Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

chris777

Starting a Forex Technical Analysis Service

Hello,

I wanted to hear your opinion about this. I have a forex website which offers free education and has some visitors each month. I wish to provide the technical analysis service to the visitors of my website – like identifying the prominent support and resistance levels with specific entry and exit recommendations. I wonder if you can help me answer the following questions.

1) Do I need to register/start a company anywhere or I can just collect the monthly payments to my personal bank account? Maybe you know some payment processor which allow to do that and which do not disclose my personal address?

2) Do you think that if I do not show any physical address on the Contact Us page that will not lower the credibility of the service?

3) If I provide the specific entry and exit recommendations do you think that this activity needs to be regulated by FSA or NFA?

4) What price you might feel comfortable paying for a full-featured 50 currency pair technical service which analyzes technical setups using all major technical tools on all major time frames, trend strengths and ties all up using proprietary analysis methodology?

If you can help me with any of the above questions that would be awesome!

Thank you very much for your time and hoping to hear form you soon!)

If you have experience setting up such companies it would be so great to hear form you!

Chris

1) Do I need to register/start a company anywhere or I can just collect the monthly payments to my personal bank account? Maybe you know some payment processor which allow to do that and which do not disclose my personal address?

2) Do you think that if I do not show any physical address on the Contact Us page that will not lower the credibility of the service?

3) If I provide the specific entry and exit recommendations do you think that this activity needs to be regulated by FSA or NFA?

4) What price you might feel comfortable paying for a full-featured 50 currency pair technical service which analyzes technical setups using all major technical tools on all major time frames, trend strengths and ties all up using proprietary analysis methodology?

If you can help me with any of the above questions that would be awesome!

Thank you very much for your time and hoping to hear form you soon!)

If you have experience setting up such companies it would be so great to hear form you!

Chris

#2, if I was going to pay for a service like this, I would like to know you will not disappear the next day. Address, phone number etc, would be good to gain trust I guess...you should also have a good customer service...a simple wordpress website does not look good as well...I think you should put yourself into their positions ;)

#4, what unique features will you offer? you say 50 currency pair but some of those will not have new things to write everyday..besides how many people trade that many...for example I've never traded usd/nok usd/dkk usd/zar etc...

there are plenty of websites/banks publishing technical analysis...

just my thoughts :roll eyes:

Chris

I own and operate Brooky-Indicators.com and have the following comments for you.

1) Whatever payments from whichever service/product you offer would no doubt have to fit into the tax structures that you as an individual (sole trader) or as a company under the laws of whichever country you are established in fall under. That is a quick question to your accountant.

Paypal is the obvious payment processor as in all reality the others are hard to setup and deal with. You will have to disclose your contact details to any payment gateway though you may be able to mask it in invoices.

2) I have not been asked ever for my physical address though anyone can ask for it if they wanted to. Any of my customers can always contact me directly through my email address on the contact page and that has been acceptable to many for years now.

3) Regarding signals, as far as I am aware, the standard required disclaimer and CFTC RULE 4.41 would cover any recommendations i would have thought.

4) Pricing I believe is totally dependent on disclosed proven results of using your signals. There are many no cost (eg: as is all the analysis on my site) analysis sites available and many brokers offer a full suite of technical tools including Auto Chartist etc these days, so there is no value in analysis directly unless you have discovered some hidden holy grail.

You may want to base your pricing on what is available through someone like RentaSignal or other providers.

Hope some of the above helps.

Cheers

Brooky