD back against the main currencies, or the damage will be big for them.

Until 1.2690 - 1.2700 is convincingly broken to the downside this is still a breakout retest for the bulls and probably being viewed as a good buying opportunity by many, just saying bears beware.

The sharp drop in the EURUSD was finally interrupted this past week. From an early week low around 1.2500, the euro rallied to 1.2790 before settling back toward the middle of the weekly range, and closing at 1.2626. Considering the hefty presence of speculative shorts in this market, the latest COT report issued Friday afternoon showed specs to be short almost 200K contracts of futures and delta adjusted options, it is perplexing the rally was so feeble. Unless you consider the bleak EU economic forecasts.

The sharp drop in the EURUSD was finally interrupted this past week. From an early week low around 1.2500, the euro rallied to 1.2790 before settling back toward the middle of the weekly range, and closing at 1.2626. Considering the hefty presence of speculative shorts in this market, the latest COT report issued Friday afternoon showed specs to be short almost 200K contracts of futures and delta adjusted options, it is perplexing the rally was so feeble. Unless you consider the bleak EU economic forecasts.

E/U has definitely made a significant bounce from 1.25 and the madness yesterday helped to push it up further. Though the trend may still be down as seen in longer TFs, it may be looking for a correction that could go all the way up to 1.31xx.

I guess now it's just time to wait for price to find its ground, could be around 1.2790 and Daily Pivot @ 1.2782 before it decides to retest and maybe make new HH.

The EUR/USD saw a steep selloff today as rumors circulated in the market that at least 11 banks will likely fail the ECB bank stress test results due this Sunday. The pair drifted all the way to 1.2637 by end of day. However, the decline today could pale in comparison to what could could happen tonight. The worries about the financial sector are overblown as the banks in question are small regional players and are unlikely to have much impact on the European banking system. The much more important factor is economic growth and to that point tonight's flash PMI data will provide the most accurate reading of conditions on the ground. If PMI show a steep decline and more importantly if the data shows that Germany has moved into contraction then EUR/USD could retest its lows at 1.2500

It was a very slow Friday EUR/USD was trading around the support unable to break it. I think we will see a correction with the start of next week price most probably will test 1.2700

Some positive news for Euro..

ECB’s Constancio says bank review results are credible

Bank capital raising to date adds to tests success Bank credit restrictions won't hamper recovery 13 failed banks still to apply structural downsize or come up with plans to cover shortfall.