Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wsam29

Chart Set-up

Post your trading desktop setup here of your charts to give new traders ideas.

I myself have a 5 minute of ES, NQ, YM and ER2 along with TRIN, VIX, and PUT/CALL

I trade using a 2 minute of YM with TICKS below for comparison.

and volume.

everything is lined up so to speak to see any divergences between the markets to spot which one is "leading"

desk1.thumb.jpg.58d3b9acf66c3e05ada07a931c156fa8.jpg

desk2.thumb.jpg.6a0c1c8f7ecc0c587984655cd9d3c56d.jpg

Thanks so much Nick ¡¡ It looks very good , will study and make you some feedbacks... would be nice to interact the usage... thanks again ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Here is my setup.

233 tick chart with Heikin Ashii on the price bars using volume delta.

Internals you see are: TICK, TRIN, ADV, PREM. PC Ratio is on a seperate screen.

I also use a 30minute chart and two columns of tape.

mychartsetupsoultrader.thumb.jpg.1311503d23a9caf1dc2835bdc2910c16.jpg

Browsfan : can you share a little bit whats your trading strategy on that chart ? thanks Walter.

Walter - let's see if I can... ;)

GREEN LINE = Quick MA

RED LINE = Slower MA

Blue candles = up candles

Red candles = down candles

The strategy is rather complex and difficult to explain here... let's give it a whirl - both MA's pointing up, consider long; both MA's pointing down, consider short.

You'll note that I use Share Bar Charts (aka Volume Based Charts). I used to use minute charts and found that the premise behind them is faulty in that who cares what happens in 3 minutes? I'm interested in knowing when there is action, aka volume. I want to see when there is action happening and volume charts do just that - candles rapidly fire when there is action (and when I coincidentally want in) and candles take longer to form when there is minimal action (and when I don't want to participate usually).

I would strongly encourage all traders, esp newbies, to examine Volume Based Charts / Share Bars in your trading. The end result to me has been phenonmenal. The 'holy grail' (to me) if you will. Just changing a simple setting on how you view the chart is what propelled me to the next level.

note - I obviously did not disclose the exact way I trade. That was done on purpose. I believe in learning things for yourself. I could easily disclose how I trade here, but inevitably most would consider it to simple and need/want to complicate it b/c it just can't possibly be that easy...