Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ValueTrader

Stops or Not to Stop....

TradeRunner... so let me get this straight.. I don't have any complaints on my products so that's somehow questionable?

I got a better idea.. why don't some of you who want to keep making false claims put up some money and I'll produce my real money statements and make you look like the fools that you are.

I'm not responding to any more of this trolling.

DFD

In fairness we don't hear anything from them. Why not start a thread so your customers can critique your products?

I don't have any complaints on my products so that's somehow questionable?

No you didn't understand my meaning. We don't hear from any of your happy customers. Why not direct your customers to a thread about your products so they can sing your praises?

MightyMouse

>>I too have been puzzled by what he meant by trade calls since his "calls" on that >>thread seemed to be win/win calls, meaning If I am wrong I was right and if I am right >>I am right.

Patently false... There are many days where I state I hit my max loss limit. If you had actually read what I posted you'd know this. It is all in that thread. (edit)

>>So "Taking a high risk short" means taking a short but I know it probably won't work. >>Of course, we don't know what was made or lost. So, it's not about the call, it's about >>being right.

I'm providing REAL-TIME ANALYSIS. A high risk short does not mean taking a short that probably won't work. A high risk trade means taking a trade that probably will work or that offers some edge but that requires a larger stop or higher risk of being stopped out. Most trades are going to be risky to some degree.. many will be high risk.

>>I can assure anyone that taking the number of trade calls that appear to be taken will >>lead to lots and lots of losses with the current level of volume and volatility in ES, you >>have just a tiny chance of squeezing out money from ES when you make all those >>trades.

Well that's good to have your assurances over my monthly statements. What are you willing to put up (in risk) for assurances? I have statements for everyday that I made those calls.

It is no wonder there are so many failed traders. I provide real-time calls that are spot on for free nonetheless, a service that most would charge $$$'s for, and nobody likes it. I guess I could post cherry picked trades from the past or complain like everyone else why you can't make money in this market..

Now I remember, this type of negative feedback that I'm getting now is one of the main reasons that I started charging for my materials. Because this has happened before... I'd share my insights for free, stuff that I'd normally charge for, and I might make some minimal request for credit such as a link to my blog. I'd get all kinds of complaints from the free loaders.

Yet, no complaints from the people who buy my stuff! And they actually show some initative. and if you want to know a truth that's just if not more motivating then the money.

A high risk short means that it probably will work but it has the potential of being stopped out quickly?

If it has a chance of being stopped out quickly, it seems to me that the trade could quickly end in a loss. So, if it quickly ends in a loss, how is it a trade that will probably work? Is it that the market is wrong for stopping you out because it should have worked?

Do you see why it is puzzling?

Not trying to beat you up and your statements are of no interest to me and I do understand your need to convey that you are making money.

A high risk short means that it probably will work but it has the potential of being >stopped out quickly?

At no point in my prior reply did I use the word quickly. Where in the hell did you get that?

If it has a chance of being stopped out quickly, it seems to me that the trade could quickly end in a loss. So, if it quickly ends in a loss, how is it a trade that will probably work? Is it that the market is wrong for stopping you out because it should have worked?

Look, I think it is pretty simple.. a higher risk trade is one that either A. requires a larger stop loss or B. has a higher probability that the stop will be hit. I never said anything about how quickly or slowly that you are stopped out and even if I had it doesn't change the probability! Do you think it matters if someone flips a coin fast or slow? As for your whether the market is wrong or right.. I never said anything about that either! That sounds like a personal issue you have.

Not trying to beat you up and your statements are of no interest to me and I do understand your need to convey that you are making money.

I don't need to convey anything. But when I hear people telling me about why the trades I called out couldn't make money... etc when I have statements to back them up then it yeah it kinda riles me..

But I don't care what you believe.. if you want to believe nobody can make money trading futures.. fine. If you want to believe I'm making up calls.. fine.

It is not worth my time to respond to these baseless attacks especially when the attackers don't even read what I write. The End. Enough!

Edited by Predictor

A high risk short means that it probably will work but it has the potential of being >stopped out quickly?

At no point in my prior reply did I use the word quickly. Where in the hell did you get that?

Look, I think it is pretty simple.. a higher risk trade is one that either A. requires a larger stop loss or B. has a higher probability that the stop will be hit. I never said anything about how quickly or slowly that you are stopped out and even if I did it doesn't change the probability! Do you think it matters if someone flips a coin fast or slow? As for your whether the market is wrong or right.. I never said anything about that either! That sounds like a personal issue you have.

I don't need to convey anything. But when I hear people telling me about why the trades I called out couldn't make money... etc when I have statements to back them up then it yeah it kinda riles me..

But I don't care what you believe.. if you want to believe nobody can make money trading futures.. fine. If you want to believe I'm making up calls.. fine.

I added quickly. Here is your quote: " A high risk trade means taking a trade that probably will work or that offers some edge but that requires a larger stop or higher risk of being stopped out".

So, then how does a trade that will probably work have a higher risk of being stopped out? If there is a higher risk of being stopped out it sounds like there is a high risk of the trade ending in loss. If it has a high risk of ending in loss, how can you say it will probably work?

You do feel compelled to talk about your statements. Read your prior post and you will see mention of them.

I have final comment then I am done here.....it seems to me that (quite naturally) people get off on tangents that are perhaps unproductive....

Clearly the guy is interested in selling whatever it is that he produces....thats the reason he's here.....and each "stakeholder" in this equation is likely to have an interest as follows

If I am the site owner, I would like vendors to purchase sponsorships, especially if they are "aggressively" selling their product or service...as this gentleman clearly is doing...

If I am a member here I would like to be able to know whether what he sells is worth considering, and here it seems to me that upon closer investigation, most of what he says is "smoke & mirrors"...for example...he "claims" that all his "trades" are recorded and audited at C2 (a third party)...however when pressed to provide a link to that record, the gentleman demurs;

"As for C2, I said in the "in the past". I hid my C2 records when I went live because I can make a lot more trading then I was renting out my systems. My historical records still exist but are hidden.. no reason to allow others to data mine my trades. As for my real-time records, they exist too and no I'm not going to share them."

Data mining?...give me a break...somethings not right with that....and since many brokers have the capability to produce similar reports on any time frame, its not that the data doesn't exist but more probably that it (his "real" record) simply isn't very good....

Personally I think a smart vendor would simply put it all to rest by using "GoToMeeting" or some similar conferencing software and offering to have folks watch him trade live over a period of say a week to ten days.....I did that myself for my first class and it seemed to provide a nice basis for them to consider how my system worked...

Just one man's opinion....

Edited by steve46