Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Jack Francisco

Is There a Strategy Wins 90%

Yes, there is, exit your profitable trades prematurely and your overall winning % will rise, but if your losses on the 10% of losers outweigh the winnings then you'll be back at square one.

There are plenty of approaches that can work for over 90% winrate and are extremely profitable. I've seen live accounts running the same strategy for over a year doing this. (check out myfxbook.com or fxstat.com or zulutrade.com)

These strategies generally fall into two categories:

a) some sort of grid trading that has enormous MAE for a tiny gain.

b) very infrequent trades based on some sort of fundamental drive that ends up building positions

Both of these suffer from unknown price exit points when one is wrong and they compensate for it by extremely small positions with ammunition to spare for scale-ins. One thing they have in common though, is they are usually the most profitable systems on the above mentioned sites. Some absolutely unbelievable.

With kind regards,

MK

By the way, strongly agree that position size management is one of the keys to successful trading. Good traders know when to increase their position size and they know when to decrease their position size.

Yes as that famous song says " you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away...... It is definitely the key of a good trader

I don't think so...

Perhaps, in a day it could be reach 90%. And it's not consistently...

No any strategy that reach 90% consistently..

Take profit 10 pips

Stop loss 90 pips

Thats should just about get you a 90% win rate

You'll lose money, but you'll have the 90% win rate

There are literally thousands of strategies out there with win rates in excess of 90%. Its not difficult to achieve at all

Guest OILFXPRO
As described Title

I want a strategic win at least 90%

And are not an old thought And be simple and easy and uncomplicated

awaited your responses:helloooo:

open a brothel , good strategy . get mods in it

Take profit 10 pips

Stop loss 90 pips

Thats should just about get you a 90% win rate

You'll lose money, but you'll have the 90% win rate

There are literally thousands of strategies out there with win rates in excess of 90%. Its not difficult to achieve at all

Indeed its true - not hard at all. I have explored martingale grids that achieve over 98% wins but it only takes one strong move to wipe you out. To the original poster, %win isn't as important as one may think. Expectancy combined with frequency within your drawdown tolerances is where you should look IMHO.

With kind regards,

MK

Indeed its true - not hard at all. I have explored martingale grids that achieve over 98% wins but it only takes one strong move to wipe you out. To the original poster, %win isn't as important as one may think. Expectancy combined with frequency within your drawdown tolerances is where you should look IMHO.

With kind regards,

MK

I suppose that in an ideal world, what you want to do is operate that strategy on a vast scale with insane leverage, banking your 98% gains along the way, and then have someone bail you out when the one strong adverse move comes along . . .

I'm pretty sure this approach has been used fairly recently, but I can't quite think where . . .

:)

BlueHorseshoe

I suppose that in an ideal world, what you want to do is operate that strategy on a vast scale with insane leverage, banking your 98% gains along the way, and then have someone bail you out when the one strong adverse move comes along . . .

I'm pretty sure this approach has been used fairly recently, but I can't quite think where . . .

BlueHorseshoe

That would be ideal, but in the real world I'd probably just run the system on something like zulutrade or myfxbook and solicit followers until the strategy blows up :haha:

But seriously...if people under leverage themselves you can just add to your positions forever and enjoy a 100% win strategy. However it will probably make less money than a real edge with a small initial risk using leverage in your positions. The original posters wants to be right and not rich.

With kind regards,

MK

BlueHorseshoe

That would be ideal, but in the real world I'd probably just run the system on something like zulutrade or myfxbook and solicit followers until the strategy blows up :haha:

But seriously...if people under leverage themselves you can just add to your positions forever and enjoy a 100% win strategy. However it will probably make less money than a real edge with a small initial risk using leverage in your positions. The original posters wants to be right and not rich.

With kind regards,

MK

The key to using cost averaging and 2x[+] martingale is to have reasonable limits to work within the equity stops and not over optimize the take profit. That is the only way for the speculator on the sell side to get in and out [and back in] timely. If you keep going for the big win on each tradecycle (basket), you will eventually hit stop on a larger trend; you can't have too many of those. Take the smaller [tiny] wins as the market retraces, but do so consistently.

These strategies are only survivable if you are too big to fail.
Those people are likely trading with too much risk.

It is rare that people who implement martingale use complete mechanical systems for the entry detection, entry and exits, which is indeed quite reckless. In addition, they are implementing it in an "all or nothing" approach. How can you be surprised if the "or nothing" comes up at some point?

Edited by 4EverMaAT