Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TEAMTRADER

Manually Placed Trendline Alert

There is a Demark trendline alert but it does not allow the user to set it up to catch all moves against a resitance and a support trendline that are manually placed.

Does anyone know of a trendline alert that is manually placed as BOTH a support and a resistance to get a box alert to say the trendline has been broken?

Thanks for anyone who knows - I've attached the Demark indi in case any clever coders can amend it to become manual and give an alert box.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

DeMark Trendline Trader.mq4

Thank you Obsidian.

It looks exactly what I need to trigger an EA entry as I already have an indicator that shows where the trendlines should start. These are the yellow dots on the attachment.

I have the idea that if an EA were manually started then it would cut out a lot of the bad trades that EA's have to make automatically.

I'll test it when the markets open and let you know how it performs.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

Obsidian.pdf

Hi DJohnson,

Are you the DJohnson that is part of the Skype Trade Forex group?

No, they are in the correct place. The setting of the Stochs is important and also it is the target trade for the settings.

Perhaps you thought that it indicates oversold or overbought? This would correct sometimes but the settings of the stoch indicator are to get bigger moves rather than reversals athough it can be used in that way too if that is your target trade.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

I've retired from trading now and am concentrating on the basics for an EA. Lagging is good sometimes if you are looking for safer, lower risk trades. But there are other times when the indicator does not lag and shows very accurately convergence points. These are like 'patterns' if you know what to look for.

Regards

TEAMTRADER