Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

Believe It . . . or Not

Have a funny, crazy, stupid trading story? I know I do.

One day several years ago I am intently watching eur/usd, My intention was to Buy at the bottom of a channel. I felt the right moment had come and I pulled the trigger. Now, instead of watching the chart as is my custom, I was watching the open position box. 1 pip profit, 5 pips profit, 12 pips profit. At about 15 pips profit I was starting to feel that warm fuzzy feeling. Then I noticed something not quite right. In the Buy/Sell column there was an "S" and not a "B". Holey Crap ! I had hit sell instead of buy. I closed the trade with 16 pips profit and took off the rest of the day.

topical given your first story and JP Morgan.....all similar except different sizes.

Year 2000, my last day working for a firm, last expiry day before I handed over a largish options book to the next guy, we were all leaving on good terms so i left it fairly flat.

5 minutes to go till the close I managed to reduce pin risk (in options trading terms http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pin_risk_(options)) by legging out the ATM strike. (for those with little options knowledge dont worry too much)

Problem was I needed to hedge the underlying.

Problem was I bought instead of sold and so went doubly long.

Managed to unwind it for a few cents loss right on the close (I know I did the main volume of selling) but the brain explosion from such a simple thing right at the end of everything after a lot of experience always makes me nervous about checking which button. I now use pretty colours more.

yes, i've done the wrong button thing... however, my story has to do with slippage... no, not the kinda from filling pants after hitting the wrong button :-)

several times i've had the good kind of slippage where the market will actually move fast enough that it will jump my profit limit order and i'll get an extrat tick or maybe two???

a few weeks back i was in a scalp trade on GC gold for 5 ticks and it took off so hard i got 20 ticks... couldn't believe it.

I sat waiting to trade oil and I had a fedex envelope on my desk. I got up and accidentally clicked the mouse with the corner the mouse and was filled and lost $200. I moved the envelope away and waited for a trade got distracted moved things around, then got up and accidentally clicked the mouse with the corner of the envelope. Another $200 loss. The envelop perished.

I was way up on 400 shares of KSU and it was starting to look toppy... time to take profits. I chose to scale out with 300 shares and let the 100 run a bit further. Keyed 399 instead of 300 and hit send.

My story is of a wrong button as well, but happen to a colleague and wasn't exactly during trading.It was during an online meeting.

The boss wasn't present, so we we're skyping with him. the colleague next to me wasn't liking what he was hearing and wrote some pretty bad insults on the text box. It was not intended to be sent, just to tap me in the shoulder and show me quietly what he was thinking, without anyone else seing. The meeting carried on. The text was left there, one click in the Enter and everyone would see it. The meeting ends, he was taking his headphones out and... they slipped. Where did they hit? The enter button.

He was gone at the end of that same week.

This is not some "Strange stories ... Amazing facts" revelation.

But if true, it will be quite a spectacular achievement.

Remember all of that annoying spam that used to trickle into your email box ... some still does get past the filters and ISP walls.

But now ... if we are to believe the story, about 50% of the world's 40-billon emails a day are now G-O-N-E!

The cyber monster - the "Grum botnet" ... is dead ... finished ... gone, thanks to a concerted effort by ISP's and security firms. The mule computer system - using zombie computers infected by malware - usually without the owner being aware, has been stopped.

Read the story here ...:

Grum takedown: '50% of worldwide spam is gone' - Jul. 19, 2012

Believe it or not!

It feels like some kind of revolutionary coup!

EDIT: Out of place here ... mods - if you can find a better spot feel free to move this post. I've been away too long!

Edited by Ingot54

Oh. Yea i got one

I was trading Eur/Usd and had a long position open

And i wanted to close the trade wich didnt played out

But instead of closing the trade i entered a short position!

And as i realized the mistake and acted under a shock and hurried

To get out of that short , guess what? I entered another long position !!!

As soon as i realized that i made the same mistake again , i was backing off

The screen abit took a deep breath and closed those 3 positions.

That WTF moment , taught me to keep a cool head even if u made a mistake

Kind of funny... I wasn't going to share, but WTF. I entered a long trade today by mistake... hit "buy" instead of "sell". I realized what I had done and tried to cancel the trade, but too late. The trade filled... it went so quickly against me; within .02 of my stop, reversed and went in my favor... I closed with $340... cool. A dumb ass moment that worked out (rare).

This is not some "Strange stories ... Amazing facts" revelation.

But if true, it will be quite a spectacular achievement.

Remember all of that annoying spam that used to trickle into your email box ... some still does get past the filters and ISP walls.

But now ... if we are to believe the story, about 50% of the world's 40-billon emails a day are now G-O-N-E!

The cyber monster - the "Grum botnet" ... is dead ... finished ... gone, thanks to a concerted effort by ISP's and security firms. The mule computer system - using zombie computers infected by malware - usually without the owner being aware, has been stopped.

Read the story here ...:

Grum takedown: '50% of worldwide spam is gone' - Jul. 19, 2012

Believe it or not!

It feels like some kind of revolutionary coup!

EDIT: Out of place here ... mods - if you can find a better spot feel free to move this post. I've been away too long!

Don't really believe it is gone, but that's nice good news neverthless :)