Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GlassOnion

Last Words of a Trader

I sometimes look at the last words of traders. Unfortunately, most are merely standard conversation, not at all what I would have thought last words would be.

Try it next time you're reading an old thread. When you come across a member who you don't know, click his name and select "View public profile". See when he was last on Traders Laboratory. If it's over a year ago, the chances are he isn't coming back. Select Statistics - "Find all posts by (trader)" and then have at look.

Most people seem to disappear after posting relatively normal unremarkable posts.

I do wonder what happens to them. I like to think that they have discovered their own holy grail of life and are living happily ever after.

Maybe they just get tiered of the the same old conversations that just go round the houses? Especially when half the stuff is just reiterated 'trading for dummies' that one sees everywhere else eg, 2% risk, TA, blah blah blah.....

A wannabe trader either comes to realise it's all crap and becomes a trader, or he learns all this stuff until he can recite it in his sleep, spouts it all over the internet, becomes a guru, but still a wannabe trader.

We are all whatever we want to be.

Not many people seem to say goodbye. It's nice when they do.

If they're a master and say that they're leaving because they don't want to be here anymore, then that's nice because at least we don't find ourselves wondering what happened to them. Sometimes they leave for another board and we can go to that new board to see them. When we do that it's like meeting an old friend.

If they're a novice and have decided that trading is not for them, then it's nice if they say goodbye because we can then wish them all the very best, in the hope that they leave trading to go on to do something that makes them happy.

dont see whats wrong with this. i know a couple of small hedge fund managers that trade nothing but technicals and theyre all successful.

yea same here, I just trade technicals. Only pay attention to catalysts that can overturn any technical.

yea same here, I just trade technicals. Only pay attention to catalysts that can overturn any technical.
I think we are missing the point here - this thread is meant to be a light-hearted laugh at ourselves and others ...

who make statements just before they are wiped out.

... FUN ...

I am surprised that people can not understand a light-hearted thread when they see one.

The issue has nothing to do with whether TA works or does not work - the majority of people on

the forum are committed TA traders.

Last words of a trader: "I have a hunch ... "

Technical Analysis is giving you a huge edge....just think for a second

for all losers that are using it....:2c:

Now that's not funny, Mr_Black!

Now I AM worried!

If we are all losing, then it's because of the TA ... ?

Maybe those supply/demand level traders are correct.

If so, then your quote: "Technical Analysis is giving you a huge edge" puts the joke on us!

That really WOULD be the last words of a trader!

"I am currently looking at another approach ... "

Now that's not funny, Mr_Black!

Now I AM worried!

If we are all losing, then it's because of the TA ... ?

Maybe those supply/demand level traders are correct.

If so, then your quote: "Technical Analysis is giving you a huge edge" puts the joke on us!

That really WOULD be the last words of a trader!

"I am currently looking at another approach ... "

This is the edge in my way of trading .....if you have 90% losing traders and 10% winning.?..?