Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Maxwell

What is the Holy Grail to you?

"The Holy Grail"

Most of use have our own definition of the holy grail in trading. Whether it is a strategy, indicator, or system, the holy grail is the key to successful trading. Im curious to know the various answers to this question.

To me its having discpline. Anyone else have an opinion?

"The Holy Grail"

Most of use have our own definition of the holy grail in trading. Whether it is a strategy, indicator, or system, the holy grail is the key to successful trading. Im curious to know the various answers to this question.

To me its having discpline. Anyone else have an opinion?

Discipline is also number one on my list. That and consistency. Its too bad so many traders go looking for a magical indicator that will make them money. A perfect system can be handed to a trader with no discipline and he will lose money.

Hmm.. lots of good rules to trade by here. I guess I would say it is your own personal commitment and willingness to do whatever it takes to maintain your edge, as long as your actions remain consistent with limiting your risk and thus preserving your capital to trade.

Happy Trading :D

The Holy Grail for me is that moment when you KNOW that a company is about to turn the corner, and you have spotted the change in trend before the masses (and completed your investment).

There is no better feeling than being in front of the herd, riding the momentum, and watching the sheep follow. Then the trick is knowing when to jump off and take a profit............never easy.

Well said FTT.. when you are not the lead dog the view never changes and it is an unpleasant one at that! Isn't it interesting that some traders absolutely obsess over entry points while others, who are equally as successful absolutely swear that it is exits that are the key, not entries. I guess that is all part of what makes trading so rewarding when you hit it right consistently.

Happy Trading :D

What's important for me?

Discipline in persisting in below:

I will accept a job I enjoy in it - am good at it - people are looking for my service - I'm of help.

I can enter in a gambling site or whatever, maybe even win a lot, but I found that this make me nervous and I lost all my money there anyway.

It is just a good feeling when you come to the point when your work has some sense to others also.

Hi my first post here.

I think it is having belief in your work, Have a plan and trade the plan. Know where the entry and exits are. Being consistent in your trading and money management. Know the timeframe that you are comfortable in undertaking.

rgds

Zarif

Hi my first post here.

I think it is having belief in your work, Have a plan and trade the plan. Know where the entry and exits are. Being consistent in your trading and money management. Know the timeframe that you are comfortable in undertaking.

rgds

Zarif

Hi zarif,

I agree. Without beleiving in yourself, one will find it hard to even follow his trading plan. You will have days where your setups may not work. But by believing in your methodology you are able to take the next setup. You believe that the probabilities will work in your favor.

"Know thyself" is the holy grail. If you have no clue as to who you are, what your strengths and weaknesses and natural tendencies are, what your true beliefs about money and competition, then trading will present many uncomfortable situations in which the reflection of your true self will be shown.

just keep putting the shoulder down and plowing ahead, detached from outcomes, using these outcomes as knowledge stepping stones; wisdom takes effort and usually more than we want, inorder to be able to sign for the package containing the Holy Grail. Just keep biting the apple with some mojo or the nojo will get ya.

"Know thyself" is the holy grail. If you have no clue as to who you are, what your strengths and weaknesses and natural tendencies are, what your true beliefs about money and competition, then trading will present many uncomfortable situations in which the reflection of your true self will be shown.

Excellent post! The quest for the Holy Grail is no more than journey of self-discovery. Pure and simple. After this, trading systems, strategies, indicators, and markets will all make sense.

FLEXIBILITY:

that's the key to everything in this business. If you can't or won't bend & flow with the markets (whichever instrument base you execute from), you're a sitting duck.

you can possess the best strat, mm strike, risk model & discipline template out there - but if you're unable to catch the changing trade winds, those edges or advantages will dissipate.

agreed. recognizing a changing is tough even for veterans sometimes. And once recognized, you have to have the ability to do a 180 degree turn on a dime when it's time. that's difficult too. That requires a lot of mental preparation.