Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

bobcollett

The Retail Edge

captain Bob where is Mitsubishi? I'm angling for another good knockout fight since the milk sops on the gun control thread are getting me stirred up. mit is being way too quiet.

Dear Patuca

I am investigating your Brooks advice.Thank you.

Just between you and me , I wonder if Brooks really trades .

He refuses to show live trades.

I think Mitsubishi is tired of seeing his posts hijacked.

He has gone back to Japan to buy a bigger moto.

And he'll be back in the new year with a vengence.

Hows the gun running in Belize going?

kind regards

bobc

now captain Bob much more money can be made at trading the intraday and interday trends that longterm.

Theoretically this is certainly true (and with probable lower volatility of returns as well). But in practice . . . ?

As someone pointed out earlier, for some it will be the case, and for others not. Lots of different people participate and turn a profit in different ways.

BlueHorseshoe

Guest OILFXPRO
Having spent 6 years Day Trading and made some lunch money, but seldom enough to buy feed for the race horses, I have arrived at a crossroad. Unless you have worked and trained at a financial institution, you will only make lunch money.

There is to much random noise in the daily moves.

Today price goes up and tomorrow price go down and the retail trader must try and time these movements,using all sorts of methods and indicators.

The ONLY TRUE EDGE the retail trader has is THE LONG TERM TREND .

So to make the big bucks I must find markets that are trending, enter a trade , live through the drawdowns, with BIG stops , and find an Exit point.

How do I do this?

All suggestions welcome

regards

bobc

Hi

Learn to read the charts like a skilled pro , there are many trades in the direction of the major trends , with low stops of 10 to 30 pips , the drawdowns are small .Short term high probability set ups offer consistent profits with low drawdowns .The long term trend does not provide an edge , because most traders lose more money looking for trends and getting chopped out.

Hi

Learn to read the charts like a skilled pro , there are many trades in the direction of the major trends , with low stops of 10 to 30 pips , the drawdowns are small .Short term high probability set ups offer consistent profits with low drawdowns .The long term trend does not provide an edge , because most traders lose more money looking for trends and getting chopped out.

....and yet.................

Hi

other than basic levels, you'll find 'skilled pros dont rely on charts as much as you may think.

if they did, all the internet gurus would be busy trading making stacks, not inflating their egos on web sites.

buy low, sell high, play the probabilities when momentum crops up. dont hesitate. Avoid volatile markets like fx, cl, and most index contracts. learn in slower 'boring' markets