Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

januson

Buying Tradestation

Hello

It seems that the majority of people in here are using TS for their needs. I'm curious if anybody know how much Tradestation costs and if this is a good solution for informational purposes for trading the Nordic Exchanges.

I've my own broker, so actually I don't need the tradingmodule in TS.

Any advice are welcome for a tradingplatform where it's possible to use own dataprovider if the vendor doesn't supply the OMX-Nordic Exchange.

NB, I dont like eSignal, I think their usability and user interface looks like something from the 90' :eek:

Kind regards

Janus

Unfortunately, TS has only recently introduced Eurex and Liffe instruments so I don't see them offering other smaller exchanges in the near future. I hear IB is quite good in data feed many exchanges throughout the world. I'm not IB user so I can't comment too much on this. Maybe someone here has some input. Good luck.

januson... you need have ts on one side on the other you need to buy owndata soft to feed ts... and on the other side you need esignal data feed that I belive they have your market covered.... maybe as torero says you can connect IB with owndata and feed TS.... some idea.... cheers Walter.

TS has its own feed, I read from the TS forum with people having a hard time using third party feed. TS2000 was the package for purchase but I don't think they update them with new features like the subscription package (TS 8.2).

Tradestation 8.0 costs $250/ month without broker. eSignal costs as I remember $82/ month

Roughly it totals to $350 in monthly fees - expensive for me :o

Well okay... thank you all, maybe I can afford that in the future. And if I can't then me existence at the market is inadequate imho.

januson : why do you have to trade on your market ? cant you trade usa futures ? you could make it more cheaper, and to be sincere you dont need more than a good candles and volume that comes on any dom actually to get started ... even Mr paul is posting some simple but powerfull prohet.net charts, I dont know if you are following our new volume / candle setups saga... very simple stupid stuff and professional as well.... you would roughfly spend 50 bucks per month... on IB with ib charts 0.... give it another think... TS is wonderfull ( I admit) but its not the only way to trade succesfully.... cheers Walter.

TS is free if u set it up as your brokerage and make a piddly 10 round trips. well, free for the platform.

the data fees are more expensive than IB (ts charges for CME for instance), but for $30 a month, you can have CME, CBOT, PHil etc.

torero->

Sorry but I can't see the $99/ month, could it be when you're using TS as broker?

walterw->

No particular reason for the choice of market, I just thought it would be a good idea to learn the basics in my own region :)

Yes just started looking at prophet.net(thanks to your advice) ;)

dalby->

huh... but I need the OMX - Copenhagen Stock Exchange data so... but the more knowledge I get the more hooked I'm at trading other than the Nordics.

How reliable is the data for multicharts? Recommend it? How about execution and automation integrity?

I've been looking for an alternative to TS. I'm happy with TS except their clearing broker is not as good as other brokers I've seen, especially for forex market (DD!!! Dealing Desk!!!). If this one can do just as good for futures and forex, I may switch.

Since I am not sure what you need from platform, I will suggest you several options:

#1 - IB as data feed + quote Tracker ( $5/month) - simple charting package - no backtesting

#2 - IB as data feed + AmiBroker ( ~$200 or so) - charting and backtesting

#3 - IB as datafeed + MultiCharts ( from [http://www.tssupport.com]) ... I have not tried this package, but it is suppose to be compatible with Tradestation. It should run EasyLanguage code.

#4 - TradeStation 8.2 - with brokarage account is free if you trade 10 round trips on any futures contract ( not sure if TS support Copenhagen Stock Exchange )

Here, I wandered looking for TS-based Market Profile indicator and found it here. Then made this nice place I now call home. How have you been? Still in TS chat room?

Payback time... :)

Hello, just stumpled across this old post, where I was the thread starter. Back in marts 2007 I actually followed the advice for MultiCharts, I downloaded a trial version and bought the application later.

It ran a bit slow in the start, but later TSSUPPORT released a better optimized version and now they've just released version 2.1.999.999, 18 September 2007. This version is very quick I can tell, it calculates indicators in a rush and never chrashes or freezes :roll eyes:

I'm very happy for this product, it suits my needs perfectly and the price was actually ok also. I paid a one time fee for MultiCharts and signed up with eSignal for Nordic OMX Exchange (Copenhagen and Sweden Stock Exchange). The Esignal subscription costs me $115 in monthly fee.

Im just a happy camper... ;)

Payback time... :)

Hello, just stumpled across this old post, where I was the thread starter. Back in marts 2007 I actually followed the advice for MultiCharts, I downloaded a trial version and bought the application later.

It ran a bit slow in the start, but later TSSUPPORT released a better optimized version and now they've just released version 2.1.999.999, 18 September 2007. This version is very quick I can tell, it calculates indicators in a rush and never chrashes or freezes :roll eyes:

I'm very happy for this product, it suits my needs perfectly and the price was actually ok also. I paid a one time fee for MultiCharts and signed up with eSignal for Nordic OMX Exchange (Copenhagen and Sweden Stock Exchange). The Esignal subscription costs me $115 in monthly fee.

Im just a happy camper... ;)

Hey januson have you had any problems running Tradestation indicators in Multicharts? I've read it's 'compatible', but I was wondering if you could give me an idea if you have any custom easy language indicators that have given you any trouble.

Thanks

George

Just go to Think or Swim. I've tried almost every broker out there and they offer the most for the least amount. They also have Think A.I. which is a artificial intelligence program that projects the direction for that day. All of their software is free with a funded account.

Just my 2 cents. I had trade station for awhile. I liked it just okay. But imho to Pricey for data. I am using Ensign Windows. now and am happy check out http://www.dacharts.com. my broker "infinity futures supplies data at no cost. Invester Rt looks good as well.

I also just started to Use Ninja were it is free for charting. as long as you have data. so I am just playing with it.

P.S. Hope it helps. Remember its just a platform and it won't make you trade any better.

The USD remained enigmatic in NY session but Asian session pulled it down indicating weakening USD.

Expect the Dollar to show some weakness in Asian and London session , while NY will decide

the direction.

As for the Pound we are expecting it to bounce up from the 1.5143 to 1.5169 zone.

Overall outlook for the USD pairs remains Weak to Neutral.

5aa711c0ef912_gbpusd28thfeb.jpg.fbd7b31243086a0e32c2964d0ebac93b.jpg