Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

asiaforexmentor

Forex Trading Strategies – Its All About Boxes

Forex Trading Strategies – Its all about Boxes (Forex Trading Strategies)

usdchfboxh1.gif

Forex trading pair: Usd Chf

The forex trading strategies | strategy above is an interesting way to look at forex charts.

I have highlighted blue boxes in the chart.

As we can see, when price is NOT trending. It moves in boxes. Just like the chart above.

Do not neglect the simplicity of this! I use this often as one of my trading arsenal.

What we can notice from the chart is that price consolidates in the boxes and to eventually break out from the box to form another box.

So price move in boxes when its not trending.

How can we benefit from this Simple yet Powerful knowledge?

By drawing the boxes, we are able to predict where price might head to on the next box after the breakout.

And besides that, we can just trade inside the box just like this:

usdchfboxh2.gif

Forex trading strategies: Look at the first red arrow in the chart above. That indicates the marking of the low of the box.

So we can expect the next time price reaches the area. We can buy at the area. Which is marked by the white arrow on the second time.

The same follows on the 2nd box.

The red arrow pointing down marks the high of the blue box. So the next time price reaches the high. We can sell it off immediately (as marked by the white arrow)

And we are seeing that happening right now in the latest blue box. Price has hit the bottom of the blue box which has now retraced back up. Therefore we can place a buy order right at the bottom of the blue box to profit from this.

Do you see the power of this forex trading strategies | strategy?

It is so simple yet powerful.

As i always say, Forex trading can be plain, simple and clear cut. By using simple clear cut strategy just like this box strategy, forex trading will no longer be difficult.

I hope you like this and pls click on the like button and drop a comment below to let me know how you feel.

This is just one of the ways we trade, Check out our Winning Asia Forex Mentor Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Trading System that i personally use.

See you on the other side my friend,

Ezekiel Chew:missy:

Asia's #1 Forex Mentor

So what exactly does a trader do with these magical boxes? There's no specifics here as to how the boxes (a user-defined trading range?) will work to the trader's benefit.

"By drawing the boxes, we are able to predict where price might head to on the next box after the breakout." I understand the technical aspect here (draw the box). I'm completely lost as to how it would help the trader manage profitable entry/exit. Especially since you are "lagging" the drawing of the box (drawing the box after the fact). Similar to how people draw trend lines AFTER the trend has occurred :doh:.

By drawing the boxes, we are able to predict where price might head to on the next box after the breakout.

And besides that, we can just trade inside the box just like this:

So what are you doing - trading the breakout, or fading the breakout?

I think you should edit your post, replacing 'can' with 'could have'. This will then better reflect the reality of the after-the-event approach you seem to be describing.

Maybe we could understand this better if you used this thread to call a few of your 'box trades' live?

Thanks,

BlueHorseshoe

What we can notice from the chart is that price consolidates in the boxes and to eventually break out from the box to form another box.

So price move in boxes when its not trending.

Well, its not that price moves in boxes, its that you drew the box around price.

I just took a look at the website of the number 1 AsiaForex mentor. At first i thought that the price was $877usd and thought it was a lot but then i looked at it a bit closer and it actually states "All these for just $8777usd" .........????? Did i miss something here??

So i get to learn how and where to draw a box around already excisting price candles that consolidaded and where price could break out on any side at any time. I must have missed something here.

Similar to how people draw trend lines AFTER the trend has occurred :doh:.

Hi 4Ever in blue jeans,

I have never seen this statement before.

Are you suggesting we should not draw trend lines?:offtopic:

regards

bobc