Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

nuno-online

Draw a Descriptive Label for Each Row of Dots in an Indicator Panel

hello

With Easylanguage, I would like to draw a descriptive label for each row of dots in an indicator panel.

It is not an issue drawing the text to the right of the plot using DrawText but there is apparently no parameter to draw it to the left of the row (so that the label is always visible even if I scroll the price chart to the left).

Any good example out there or some sample code that could help me out?

Thanks!

Nuno

hello

With Easylanguage, I would like to draw a descriptive label for each row of dots in an indicator panel.

It is not an issue drawing the text to the right of the plot using DrawText but there is apparently no parameter to draw it to the left of the row (so that the label is always visible even if I scroll the price chart to the left).

Thanks!

Nuno

why are you plastering the forums with the same question?

Sorry,

Tams,

i didn't find an answer for easylanguage

Someone answered for ninjatrader

Perhaps can you help me or give me some sample code that could help me out?

Edited by nuno-online

hello

Thanks!

Nuno

Hi,

Just plot the text to the bar before the one you are currently plotting it to. Then it will be to the left.

There is also something more complicated you can do to "pad" text to reposition it - let me know if you would like an example of this.

BlueHorseshoe

BlueHorseshoe,

Please, can you send me an example to "pad" text to reposition it?

Nuno

Hi,

Sorry - I must have missed your original request for this . . . I had a look and, although it is possible to pad text (in fact, you can just do it by sticking " " in front of the text that you want), essentially it is always going to left-justify against the bar to which it is assigned. In other words, you're probaby not going to get anything better than what you've already got because the 'space' into which you want to justify the text doesn't exist (it's a bit like you're wanting to start writing off beyond the left edge of a piece of paper).

I hope that makes sense and relates to your question?

With these sorts of issues and TS I find it is always best to remember that functionality is more important than appearance.

BlueHorseshoe