Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Soultrader

[Market Analysis with Multiple Timeframes]

This is a video using multiple timeframes for market analysis as requested in the forums. It's a very brief analysis to try to point out some examples of how I use multiple timeframes to identify price levels.

CLICK HERE TO VIEW VIDEO

Charts created by Tradestation

Presented by Traders Laboratory

Note: I accidently made the width and height super big.

Dear friends

I've been trying to view this video since yesrerday but have been getting this message:

"The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If you are you using a browser with JavaScript disabled please enable it now. Otherwise, please update your version of the free Flash Player by downloading here. "

I've tried enabling the Javascript and also downloaded the Flash Player but I'm still getting this message.

I've viewed the other videos and they were fine.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Regards

JLOW

Soultrader

Thank you. I've watched it and it helps. Because I'm such a novice, I'm not picking up the nuances in this. I'll investigate more on pivots to get some background info.

If you know of any systematic source I can get to, it will certainly help me considerably.

Once again...thanks a million.

JLOW

Hi JLOW,

You might want to pick up a few good trading books to get the basics done. A good book on pivot points is A Complete Guide To Technical Trading Tactics: How To Profit Using Pivot Points, Candlesticks, and Other Indicators.. written by John Person.

Nice video, thanks. I like how you use the daily for levels rather than trend identification. For me, if I determine the daily trend is up, then it would be hard to take short trades on a lower timeframe. Which is why I don't attempt to define the longer term trend.

It is good, however, to step back and see the forest every now and then.

From R Krausz's work i use his set of rules regards to multi time frames . his software Fibonaccitrader is geared to use multi time frames . may be of use to some . on his site is a set of journals that may also be useful

LAWS OF MULTIPLE TIME FRAMES

1. Every time frame has its own structure.

2. The higher time frames overrule the lower time frames.

3. Prices in the lower time frame structure tend to respect the energy points of the higher time frame structure.

4. The energy points of support/resistance created by the higher time frame's vibration (prices) can be validated by the action of lower time periods.

5. The trend created by the next time period enables us to define the tradable trend.

6. What appears to be chaos in one time period can be order in another time period

Soultrader,

Concerning John Person's book, did you find it beneficial and are you using any of his indicators or systems that the book discusses?

thx,

I found his use of candles and pivots extremely useful. Other than that, I dont use any of his indicator of system. I wasnt aware he had any.

Hi Soultrader,

Would it be possible if you can repost this Video, as it looks like it is not on the server.

I am getting Error 404 on both links.

Let me know.

Regards

Szymon

From R Krausz's work i use his set of rules regards to multi time frames . his software Fibonaccitrader is geared to use multi time frames . may be of use to some . on his site is a set of journals that may also be useful

Interesting you should mention Krausz. He was a student of the Canadian trader Charles Drummond. It was Drummond that 'turned him on' to multiple time frame stuff. Personally I think Charlie is one of the trading greats with some remarkably unique perspectives on the market. His treatment of multiple time frames is the most comprehensive I have come across by a mile.

I'm somewhat loath to unreservedly recommend his stuff, it takes most people a long long time and lots of study to 'get it'. There are certainly far simpler ways to trade profitably. Just thought I'd mention his work for those interested in multiple time frames.

Thank's for the video, very interesting.

Where can I find Market Profile Indicator you use ?

It used to be available here for free but it has expired and no longer available. You will need to use a third party vendor for it.