Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

nishant

Larry William's Indicator Required

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please help me in building indicators for metastock? They all are of Larry Williams. I need help for the following 4 indicators - "WillVal", "Commercial Proxy", "LW Sentiment" & "ProGo". (Primarily WillVal)

Please, if someone who could decode them. Thank you.

Regards,

Nishant Somani

WillVal() = Stochastic Custom (WillSpread (Expression , Short Term Avg , Long Term Avg , Show Initial Bars) , Lookback Bars)

WillSpread() = MovingAvgX (100 * Close / Expression , Short Term Avg , Show Initial Bars) - MovingAvgX (100 * Close / Expression , Long Term Avg , Show Initial Bars)

Hello Knytt. I was unable to understand the generic terms and subsequently was unable to apply it in metastock format as i realised that the coding that you have given is in the format that the software "Trade Navigator" (Genesis) understands.

Can you translate the given formula into Metastock ones as i use the latter as my trading software.

Thanks!

Actually Knytt, i use 2 different versions of Metastock. Version 7.0 for RealTime Trading and Version 8.0 for EoD Analysis. So i need for both basically. I'm tryin hard making all the indicators especially WillVal. I feel its an exceptionally nice indicator.

Actually i happen to attend Larry Williams Seminar. So got exposure to all the indicators he uses. I'll collect and give you soon the data as regards the settings which Larry uses (if in case you dont know) required to make WillVal indicator. Will search my notebook soon and provide you.

Nishant

Knytt : do you know how would that be for Tradestation ? cheers Walter.

@Walter

This is the code in Tradestation, but dont ask me what data1 and data2 is.

Inputs: Price(Close of Data1/Close of Data2),Len1(22), Len2(2), 
Len3(365), Buyzone(20), Sellzone(75);

Value1 = XAverage(Price*100,Len1);
Value2 = XAverage(Price*100,Len2);
Value3 = Value1 - Value2;
Value4 = (Value1-Value2) - Lowest(Value3,Len3);
Value5 = Value4 / Highest(Value3,Len3) - Lowest(Value3,Len3);

Plot1(Value5, "Wil-Val");
Plot2 (BuyZone,"BuyZon");
Plot3(SellZone,"SellZon");

thanks Inside ¡¡ I will take a look at it... maybe we can replace that double data for close...

question to metastock users : do you use two symbols together for this indicator ? spread type thing.... cheers Walter.

also, can we see a screenshot from metastock, how it looks like ... thanks

Thanks for all your efforts Knyyt. :)

But i've tried that Will Spread thing before. The said explanation wasn't clear to me. I couldn't plot the willspread. For me the explanation was to vague. Or even if the explanation on Willspread was good enough, i couldnt digest. :o

Anyways, thanks again!

Nishant

Data1 is quotes/charts of one instrument and data2 is quotes/charts of another instrument.

Sorry for the confusion, that was clear. What i mean is that i dont know the underlyings.

Willimas Will-Spread is based on the Spread between Gold an Bonds, with Bonds as Data 1. But i dont know what he trades with Will-Val.

Actually Knytt, i use 2 different versions of Metastock. Version 7.0 for RealTime Trading and Version 8.0 for EoD Analysis. So i need for both basically. I'm tryin hard making all the indicators especially WillVal. I feel its an exceptionally nice indicator.

Actually i happen to attend Larry Williams Seminar. So got exposure to all the indicators he uses. I'll collect and give you soon the data as regards the settings which Larry uses (if in case you dont know) required to make WillVal indicator. Will search my notebook soon and provide you.

Nishant

What do you think of MetaStock for real-time trading? It is the one platform where I understand the programming language. I don't want to spend time learning another one (I find easy language isn't all that easy). Is it suitable for intra day index trading?

Pivot : metastock programing can get very limited compared to TS... that was my experience... relationships between variables can eventually be conditioned to some amount... also there is no custom functions creation... etc etc etc.... once you programed on TS its dificult to get any better... cheers Walter.

What do you think of MetaStock for real-time trading? It is the one platform where I understand the programming language. I don't want to spend time learning another one (I find easy language isn't all that easy). Is it suitable for intra day index trading?

Its everyone's own opinion basically as regards the software. But to me metastock happens to be more user friendly. Its been three years and atleast for me its been a good experience. Very easy to use! And i primarily trade Index Futures only (Nifty Futures happens to be tradeable Index here in India). So I really find it suitable for intra day trading.

PRO GO I:

var: prof(0),pub(0);

Prof=Average(O - C,7);

Value1 = (((Summation( Prof - Lowest(Prof,7),7)) / Summation((highest(Prof,7) - Lowest(Prof,7)),7)))*100;

Pub=Average(O - C[1],7);

Value2 = (((Summation( Pub - Lowest(Pub,7),7)) / Summation((highest(Pub,7) - Lowest(Pub,7)),7)))*100;

Plot1( Value1, "Prof" ) ;

Plot2( Value2, "Public" ) ;

Plot3( 25, "25" ) ;

Plot4( 75, "75" ) ;

PRO GO II:

Prof=XAverage(O - C,14);

Pub=XAverage(O - C[1],14);

Plot1( Prof, "Prof" ) ;

Plot2( Pub, "Public" ) ;

Plot3( 0, "0" ) ;

PRO GO III:

Input: Period (21);

Prof=XAverage(O - C,Periode)*200;

Pub=XAverage(O - C[1],Periode)*200;

Plot1( Prof, "Prof" ) ;

Plot2( Pub, "Public" ) ;

Plot3( 0, "0" ) ;

Enjoy !!

Sixer

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone please help me in building indicators for metastock? They all are of Larry Williams. I need help for the following 4 indicators - "WillVal", "Commercial Proxy", "LW Sentiment" & "ProGo". (Primarily WillVal)

Please, if someone who could decode them. Thank you.

Regards,

Nishant Somani

have you found in the meantime the code for the commercial proxy?