Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Ingot54

To Arm or to Disarm.

Same with my land... if a trespasser comes, I shoot first, ask questions later.

Patuca, man, lord have mercy… I hope you are just ‘pushing buttons’ … if not please take a serious look at what you’re saying.

In contrast -

…at our house in town, an intruder would need to get past the dogs and be truly threatening me or my family before I pull the trigger...

… out at the farm, an ‘ intruder’ could feel free to walk about, even with his or her guns… outdoors he would, in essence, even get the first shot … (but 'intruding' indoors out in the country - he'd better clearly be unarmed... and most potential intruders already 'know' this, btw)

I also believe similar positions are much more representative of the pro gun people than are the ‘shoot first’ attitudes

The gun owner will face no charge. He did nothing wrong except endangering the world.

MM here we go again… “endangering the world”

We all take risks in having ‘protective’ things around that can be misused (even criminally) and are actually as or even more dangerous than improperly secured weapons.

Fire extinguishers can be used by one kid to accidentally kill another kid as readily as a gun.

We use bug spray and herbicides when every squirt can trigger cancer in selves and kids..

We use cleaning chemicals. Accumulated exposure = liver, hormonal, and brain damage to selves and families.

We use knives 18 inches from the jugular, much closer to the ulnars, etc. - they are typically stored just one chair climb from the small children, etc.

We have guns lying around that could be stolen and misused (or magically go off).

We drive, when ANYONE IN ANY CAPACITY, (not just the drunks or car thief) could be the one who ‘crosses over the double line’ into your face.

We go to the doctor… which ‘accidentally’ injures and kills multiples and multiples more people than do guns

Negligence with any of these objects or substances is Negligence. They all ‘endanger the world’.

We don’t need any more special or specialized laws to handle any of these risks and liabilities… unless that is, to you, 'gun control' really is more about control than it is guns.

MM, I joked yesterday about being glad you didn’t have a gun.

Personally, even if you keep spouting your positions, I would sleep better at night if you had a gun ‘under your pillow’ to protect yourself and your family … just in case. If the unthinkable happens you are currently limited to the power of a chihuahua, symbolically, when you could with a modicum of ‘responsibility’ avail to yourself the power of a mastiff.

increased options ... risks / "learns his lesson" (nice mainstream press scripting)...more responsibilities... rewards

or

decreased options ... equivalent or incredibly worse risks ... abdication of responsibilities ... slim chance of 'rewards'

Right now in your present state (of risks), you are, in effect, choosing a perp’s safety over that of yourself and family. From your posts I am gathering that if you survived such an event, but members of your family didn’t , you ostensibly would eternally blame yourself more than you would the perp.(:haha: no issues in there !) Keep burping the concerned little old lady crap up here on TL if you need – but, friend to friend - for god’s sake, man up and get your family a gun (with seven(teen) bullets in it.)

Patuca, you are an eloquent writer so Im not picking an argument, ok? But...do you realize that if your statement were shown on TV that youd shoot a trespasser and ask questions later, we'd have 99% of our gun rights revoked within a year.
i didn't say that re-read my post. matrix is the one that said that..i was responding to his post.:(

Patuca, man, lord have mercy… I hope you are just ‘pushing buttons’ … if not please take a serious look at what you’re saying.

In contrast -

…at our house in town, an intruder would need to get past the dogs and be truly threatening me or my family before I pull the trigger...

… out at the farm, an ‘ intruder’ could feel free to walk about, even with his or her guns… outdoors he would, in essence, even get the first shot … (but 'intruding' indoors out in the country - he'd better clearly be unarmed... and most potential intruders already 'know' this, btw)

I also believe similar positions are much more representative of the pro gun people than are the ‘shoot first’ attitudes

why do people think i made that post? i didn't. matrix made the post. i argued against doing such a thing. re-read the posts please.:(

MM here we go again… “endangering the world”

We all take risks in having ‘protective’ things around that can be misused (even criminally) and are actually as or even more dangerous than improperly secured weapons.

Fire extinguishers can be used by one kid to accidentally kill another kid as readily as a gun.

We use bug spray and herbicides when every squirt can trigger cancer in selves and kids..

We use cleaning chemicals. Accumulated exposure = liver, hormonal, and brain damage to selves and families.

We use knives 18 inches from the jugular, much closer to the ulnars, etc. - they are typically stored just one chair climb from the small children, etc.

We have guns lying around that could be stolen and misused (or magically go off).

We drive, when ANYONE IN ANY CAPACITY, (not just the drunks or car thief) could be the one who ‘crosses over the double line’ into your face.

We go to the doctor… which ‘accidentally’ injures and kills multiples and multiples more people than do guns

Negligence with any of these objects or substances is Negligence. They all ‘endanger the world’.

We don’t need any more special or specialized laws to handle any of these risks and liabilities… unless that is, to you, 'gun control' really is more about control than it is guns.

Pesticides and herbicides, cars, hammers, steak knives, and guns? Do they really all belong in the same group?

Find me a story of someone shooting herbicide across the room and killing someone.

Show me an article where innocent bystanders where killed by a car driving by with steak kniives or pesticides.

Show me an article of 3 gun shows where 5 people were shot by people who were supposed to know how to handle guns but were unable to handle them properly.

Fear is a horrible thing. It makes you say and do things that you normally wouldn't

Right now in your present state (of risks), you are, in effect, choosing a perp’s safety over that of yourself and family. From your posts I am gathering that if you survived such an event, but members of your family didn’t , you ostensibly would eternally blame yourself more than you would the perp.(:haha: no issues in there !) Keep burping the concerned little old lady crap up here on TL if you need – but, friend to friend - for god’s sake, man up and get your family a gun (with seven(teen) bullets in it.)

Even with a weapon, your home is not safe. If someone came in and you grabbed your gun and he grabbed your child and put a knife to your child's neck and told you to drop the gun, Should I ask what you would do?

why do people think i made that post? i didn't. matrix made the post. i argued against doing such a thing. re-read the posts please.:(

Patuca, 'they' lied / misconstrued / mis - attrib'd often enough to make it 'true' ... and in this case it only took one round of not keeping up with each page in this crazy thread and one round of misquoting for me to get sucked up in this awful mis - attrib. Please accept my apologies.

You need to contact your public relations director. Your posts have given the impression to others that you are insane too. You need to portray the kinder, gentler, Patuca.

Patuca for President!

Same with my land... if a trespasser comes, I shoot first, ask questions later.

errata!

Smmatrix, man, lord have mercy… I hope you are just ‘pushing buttons’ … if not please take a serious look at what you’re saying.

In contrast -

15-Year-Old Girl Shot And Killed In Kenwood Neighborhood Park « CBS Chicago

A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.

CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.

A teenage girl–an honor student who had just performed at President Obama’s inaugural–was gunned down Tuesday afternoon in the Kenwood neighborhood, just blocks from the high school she attended.

CBS 2’s Mike Parker reports the victim, 15-year-old Hadiya Pendleton, was taking shelter from the rain with a group of 10 to 12 teenagers under a canopy in Vivian Gordon Harsh Park on the 4500 block of South Oakenwald Avenue around 2:30 p.m., when someone jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire.

Tragic! Illegal hand guns.

It brings your mind to that area of having to figure out how to deal with losing a child to a senseless act.

Ah … I was wondering how long it would take for you to finally get on board with using the poor, city black kids (who are not so close to home) who get shot. Hypocritical… as I posted some time back it didn’t matter until you ‘needed’ it...but… anyways you guys work it hard now… better late than ever…

In this sad case - as with all the cases “The problem with gun violence is not the gun part. It's the violence part.”

So I join in a new demand. “I DEMAND A LAW AGAINST PEOPLE WHO NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH GUNS BEFORE TO STOP ACTING LIKE THEY CARE NOW”. I cnn't ever match the hypocritical ridiculousness - but I can sure try.

… had the teenage boy , who is maybe one of the gangsters, died instead of her, you and the press couldn’t and certainly wouldn’t work it so hard... had no (legel or illegal - doesn't matter) gun been available to the perp and he ran up and did a 3 second baseball bat head bashing murder before running off THIS EVENT WOULD NOT MATTER ONE BIT TO YOU GUN GRABBERS OR TO THE MEDIA!

Also, as conspiracy theorists you guys suck… it was Jack Ruby who jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire… connect the dots… she maybe saw or heard or did something at the inauguration that she shouldn’t have.

Related story at

Blog: Liberal Dilemma: When Gun Rights Meet Victim Groups

Also, as conspiracy theorists you guys suck… it was Jack Ruby who jumped a fence, ran up to them, and opened fire… connect the dots… she maybe saw or heard or did something at the inauguration that she shouldn’t have.

Ha ha, you creative bastard. Maybe she shot JR Ewing too.

Ah … I was wondering how long it would take for you to finally get on board with using the poor, city black kids (who are not so close to home) who get

Will you say the same after the next tragedy?

That reasonable people who didn't want people unnecessarily killed last week, last month, last year, last decade are now suddenly upset.

It is not people suddenly realizing something, anything needs to be done. It is that more people are actually speaking out, against the gun nutz, that something, anything needs to be done.

Even with a weapon, your home is not safe. If someone came in and you grabbed your gun and he grabbed your child and put a knife to your child's neck and told you to drop the gun, Should I ask what you would do?
i would shoot the bastard right thru the eyeball which would be a clear shot as he would be looking at me around her. of course you have to be a crack shot to do this but it is certainly doable.

Patuca, 'they' lied / misconstrued / mis - attrib'd often enough to make it 'true' ... and in this case it only took one round of not keeping up with each page in this crazy thread and one round of misquoting for me to get sucked up in this awful mis - attrib. Please accept my apologies.
accepted. things can get twisted sometimes

You need to contact your public relations director. Your posts have given the impression to others that you are insane too. You need to portray the kinder, gentler, Patuca.

Patuca for President!

well i may be a wee bit off my rocker but people ought not to misquote me. at least not on purpose. if a mistake well... sometimes that happens..just setting the record straight.

Will you say the same after the next tragedy?

That reasonable people who didn't want people unnecessarily killed last week, last month, last year, last decade are now suddenly upset.

It is not people suddenly realizing something, anything needs to be done. It is that more people are actually speaking out, against the gun nutz, that something, anything needs to be done.

re: "next tragedy?" Yes

... and my pain for her family is as deep as anyone's.

"actually speaking out, against the gun nutz" meanwhile it's worth repeating for those who don't understand - it's not the "gun nutz" who are killing people... you're premises are just plain old 'off' - whether they have been generated from "suddenly upset", "sudden realizations" or life long biases. Violent intentions are not thwarted by inaccessibility of guns... just ask the families of all the women killed by sicko mates... just ask a serial killer... just get inside the head of someone in transient criminal insanity... 'gun righters' are FALSE TARGETS.

you're with (or you're sentiments are being used by) those for whom gun control is about control and not about guns...

It's not calloused to question - if she weren’t an honor student… if her band hadn’t gone to the inauguration… if she had been just a normal, dumb black girl…

the media wouldn’t help you pound this at all... the media wouldn't pile on to help the quite vicious “we’re working behind the scenes on gun control.” Obama?s Under the Radar Gun Control Plan |

where the Chicago way improves its false flag techniques – dam they’re good. Scary ain't it!

And dam, you "suddenly upset" and “suddenly realizing” gun grabbers are getting good at crossing up the variables and premises / getting sucked in...

Laws are the worst way to change culture – largely because they so rarely have their intended effects. More gun laws ‘in Chicago’ won’t change a dam thing. … they ultimately won’t save one child or adult’s life … may ultimately even end up costing more lives… "A society of sheep begets a government of wolves." -- Bertrand de Jouvenel

Stop being sucked in by the ‘we got to do something – anything! - crowd’ . To that violent perp, the existing laws don’t matter one bit. What makes you think he would react to more, new laws differently?

If you think gang members are going to stop killing peers who cheat and steal from them because more new laws are passed restricting guns – think again.

and btw what if it turns out she wasn't quite so innocent? The 'official' Sandy, etc. stories told are not the real stories ... same here... low information knee jerkn...

but pile on while you can... every time you can... maybe you'll convince someone new that this was really about guns... and they will help you inadvertently further destroy your own world.

it's worth repeating

"The problem with gun violence is not the gun part. It's the violence part.”

zdo.... Laws are the worst way to change culture – largely because they so rarely have their intended effects. More gun laws ‘in Chicago’ won’t change a dam thing. … they ultimately won’t save one child or adult’s life … may ultimately even end up costing more lives…
um it seems you are right. CORRECT in your assessment. it was on the evening news a few minutes ago. chicago has already had 42 murders from guns this year, to date, so it is well on track to possibly even top last years record. chicago, which has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation,...it just doesn't work does it???:doh: Edited by Patuca

ATF Raids Gun Shop Where CT Shooter?s Mother Bought Gun Used in Massacre | Video | TheBlaze.com

30 rifles stolen from this store. Imagine! The case of a law abiding citizen who has a permit to sell firearms acting irresponsibly. He has instruments which can kill and he doesn't even watch the front door. And, for all the NRA loving jackasses, a firearm is very different than a hammer even though a hammer can kill. This so happens to be the store where Nancy Lanza bought her weapon.

Great link, mouse! thx. At first most people including me wont get it and say whats the point? the point is that a guy steals 12 guns and gets probation in CT. Maybe we should all move to Ct because I bet in TX or AZ. the same crime gets this guy 10 yrs. We have no equality in state gun laws. Gun laws should be federally mandated so at least when we protest or open our mouth, we are protesting the same thing! And lawyers dont get rich by getting self defense clients by the boatload who claim "Are you kidding? I couldnt shoot a guy who was doing_________ to me!!!!!?" I never knew that!"

Then the story in Ct gets more insane as the gun store claims it never knew stolen rifles were even missing. This by the way is a great illumination as to how the illegal gun trade works. A licensed seller does a little "side" business and if he gets caught, and weapons are traced back to him, all he has to do is go "Really? I never knew they were missing?"

But mouse this story is normal compared to what happened in Florida last year. The state issued 30,000 concealed weapons permits to convicted felons because of "a computer glitch that went undetected." HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE!? Quick answer.....It is not. Then does anyone want to guess what IS the real answer? Mouse, despt, others, give it a shot. Lets have some fun with this one! :haha:

Has the world really gone insane, or are we the insane one and we are dreaming all of this? :roll eyes:

Ah … I was wondering how long it would take for you to finally get on board with using the poor, city black kids (who are not so close to home) who get shot. Hypocritical… as I posted some time back it didn’t matter until you ‘needed’ it...but… anyways you guys work it hard now… better late than ever…

You made comments eariler in the thread that no one would have cared as much if they were minorities that were shot. Recall? Now you are stating that you were wondering how long it would take to ouse the poor inner city black kids. It seems to me that you are trying to bring race up in the thread and no one else.

In this sad case - as with all the cases “The problem with gun violence is not the gun part. It's the violence part.”

It is the violence part and it is also the gun part. Something has blinded you if you can't see that.

… had the teenage boy , who is maybe one of the gangsters, died instead of her, you and the press couldn’t and certainly wouldn’t work it so hard... had no (legel or illegal - doesn't matter) gun been available to the perp and he ran up and did a 3 second baseball bat head bashing murder before running off THIS EVENT WOULD NOT MATTER ONE BIT TO YOU GUN GRABBERS OR TO THE MEDIA!

If a gang banger was shot and killed no one ( the media) would have cared as much, unless the paper has a gang banger section that they update. It is an unfortunate outcome of the life that a gang banger chooses when he dies. Most end up in prison. If it was a male honor student, then yes the media would have picked up on it. Whether the media would have picked up on it or not, the fact is that the girl was not the intended target of the perp. Such an outcome is incredibly impossible if the perp was using a bat as you propose in the 3 sec beating. She wasn't a gang banger and the perp would have gone after the intended target. She was yet another innocent victim of a society where gun nuts want to be allowed to be irresponsible with the weapons they own or manufacture.

i would shoot the bastard right thru the eyeball which would be a clear shot as he would be looking at me around her. of course you have to be a crack shot to do this but it is certainly doable.

It was given that some yahoo would give this response. Nonsense, utter nonsense. I suppose on the internet, we can say anything we want; Intelligent conversations be damned.

Ask a Navy sniper if they would drop the gun or not and compare the answer to yours.

re: "next tragedy?" ........

"The problem with gun violence is not the gun part. It's the violence part.”

You are too funny except for the part that people are DYING....... and will continue to die as long as this country is swimming in guns and gun nutz like the one down in sweet home Alabama who killed school bus driver and took a 6 yrs old hostage down into his bunker. Yeah a bunker and a $hitpile of weapons. Just your everyday run-of-the-mill crazy loaded with weapons waiting for uncle sam to come get them.

You are also hard to follow. Did you take basic writing skills in school. Seriously.

It was given that some yahoo would give this response. Nonsense, utter nonsense. I suppose on the internet, we can say anything we want; Intelligent conversations be damned.

Ask a Navy sniper if they would drop the gun or not and compare the answer to yours.

These "characters" are so tough, bad-azzes ............ on the net.

:roll eyes: