Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

david247

Paid Help for Newbie Forex Investor

I am 27 and planning to invest some savings of about 120k. I chose forex market to invest a part of this .

The aim is to target about 5-10% ( approximately/hoping/dreaming) return monthly. I know I wont make money in all months.

But I want to use a tighter risk management to protect my capital

Help (Paid) I need :

1. Can you help me in developing a strategy for finding people to follow in social trading sites like etoro, zulutarde , currensee, tradency – This can be hourly pay or a profit sharing job .

2. If you offer a managed account or PAMM account I will be interested but I will need verifiable track record

Apart from these If anybody of you have any suggestions /interest to help a newbie investor to make some informed decisions please feel free to drop a note here or emaaail to tbd2562atgmail.com --here at stands for @

I am 27 and planning to invest some savings of about 120k. Apart from these If anybody of you have any suggestions /interest to help a newbie investor to make some informed decisions please feel free to drop a note here

As a start, don't trade forex yet. Sell naked puts and coverd calls first!

MMS

Hey David,

I have posted threads related to Futures and Options and the threads were created from the beginners point of view. You can check out my threads for better understanding of the options and futures.

Happy Learning

I am 27 and planning to invest some savings of about 120k. I chose forex market to invest a part of this .

The aim is to target about 5-10% ( approximately/hoping/dreaming) return monthly. I know I wont make money in all months.

But I want to use a tighter risk management to protect my capital

Help (Paid) I need :

1. Can you help me in developing a strategy for finding people to follow in social trading sites like etoro, zulutarde , currensee, tradency – This can be hourly pay or a profit sharing job .

2. If you offer a managed account or PAMM account I will be interested but I will need verifiable track record

Apart from these If anybody of you have any suggestions /interest to help a newbie investor to make some informed decisions please feel free to drop a note here or emaaail to tbd2562atgmail.com --here at stands for @

Use a demo account, all major forex brokers offer different types of demo accounts. Try to create your own trading strategy and tested, you can also take part in traders contest, it will help you to see how other traders react in real time market conditions.

Unless you are planning on evaporating your 100k dont even open an account until you leqrn to trade.

Meanwhile, if you just die to have the money at risk, get a capital ptotected note or fund or hire a CTA with a proven trackrecord.

If you insist on trading immediately I hope you are not really attached to that money, because untill you learn something the odds are agaisnt you big time.

I can offer no suggestion based on the info you have provided, but can say without a doubt IMO do not use a demo (fantasy) account to learn.

Worse than useless it might instill confidence in yourself without actually earning it the old fashioned way - by doing actual, real trading and/or investing.

do not use a demo (fantasy) account to learn.

So if his ambition was to learn how to juggle chain saws then I assume your advice would be to dive straight in with the chain saws rather than starting with balls or clubs?

So if his ambition was to learn how to juggle chain saws then I assume your advice would be to dive straight in with the chain saws rather than starting with balls or clubs?

So you are saying juggling balls and clubs will prepare someone to juggle someone that might slice their arm off if they make a mistake.

Great analogy. :roll eyes:

Risk is everything in trading. Without having a real risk involved in something, nothing is gained.

Nothing important anyway.

david247,

I’m sure you’re grateful we’re finally getting around to giving you all these high quality advice posts that you need… I’m quite confident it was worth your wait. :)

... hopefully they will at least help you sort out the oxymoronishness of the phrase "Forex Investor"

Re: the "Paid Help for Newbie..." part,

please find invoice enclosed. Terms: net 30

“.... If it doesn't grow, it doesn't compound...”

Great analogy. :roll eyes:

If I wanted to juggle chain saws this is how I would do it

1. Learn with balls

2. Learn with clubs

3. Learn with chain saws without the chain

4. Learn with chain saws that are not started

5. Learn with chain saws that are running

3 is analogous to sim trading

4 is analogous to trading 1 contract with real money

5 is analogous to trading appropriate size with real money

What is wrong with this analogy?

Why is trading different?

If I wanted to juggle chain saws this is how I would do it

1. Learn with balls

2. Learn with clubs

3. Learn with chain saws without the chain

4. Learn with chain saws that are not started

5. Learn with chain saws that are running

3 is analogous to sim trading

4 is analogous to trading 1 contract with real money

5 is analogous to trading appropriate size with real money

What is wrong with this analogy?

Why is trading different?

As I have been saying, risk.

One has risk, the other doesn't.

To learn trading is to understand risk.

To learn risk-taking like anything else you have to do it.

Not pretend and that is what demo does - pretend to take risk.

As I have been saying, risk.

One has risk, the other doesn't.

To learn trading is to understand risk.

To learn risk-taking like anything else you have to do it.

Not pretend and that is what demo does - pretend to take risk.

So you would start at step 4 or 5?

So you would start at step 4 or 5?

I would start with 4 in the trading example.

Minimal risk and build from there.

I couldn't say what a juggler does but until they make the jump to chainsaws it is a an apples to oranges comparison with balls and clubs.

Potential serious injury vs being klunked by a errant ball,

I would start with 4 in the trading example.

Minimal risk and build from there.

I couldn't say what a juggler does but until they make the jump to chainsaws it is a an apples to oranges comparison with balls and clubs.

Potential serious injury vs being klunked by a errant ball,

What step would you start at in the juggling example?

I know the thread is a bit dated but I'm just seeing it now...from an interview with a chainsaw juggler...

You started with plungers and are now juggling chainsaws. What came in between? Take us through the progression.

I only juggled plungers out of necessity because juggling clubs are pretty expensive. Toilet plungers happened to be weighted pretty well for juggling. You just cut a couple inches off of the handles and they work well.

Of course, people wanted to see you do something a little more dangerous so I went to knives. I got the knives from the army surplus store. Then I went to machetes. People liked that. Then I went to hatchets. People were into the hatchets but I had to step up. So I went to torches.

Torches were a part of my act for many years down on the boardwalk. For many years on Venice Beach, people loved watching me juggle torches.

The next step, pretty much was the chainsaws. For a couple years, I juggled one chainsaw with two balls. I had to get a chainsaw in my act, but it took a little bit before I could work my way up to three chainsaws.

Just to learn the chainsaws, I didn't turn them on for a while. I had to learn how to juggle chainsaws for a commercial. I only had 10 days to learn how to juggle chainsaws. Finally, when I first turned on the chainsaw I dropped it immediately. The noise, and the smoke and the fact that it was a saw, I just wasn't ready for it yet. I dropped it.

I was practicing in a public park. Someone must have called the cops on me, they must have said 'There's some crazy guy down here with a chainsaw.'

The cops came over to me and determined I wasn't doing anything illegal. They actually thought it was cool so they watched me and wanted to see me do it. I finally got a few throws in and just kept practicing. Once I got up the nerve to turn it on, I was in good shape.

After 10 days of practicing juggling chainsaws, I found out that they never intended for the chainsaw to be running during the commercial - insurance issues.

Knock on wood, I haven't really hurt myself to a serious degree since I've begun juggling the chainsaws.