Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

I thought it time we had a thread dedicated to the things that traders hate, despise and utterly loath. Room 101 was the the place for these things. The TV(and formerly radio) series was pretty entertaining, so I thought it would be nice to give traders the chance to forever banish their own pet hates into Room 101. Simply nominate a pet hate and explain why you believe it's rubbish. Then everyone can vote on it and I'll make a list of all items which end up there. For example, you might hate trading mentors or financial news channels or even just a simple moving average. Whatever it is, let us know and maybe we'll agree.

I'll get us started with one. Syndicated articles. What do I mean by this? Trading/Investing articles in many cases not even rewritten, simulanteously reposted around the interweb in order to gain more exposure for the author and possibly better rankings for their own websites. Why do I believe syndicated articles should be consigned to Room 101? Well, I think they show a complete lack of invention and thought to start with. The fact is, readers are not stupid. Quality is far more important than quantity. Reposting the same article around the web is annoying to me as a reader, especially when the article in question amounts to little more than fluff. It actually makes finding great content harder and it amounts to spam. So I say dump syndicated trading articles into Room 101 for good and avoid them at all costs! What do you reckon?

...Why do I believe syndicated articles should be consigned to Room 101? Well, I think they show a complete lack of invention and thought to start with. The fact is, readers are not stupid. Quality is far more important than quantity. Reposting the same article around the web is annoying to me as a reader, especially when the article in question amounts to little more than fluff. It actually makes finding great content harder and it amounts to spam.

I can vote for this...Internet is becoming a garbage because of that...

I'll take that as two votes for syndicated trading articles then!

Okay mitsubishi, we've established that the scales are very much laden in the favour of things which you hate. However, there must be one or two things at the top of the tree for you. Let's start with your number one hate and go from there ;)

Mitsubishi should be called the HULK.

In order to control the angry beast within he remains angry all the time. :)

When it comes to trading room 101 - and i assume we are talking about trading pet hates as opposed to brussel sprouts.

For my list focusing on trading....and as per everything its ever changing

Bloomberg TV,

admin I have to do (associated with regulations which are ineffectual - alla MF Global - (different for different trading people abnd structures admittedly)

trading platforms that dont do what i want (but I guess 80-90% satisfaction is good - its the last 10% which is crucial)

Next week it maybe different except the Bloomberg TV

Mitsubishi should be called the HULK.

In order to control the angry beast within he remains angry all the time. :)

When it comes to trading room 101 - and i assume we are talking about trading pet hates as opposed to brussel sprouts.

For my list focusing on trading....and as per everything its ever changing

Bloomberg TV,

admin I have to do (associated with regulations which are ineffectual - alla MF Global - (different for different trading people abnd structures admittedly)

trading platforms that dont do what i want (but I guess 80-90% satisfaction is good - its the last 10% which is crucial)

Next week it maybe different except the Bloomberg TV

So how specifically do you feel Bloomberg TV is deserving of 101 status as opposed to CNBC?

Also, what's your vote for syndicated articles?

Doom mongers.Robert Prechter being my no 1.

Robert Prechter’s Dire Prediction for 2012 | Beacon Equity: Penny Stocks, Stock Alerts

Miserable git.

I came across a site the other day where the author who's a preacher in both senses of the word,actually appears to believe that the apocalypse is due on June 21st.What kind of insane basket case would spend the last few days of his life writing drivel on a blog?

Gurus/experts/economists. Worthless,useless time wasters.

The bell at the stock exchange.Isn't it time they modernized it? How do you fancy having that damn thing ringin' in your ears first thing in the morning...every morning?

Fair enough. We might just see today though! Lol. Anyway, isn't it just another opinion? Should it matter whether they are saying the financial system is due to collapse or everything is rosy and will be great going forward? I think we can say that many "Gurus/experts/economists" are all just sensationalist nonsense talkers in pursuit of creating the most read news rather than the most accurate and wise insight. Mass media is just the same in fairness. Maybe where there is the demand for this drivel, it will be filled. So rather than putting the "Gurus/experts/economists" and as Tim puts it "Talking heads" into Room 101, maybe we should put the people who buy into the crap and provide the means for its existence into Room 101. What do you reckon?

I'm not sure we can put the bell into room 101 btw- that's just kinda mean.

Markets that keep testing and retesting your entry before they finally move in our favour. Get on with it.

Hell Yes! That is the worst. You're right you're wrong you're right you're wrong...

Markets that keep testing and retesting your entry before they finally move in our favour. Get on with it.

I would argue that markets which 'pretend' they're gonna go in your favour and then slam through you are somewhat worse. :frustrated:

The other thing that is really quite annoying which just sprang to mind is a trend that seems to be gripping the trader interweb right now. It's interesting sounding webinars which turn out to be dumbass product commercials. Such crap :doh:

The other thing that is really quite annoying which just sprang to mind is a trend that seems to be gripping the trader interweb right now. It's interesting sounding webinars which turn out to be dumbass product commercials. Such crap :doh:

are those the ones that spend 20 mins promoting the product, then 5 mins talking about the webinar subject then a further 20 mins promoting the product......or are those the ones that throw out some interesting ideas and education possibilities and then spend 30mins sucking you in with the promise to reveal more.....until finally you have to spend to do so, usually on some "proprietary" indicator, course or E book.

Cant think of any lately that come to mind.....

are those the ones that spend 20 mins promoting the product, then 5 mins talking about the webinar subject then a further 20 mins promoting the product......or are those the ones that throw out some interesting ideas and education possibilities and then spend 30mins sucking you in with the promise to reveal more.....until finally you have to spend to do so, usually on some "proprietary" indicator, course or E book.

Cant think of any lately that come to mind.....

Both. They're all annoying and I feel sorry for the people who still manage to be sucked in! But hey. Yeah I haven't been party to any of these recently either due to my newly installed reactive biometric neural feedback spam filter. There was this great webinar on the new technology and it only cost $9999.99! No, wait a minute...:doh: :rofl: