Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

[VSA] Volume Spread Analysis Part I

could not help my self

had to tke these as well

Shep, you don't use pivots of any kind?

What are the value lines on your volume? Do you use this to classify volume into Low, average, high etc?

thanks

Hi PivotProfiler;

what is it that pissed you off and led you to delete the charts from the VSA thread?

and the "mentally using MP" thread ? :thumbs down::thumbs down::thumbs down:

Edited by unicorn
add another thumbs-down

Hello TinGull and moderators;

How is it possible to delete charts from past posts, when the edit button disappears after 1 hour? :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

The only similar deletion was by a moderator to one of walterw threads, when all attachments were deleted. :crap:

The remedy was to restore the thread from the backup; Soultrader decided against that action because the newer posts (since the backup) would disappear. :pc guru:

Well, this time IF you guys move FAST ENOUGH, it will not matter if you lose the grand total of 10 posts that were posted all day today.

PLEASE GO AHEAD AND RESTORE THE THREADS.

Unicorn.

It appears that nobody cared to answer my previous post on this matter, this morning. http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/6/mentally-using-mp-946-4.html#post29809

I wonder why. Nobody cares or moderators don't moderate? :confused::confused::confused:

Edited by unicorn
added :confused:

I just found out about this. I will look into what happened.

A database backup will not do as attachments (charts) are stored in a file server and not in the database. It appears PP did edit the threads and removed the attachments. I am still investigating why and how this was done when edit posts function disables after 30mins.

The only similar deletion was by a moderator to one of walterw threads, when all attachments were deleted. :crap:

It appears that nobody cared to answer my previous post on this matter, this morning. I wonder why. Nobody cares or moderators don't moderate? :confused::confused::confused:

Well I was the mod that botched Walt's thread for which I apologized profusely. I still hesitate and look twice before I mod anything. They suck, but accidents do happen unfortunately. :(

Unless you report a post there is no global email that goes to the mods. And honestly with an issue this large and time sensitive Soultrader would be who we would PM. If this ever arises again you would probably be best to PM Soultrader directly and explain the situation to get a jump start rather than wait for a mod to see your thread.

I can assure you it was not because mod's didn't care...I'm pretty bummed because I used this thread to learn VSA. I didn't see your thread, if you need attention to an issue don't hesitate to make a post and report it...that will get a global email out to the mod of that category.

I'm hoping these can be recovered. I understand your frusteration but please, lets be fair to the mods here.

Hi,

I am trying my best to see if we can get a restore for this thread. If so, we will create a duplicate of this thread but with data most likely until yesterday. I will need to wait until PP gets a hold of me to see why the attachments were deleted. Also, one thing that still having trouble figuring out is how he managed to do so. Thanks

could not help my self

had to tke these as well

Hey Shep, if you post a trade today, being a VSA thread and all, would you kindly do a walk through of the VSA principles that are setting you up?

I noticed you'll enter at the close of certain bars. Could you tell us what the bar told you?

Thanks, I know it takes time to do it this way but it would be appreciated and a lot could be learned from it.

Good to have you here at TL.

i am not the teacher i am a student of joels so he is the one to ask.

What's the point of posting trades if you're not going to contribute to people's learning? Are you just proving that Joel is real or something?

What's the point of posting trades if you're not going to contribute to people's learning? Are you just proving that Joel is real or something?

I think shep is in a tough spot. As a student of Joel, he may be under some non-disclosure restrictions and/or does not want to detract from Joel's business. I realize we all want things disclosed in the forum, but we also have to respect shep if he cannot provide specific details.

I would suggest taking the free trial that Joel offers to show his trading in a live environment. If anyone does, provide a review here for others: http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f92/reviews-of-www-tradingrealization-biz-with-3422.html

I think shep is in a tough spot. As a student of Joel, he may be under some non-disclosure restrictions and/or does not want to detract from Joel's business. I realize we all want things disclosed in the forum, but we also have to respect shep if he cannot provide specific details.

I think that's fair enough BF, and I think Shep has shown that what he is doing is working. I suppose we can all have a look at his charts and interpret them too. Given that this thread is all about learning the best place for posting future trades if disclosure of rules etc. is a problem is probably in a journal/blog, the facilities for which are also provided on this forum?

Edit: I should add that Shep has elaborated on his trades in some of his earlier posts, which was really valuable.

Edited by mister ed

Here's a trade I made this morning. Very high volume downbar with the next bar up shows buying on the down move. The next bar is a no supply, volume less than the previous two, go long.

I'm sure PP would be backing me up on this one.

I exited just prior to the pivot as a personal preference because often there is supply there.

5aa70e3b14106_ESTrade.thumb.jpg.f5b9e94431e4c91f0daf79927f15b9fa.jpg

its not a non-disclosure issue, its just good faith, i owe joel a lot, the only reason i was posting trades was to prove that trading of price and volume works, and one should keep studying what works.

its not a non-disclosure issue, its just good faith, i owe joel a lot, the only reason i was posting trades was to prove that trading of price and volume works, and one should keep studying what works.

Fair enough.

Hi Tingull (starter of the thread), or whoever moderates this thread;

Is it not time to make VSA thread number 2 (the son of VSA - or whatever) ?

Why are you guys letting threads become huge monsters ?

Edited by unicorn

Hi Tingull (starter of the thread), or whoever moderates this thread;

Is it not time to make VSA thread number 2 (the son of VSA - or whatever) ?

Why are you guys letting threads become huge monsters ?

Unicorn,

We tried that, but no one participated in the second VSA thread entitled VSA II and continued posting on this one. Therefore VSA II, the thread was scrapped.

We tried that, but no one participated in the second VSA thread entitled VSA II and continued posting on this one. Therefore VSA II, the thread was scrapped.

That is the reason that after informing people of the existence of the continuation thread, moderators lock the primary (first) thread before it becomes huge. SIMPLE AND EASY.

It is also helpful when the initiator or the main participants of a widely followed thread, are encouraged by moderators to keep a secondary thread with the Key methodology and a list of pointers to the most beneficial posts of the main thread. SIMPLE AND EASY when moderators actively moderate.

So Mr Paul, I for one, am requesting that this thread be closed, and that the moderators (or one of the main contributors) create the continuation thread after posting the appropriate notice.

I certainly hope that the main contributors to this thread see the reason that I am asking this action and are not in any way offended.

cheers.

Unicorn.

That is the reason that after informing people of the existence of the continuation thread, moderators lock the primary (first) thread before it becomes huge. SIMPLE AND EASY.

It is also helpful when the initiator or the main participants of a widely followed thread, are encouraged by moderators to keep a secondary thread with the Key methodology and a list of pointers to the most beneficial posts of the main thread. SIMPLE AND EASY when moderators actively moderate.

So Mr Paul, I for one, am requesting that this thread be closed, and that the moderators (or one of the main contributors) create the continuation thread after posting the appropriate notice.

I certainly hope that the main contributors to this thread see the reason that I am asking this action and are not in any way offended.

cheers.

Unicorn.

Unicorn,

As of 2/08/2008 your request has been considered and denied. Please direct your personal comments or concerns to TL's private message system to avoid derailing this thread (or any other) any further.

Thanks and have nice day

Paul

Unicorn,

As of 2/08/2008 your request has been considered and denied. Please direct your personal comments or concerns to TL's private message system to avoid derailing this thread any further.

Thanks and have nice day

Paul

Keep it cool in here boys.

:cool:

Hey guys, come check out the hot, new volume thread here - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f104/candlesticks-and-volume-3425.html

;)

Just kiddin. It's my little Volume/Candle thread. Feel free to stop by and see what you think.

WARNING: MY VERSION OF USING VOLUME IS OVERLY SIMPLISTIC COMPARED TO WHAT YOU GUYS ARE DOING HERE. KEEP THAT IN MIND WHILE VISITING.