Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MadMarketScientist

Off Topic and Moderation

If enough members complain could we have unsubstantiated claims made by vendors removed?That would remove every single one of Roger's posts leaving nothing for "the haters" to respond to.

I will only remove posts that don't contribute to the thread topic. I may move them to a new thread if I think the topic has enough interest.

As for unsubstantiated claims made by vendors, we will moderate all advertisements as necessary. But if someone (vendor or not) doesn't want to 'prove' his claims, that is his prerogative and everyone should leave it at that. People reading will see the lack of response and should be able to make their own conclusions. The community here doesn't have to beat it out of them - it just causes flamewars as we've seen and that is not in the spirit of TL.

thanks,

MMS

Given the censoring of off-topic posts will you please explain the logic where this post passes the test? Following it back .. it doesn't make sense why this sub-thread is still going while Substantial Unresolved Issues haven't been addressed.

Your posts and insights are very appreciated! ... most of the time ;)

MMS

I will only remove posts that don't contribute to the thread topic. I may move them to a new thread if I think the topic has enough interest.

As for unsubstantiated claims made by vendors, we will moderate all advertisements as necessary. But if someone (vendor or not) doesn't want to 'prove' his claims, that is his prerogative and everyone should leave it at that. People reading will see the lack of response and should be able to make their own conclusions. The community here doesn't have to beat it out of them - it just causes flamewars as we've seen and that is not in the spirit of TL.

thanks,

MMS

However, in order for him to not prove his claims he has to first be asked to prove his claim by someone who doubts his claim. But when asked to prove his claim by someone who doubts his claim he comes whining to you that he is being mistreated by the hateful posters on your site. And, you slash away at posts which had good value to the rest of the community.

Is this becoming China? MMS on your birthday, in your honor, are we all going to have to crowd together and form human LCD birthday wishes?

Given the censoring of off-topic posts will you please explain the logic where this post passes the test? Following it back .. it doesn't make sense why this sub-thread is still going while Substantial Unresolved Issues haven't been addressed.

I like this thread and I think MMS is doing a superb job. But, curious...what are these Substantial Unresolved issues and how would you propose they be resolved?

That's the thing with moderation or censoring... it's in large part subjective... another argument against it.

Let it be a free market...

Two must have's before I will be satisfied criminal activity that occured on TLab is mitigated and abated. No worries, it doesn't involve you.

I like this thread and I think MMS is doing a superb job. But, curious...what are these Substantial Unresolved issues and how would you propose they be resolved?

However, in order for him to not prove his claims he has to first be asked to prove his claim by someone who doubts his claim. But when asked to prove his claim by someone who doubts his claim he comes whining to you that he is being mistreated by the hateful posters on your site. And, you slash away at posts which had good value to the rest of the community.

Is this becoming China? MMS on your birthday, in your honor, are we all going to have to crowd together and form human LCD birthday wishes?

MM, I want everyone who reads anything I say to remain highly skeptical. That would hopefully mean they are highly skeptical of others who have not earned their trust. I couldn't agree more.

But skepticism is one thing while lying, distorting, insulting and threatening someone whom you don't agree with is another matter. I would jump at the opportunity to "prove" that I have knowledge and effective teaching ability that can help many traders of all experience levels.

Unfortunately, proof would either have to produced by you coming to me or me demonstrating my talents here at TL. As of this writing, neither seem likely to happen in the near future. But I'm more than willing if that ever changes. It's all I can do, guys. But, until then why can't we all find a way to remain civil toward each other and try to get along? That's all MMS is trying to accomplish here. Forums in chaos are useless and I think everyone understands that.

Roger, you've already proved yourself in a way in which you do not understand. I don't need to see any more. The proof you've given me is nothing like what you imagine. In respect for keeping this thread uncluttered for the important issues before it .. tis best we move the discussion about your mentoring to your FeltonTrading Method thread.

Unfortunately, proof would either have to produced by you coming to me or me demonstrating my talents here at TL. As of this writing, neither seem likely to happen in the near future. But I'm more than willing if that ever changes. It's all I can do, guys. But, until then why can't we all find a way to remain civil toward each other and try to get along? That's all MMS is trying to accomplish here. Forums in chaos are useless and I think everyone understands that.

There is a big difference between an opinion and an outright lie, Gosu. When you and other members of TL understand the difference, this forum will improve dramatically.

I'm glad that you posted this, however. Perhaps it will give SoulTrader a chance to see what I've had to deal with for these past several weeks. There's a serious problem here at TL and my solution is to just leave. Unfortunately, SoulTrader doesn't have that option.

If I was going to be a vendor then I'd hope I'd do my homework as well as putting up the sales front and free riding on sites as much as possible. I'd be ashamed if I got confused about who owned and ran the site I was using for self promotion.

Frankly I'm surprised and disappointed that Roger has (yet again?) lied: he said he was gone from the site and yet, here he is again.

Hmmm ... maybe that's not entirely on topic. Ok, I think that, given the friendliness to vendors, the censorship matches. Personally I think that snake oil sellers, be they Rogers, or Randys, should be rogered royally. MMS, newbies don't realize that this stuff is bs unless its challenged and as a result these parasites get to suck happily on the blood of potential traders.

Challenge, even to the point of personal insult is healthy.

Hi Members!

How much moderation do you all want on the threads? I've received a few recent 'complaints' that threads are getting off-topic too much. But on the flip-side, others have said they like the banter.

What does everyone else think? Please let me know here!

thanks,

MMS

Well, I have been allowed to do one post on this forum, it was to help out another fellow trader and share my programming experience. However the post was modified by the moderator and the link to a forum where the code could be downloaded was removed.

How's that for censorship?

Now I have been questioned by another forum user, suggesting that I was charging for the code because I did not post it.

I have also been censored on other topics because I felt sad and sorry about the way the some users were conducting themselves.

It will be interesting to see if this post (which is on topic) is also moderated or it is allowed to go through?

Neil.

P.S.

1) I always sign off with my name. I'm not afraid to say who I am.

2) I always believe in being courteous to other people.

3) If I like what they have to say or share, I make sure I thank them for it.

MMS, newbies don't realize that this stuff is bs unless its challenged and as a result these parasites get to suck happily on the blood of potential traders.

Agreed ... but once someone is challenged and he doesn't respond sufficiently, that is evidence enough for everyone else reading to make the right conclusions. We don't need to beat a dead horse.

Further, if we don't agree with what someone says, personal attacks is not healthy. Why can't we just ignore what they are talking about and let them talk amongst themselves? By trying to prevent them from talking about whatever BS they are talking about isn't that just another form of censorship? If they want to talk about making a million dollars by trading penny stocks let them!! We may think its stupid and we may disagree but its not our place to stop the discussion.

With that said, we will get better at moderating vendors so they don't use the forums to advertise. That is something we need to get better at.

MMS

The posts you mentioned were not related to this topic - it was rehashing issues from the other thread (FeltonTraidnd Method I believe) - thus they were removed. I have no issues with people questioning and being skeptical, if you look through the other thread I left many posts that were on topic. The only ones I removed were the ones where were personal attacks and insults - from both parties.

MMS

Well, I have been allowed to do one post on this forum, it was to help out another fellow trader and share my programming experience. However the post was modified by the moderator and the link to a forum where the code could be downloaded was removed.

How's that for censorship?

Now I have been questioned by another forum user, suggesting that I was charging for the code because I did not post it.

I have also been censored on other topics because I felt sad and sorry about the way the some users were conducting themselves.

It will be interesting to see if this post (which is on topic) is also moderated or it is allowed to go through?

Neil.

P.S.

1) I always sign off with my name. I'm not afraid to say who I am.

2) I always believe in being courteous to other people.

3) If I like what they have to say or share, I make sure I thank them for it.

Hi Neil,

The link was probably removed because we thought it was promoting a product. But if it isn't please post it again and we will be more careful this time.

MMS

Unfortunately, proof would either have to produced by you coming to me or me demonstrating my talents here at TL. As of this writing, neither seem likely to happen in the near future. But I'm more than willing if that ever changes. It's all I can do, guys.

Let's not start talking about proving anyone's methods in this thread - if you guys want to get into that again (without insults please) then please do so in the FeltonTrading thread. Thanks!

But, until then why can't we all find a way to remain civil toward each other and try to get along? That's all MMS is trying to accomplish here. Forums in chaos are useless and I think everyone understands that.

Couldn't said it better myself ... we can disagree but we can also do without the name calling and insults. That is all everyone is asking for.

thanks

MMS

Agreed ... but once someone is challenged and he doesn't respond sufficiently, that is evidence enough for everyone else reading to make the right conclusions. We don't need to beat a dead horse.

Further, if we don't agree with what someone says, personal attacks is not healthy. Why can't we just ignore what they are talking about and let them talk amongst themselves? By trying to prevent them from talking about whatever BS they are talking about isn't that just another form of censorship? If they want to talk about making a million dollars by trading penny stocks let them!! We may think its stupid and we may disagree but its not our place to stop the discussion.

With that said, we will get better at moderating vendors so they don't use the forums to advertise. That is something we need to get better at.

MMS

That's my view, too.

I think also that most coaches and educators are providing BS in this industry. If I see a statement by them on a topic where I have another opinion I will respond as I think that newbies should see the different view on the topic. But I see no point in arguing endlessly with them about any claims they make or even insulting them.

After I've read the first one or two posts by Roger I've decided to ignore his posts and the posts by the users who reply to his posts (not by using the ignore button, but by just not reading them). It's just a waste of my life time. I do not understand the energy with which some users try to fight against him. Maybe there is a history on this... I don't know. But let him post whatever he wants to post on his method, unless he spams other threads than his too often. If he does the latter any user can remind him to stay on topic without repeatedly advertising his method.

OS .... Who is it.

When its in the "this person" form its smearing a lot of slightly aggressive people. I'd like it to be xxxx because my opinion of him is low but it probably isn't.

So what's the truth?

MMS ... sounds good. I have a particular issue with a snake oil merchant who keeps posting generic advertorial but is selling long debunked psychotherapy concepts to get people to buy his book. And if they do that they'll find a remarkable lack of solutions ... just bait to take his courses. It seems that labeling his pseudoscience for what it is each time he starts another new thread is a reasonable response.

You can't rely on a desperate newbie to do adequate research - they're desperate for answers and easy prey for vendor good or bad, honest, self-deceiving or outright lying.

Over and out :)

He's posted more personal attacks than anyone else in the history of Traders Lab. He knew his allegations about me were false or recklessly disregarded whether they were false.

He acts with malice and evil intent. He desires inflicting injury, harm, and suffering on others, either because of hostile impulses or deep seated meanness.

Although I can't recall any of these personal attacks you speak of, I certainly hope MMS deleted those as well. Actually, now that I think about it, offering to spend many hours of my time helping any TL member for free while vowing to NEVER ask nor accept any payment from any member at any time for anything was pretty mean-spirited and hateful.

I apologize, onesmith. That was obviously a very evil offer as anyone can tell and I should have shown more maturity. Just my deep seated meanness I guess...thanks for pointing it out.

...Never hold a grudge. It will make you an unhappy person.Move on....

kind regards

bobc

that is absolutely right...

dont let a bunch of 1010100010011110001 play with your health;)

I think we've come to a conclusion on this topic ... thanks everyone for your input.

I'm glad we are all in agreement that personal attacks and insults leads nowhere and will be moderated immediately. In addition, vendor advertisements will also be moderated immediately.

thx

MMS

* * *personal attacks and insults leads nowhere and will be moderated immediately. In addition, vendor advertisements will also be moderated immediately.

Isn't this the status quo? MMS, have you worked in government by any chance? :D

Isn't this the status quo? MMS, have you worked in government by any chance? :D

Funny! :)

And I forgot, off-topic posts will be moderated more closely and will be moved into its own thread, if I get requests to do so.

Just so everyone knows, the thread that prompted this discussion was the TA Debunked thread that got WAY off topic.

MMS