Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

My Emotions

After trading for more then 5 years and watching the profit and loss of thousands of dollars , I think this is still a way to learn money - day before yesterday I traded in Silver and it wasn't moving at all - I was having a single trade into it and it took about 8 hours for a single trade going here and there and watching that trade when I thought I should quit with this trade although it was not giving me a lot of losses just 100 $ but I was tensed for a good 8 hours.

I don't know how you people control such situation when the markets are not moving at all and you are having trade for a many hours and neither it goes into profits which are expected nor losses.

I become emotional in these situations and I always loose.

range bars - and once I have my trade on, I try and do other things, but keep an eye on it- EUR USD similar today - spent hours doing nothing, then fell and rallied sharply.

You have nerves of steel for trading silver if you were trading silver futures. 8 hours is a long time in a day trade if it was a day trade. Give yourself some credit if that is the case.

No reason to stay in a trade if it is taking too long. You can always get back in when you get out. Separate your self worth, esteem, etc from your trades. You didn't fail if you exit a trade when it is not moving. you have no control over the market. You should be the only one that has control over what happens to your account.

You have nerves of steel for trading silver if you were trading silver futures. 8 hours is a long time in a day trade if it was a day trade. Give yourself some credit if that is the case.

No reason to stay in a trade if it is taking too long. You can always get back in when you get out. Separate your self worth, esteem, etc from your trades. You didn't fail if you exit a trade when it is not moving. you have no control over the market. You should be the only one that has control over what happens to your account.

Normally I usually trade Spot but still it is a long time for a single trade - I don't know but Silver is the only product which always nervous me although I lose into but still can't stop myself trading into it ;-)

Normally I usually trade Spot but still it is a long time for a single trade - I don't know but Silver is the only product which always nervous me although I lose into but still can't stop myself trading into it ;-)

Give me your money - I will pretend I am trading silver for you, I will return some of the money to you after a year.

Less than what you give me, but more than if you traded it yourself.

A win win situation. :)

I had a similar situation when I started trading currencies...usd/jpy was driving me crazy...i long then it goes down, i short then it goes up..started to believe that it was somehow cursed...since that time I don't touch it often :roll eyes:

I had a similar situation when I started trading currencies...usd/jpy was driving me crazy...i long then it goes down, i short then it goes up..started to believe that it was somehow cursed...since that time I don't touch it often :roll eyes:

Ditto that (and not necessarily to your specific situation, mo) - Those activities, things (and relationships) in life that we are attracted to, but really should learn to avoid are opportunities to shave off some of our personal delusions and illusions, etc. … and then later take on the challenges of clearing projections and attributions we have made on the object… I had to work through the same thing as obsidian with the Yen… long ago felt snakebit with it, decided not to trade it anymore, then later realized I needed to find ways to work through these kinds of limits.

mohsinqureshii,

With Silver, as I mentioned in your recent Silver thread, until certain ‘crowds’ have been activated silver will still just sit there… more than many other markets, certain of the crowds in Silver live more ‘in’ cyclical time than they do ‘in’ linear time.

This is an ‘out there’ hypothesis but when you have experiences like “I become emotional in these situations” “I don't know but Silver is the only product which always nervous me although I lose into but still can't stop myself trading into it” it may mean you are tangentially in touch with the morphic field of one of those ‘crowds’ … and some part of you doesn’t want to “miss out” on what might be building within that ‘crowd’

So, Silver is a “bullet” :) but sometimes it’s an unfired bullet just sitting there.

… if you look at say an 8 hour chart you can see it has been basically just sitting there in the same range since mid May … ie it’s not currently a very appropriate for short time frame ‘impulse wave’ trading …

It WILL be a speeding bullet again… maybe tomorrow :spam: and :helloooo:… but for now it sits in gata land ;) ... patiently prepare. … having been in congestion this long a strategy of entry stops above and below has progressively increasing probabilities … and upon a breakout, if and when it retraces back in to the congestion area, ‘limit’ entries or second breakout stop ins would also be suitable in a plan.... whatever it takes to be on the silver bullet when it does go ... because each time it does go 'speeding bullet', it has the potential of going very very far :)

… Often with trading, the less you 'expect' the more it 'gives' – from another angle, it is finding and feeding those aspects and archetypes ‘in there’ that can and do operate in the absence of expectation, attachment, and unnecessary limbic system activations.

mohsinqureshii,

With Silver, as I mentioned in your recent Silver thread, until certain ‘crowds’ have been activated silver will still just sit there… more than many other markets, certain of the crowds in Silver live more ‘in’ cyclical time than they do ‘in’ linear time.

This is an ‘out there’ hypothesis but when you have experiences like “I become emotional in these situations” “I don't know but Silver is the only product which always nervous me although I lose into but still can't stop myself trading into it” it may mean you are tangentially in touch with the morphic field of one of those ‘crowds’ … and some part of you doesn’t want to “miss out” on what might be building within that ‘crowd’

So, Silver is a “bullet” :) but sometimes it’s an unfired bullet just sitting there.

… if you look at say an 8 hour chart you can see it has been basically just sitting there in the same range since mid May … ie it’s not currently a very appropriate for short time frame ‘impulse wave’ trading …

It WILL be a speeding bullet again… maybe tomorrow :spam: and :helloooo:… but for now it sits in gata land ;) ... patiently prepare. … having been in congestion this long a strategy of entry stops above and below has progressively increasing probabilities … and upon a breakout, if and when it retraces back in to the congestion area, ‘limit’ entries or second breakout stop ins would also be suitable in a plan.... whatever it takes to be on the silver bullet when it does go ... because each time it does go 'speeding bullet', it has the potential of going very very far :)

… Often with trading, the less you 'expect' the more it 'gives' – from another angle, it is finding and feeding those aspects and archetypes ‘in there’ that can and do operate in the absence of expectation, attachment, and unnecessary limbic system activations.

Well said :)

I don;t know what happened to Silver these days its on a same channel and just like a turtle - but there is always a silence before wind comes so same is happening with it.

Well said :)

I don;t know what happened to Silver these days its on a same channel and just like a turtle - but there is always a silence before wind comes so same is happening with it.

And at last SILVER Made my Day on 20th :) After one month of silence it broked and I enjoyed this week trading silver. Some times I really hate it - but now I AM LOVING IT :)