Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

wshahan

I Can Help with the E-mini, Spookywill

I trade the E-min and make money every day. I do some swing trading, and I regularly trade the NASDAQ, Copper Notes and Bonds. I am an auction market trader and I use a combination of CBOT Market Profile, volume at price analysis, and pattern recognition techniques.

I have been a screen trader for thiry years and have tried everythig. What I have now works for me.

I made 22 points in the NASDAQ today, shorted the ES a 1370 and am still holding, shorted copper at 3.6600 and am stil holding.

You don't have to believe me, I will post set ups staring tomorrow, the proof is in the trades.

I generally make one to 3 trades a day. The first set up is usually between 7:30 and 9:30 CST in the morning.

I hope I can help you in your trading. The ES is the hardest to trade because it is, like today, frequently range bound, but it can be successfully day traded.

Hpe it helps,

Spookywill

The stop was 1373, the target was the lows of 4.10 I got stopped out on copper for penny $250)loss.

I reversed the S&P position and went long at 1366.50 the rational for which I covered in another post. THe S&P profit was only 3.5 points.

The resulting long position gave me the big profit I was attempting to get. The stop is at 1362.50 which is just below the Globex low. Target potentially is new highs. The next resistance area is 1392, then the 1400 area.(3:42 pm CST.) I am still holding the long position.

I am still trying to determine how to deliver timely trade information. I will attempt to post someting premarket tomorrow.

I have to figure out how to share the methodology as it can't be done with out charts and more verbalization than I am willing to atempt.

I did post a thread warning not to go short the ES at 1:30 (PM, CST)when there was a small consolidation formation around 1380 which hopefully was helpful

SpookyWill

I am still trying to determine how to deliver timely trade information. I will attempt to post someting premarket tomorrow.

Thank you for the information. Forum management will let you post in real-time after you have posted several times. I guess, it's part of their quality management process.

Don't worry about posting trade information - a handful of example trades are statistically meaningless. Show us how your approach would have performed over the last ten years. We're all interested in long-term consistency, I'm sure, and not a flash in the pan fluke that happens to have worked well over the past few months.

Thanks

Bluehorseshoe

Spookywill,

You just go right ahead and post whatever you want, and try to ignore the folks who don't appreciate your generosity.

Thanks for your kindness.

Luv,

Phantom

Spookywill,

You just go right ahead and post whatever you want, and try to ignore the folks who don't appreciate your generosity.

Luv,

Phantom

I'm curious, what happened to the "that you can test for yourself and take to the bank" or else it's BS? Not that I'm saying it should be the litmus test to post but you seemed pretty emphatic about it yesterday.

No matter, you're still my favorite chief trading advisor for a hedge fund listed on the internet. (Just kidding!)

you're still my favorite chief trading advisor for a hedge fund listed on the internet. (Just kidding!)

And you're still my useless trading bum with absolutely nothing helpful to say, whatsoever...

While meditating earlier I became the significantly_large_sample_size and I realized I was the disinformation that was limiting me in ways I do not want to be limited. Please help me get back to where the information is outside me and I am free to choose which information I am.

Will it help me if I practice saying I am? Will it help to end every sentence with the words I am? How can I ever become more than the disinformation and become who I am?

The stop was 1373, the target was the lows of 4.10 I got stopped out on copper for penny $250)loss.

I reversed the S&P position and went long at 1366.50 the rational for which I covered in another post. THe S&P profit was only 3.5 points.

The resulting long position gave me the big profit I was attempting to get. The stop is at 1362.50 which is just below the Globex low. Target potentially is new highs. The next resistance area is 1392, then the 1400 area.(3:42 pm CST.) I am still holding the long position.

I have to figure out how to share the methodology as it can't be done with out charts and more verbalization than I am willing to atempt.

I did post a thread warning not to go short the ES at 1:30 (PM, CST)when there was a small consolidation formation around 1380 which hopefully was helpful

SpookyWill

Thank you for posting your analysis. Please continue posting whatever you have. Thanks.

Spookywill,

Luv,

Phantom

It's not that the generosity isn't appreciated, Phantom.

There's a hell of a lot of information to sift through on this forum. If somebody is presenting something that works, then it makes sense that they do this by demonstrating its effectiveness over a sustained period. If they do this then people like myself will pay attention and go away and investigate it ourselves. But a handful of trades . . . it's pretty meaningless . . . what am I meant to do with that information?

Would you risk your money just because someone on a forum told you something worked and gave you a half a dozen chart examples? Of course not.

You use volatility breakouts in your trading, I believe? So did Larry Williams. If I go and look at pretty much any Larry Williams book he will give backtest results spanning decades for each strategy he describes. Now that's something that I can actually use . . .

Bluehorseshoe

You ask a reasonable question. When you answer it the items not included in the quote become less important within your hierarchy of things.

a handful of trades . . . it's pretty meaningless . . . what am I meant to do with that information?

But a handful of trades . . . it's pretty meaningless . . . what am I meant to do with that information?

BHS,

The man is trying to show you trades as they are happening, in pseudo-realtime.

I don't see how anyone can casually say that the info is useless, unless what they are really saying is "please spoon feed me because I'm much too lazy to investigate this stuff on my own..."

So what you are meant to do with the info is to use it as fodder in your own system development. I don't know if you've read my thread or not, but I absolutely refused to spoon feed folks that wanted an easy way to profitability. I told several naysayers that if they were going to make the information I gave their own, then they were going to have to roll up their sleeves and test it for themselves. How else is someone going to gain the confidence to trade the info consistently?

But to say that without backtest results, the info is useless is really a slap in the face to the man that is supplying the info to you in the first place. So, show a little respect and be a little more sensitive to others, and who knows? He may open the floodgates...

I know that that's what made me want to give more...

Luv,

Phantom

To be completely fair to BHS, and others who may not know how to utilize this information, may I make a small request to Spookywill?

It would be immensely helpful if you provided a modicum of rationale for your entries, exit targets, etc. Instead of "I entered at this level which was at X and the Globex high was at Y..." it would definitely help if you were to say something akin to "I entered here because I saw price rejection at this level back at point Z and the market has a tendancy to do such and such between said price levels...whatever..."

It never hurts to supply a little insight to your decision-making process along the way.

Phantom, in defence of BHs, he's the most dedicated developer on the forum in terms of public effort to be on top of the things that are on his path. His effort's are inspiring. He's a great guy with excellent manners just having some difficulty with the scientific method and striving to keep things ordered the way he prefers them.

many dvlpr prefer Truth that Disempowers vs seeding subconscious with Disinformation that Empower.

if invert scientific method then subc provide solution resolve conflict. Subc Provide Truth and neutralize false.

If lucky New Truth Preferrable else repeat invert until New Truth Preferrable.

Subc's duty is to prove all Disinformation = True.

[...] Please continue posting whatever you have [....]

Yes, post whatever you like, don't limit yourself by parameters suggested by some forum participants. I like to listen to any ideas on trading, even those that are difficult to justify on terms of holy grails or standard technical analysis. Good intentions to help others score merit in heaven.

Enclose image of "fx horse".

5aa710eb8c4fe_fxhorse1.jpg.0fda1b64e984123b57bc573a2bae9a0e.jpg

Posting of trades is a great exercise for an individuals ego. Look at the "attention" this little thread is getting - just like them all... This will be a blip on the "screen."

Whatever value there may be in what is posted here is really not that relevant.. There is no secret sauce, no special insight, no magic indicator or combination of tools that can be replicated by the mass.

Haven't you all been here - seen this before? This is not a commentary on the individual or their posts on their trades but more on the behavior and hopes of the readers of these forums...

How can anyone communicate what is behind a trade? Trading is not Black & White..it is always shades of gray. In addition, if an individual puts several tools together and may be able to execute those based on their individual psycology and alignment - what does that have to do with you?

By now we all must accept that all the tools work in trading at different times for specific individuals... Charts, Mkt/Vol Profile, some screen spaghetti. The issue is can they work for you?

Chart Reading - takes time, screen time..same as pattern recognition..

Mkt Profile: Punt - complex and not a stand alone tool

Volume Profile: Deriviative of Mkt Profile

Screen TIme: Limitless

Psycological Alignment: a Lifetime

No matter what the OP can or cannot do is not the point.. the point is what are you doing to improve YOUR trading? Looking over a successful traders shoulder might have some value - assuming they really are successful. Other than knowing it can be done how does that help you? We already know it can be done. If you are not successful do you know why? If not what are you going to do about it?

This Thread has a snappy headline...will get a lot of us to stop by and create a buzz... how much do you think it will help you accomplish your goals? I submit not very much...

I suggest you get back to the business of focusing on your charts, process and psycological alignment and not try to mimic something that cannot be explained on a forum like this let alone successfully in a live seminar... assuming it has any true replicable value at all..

The answer lies within you.. You have to have the tenacity to sort it out and find it. If you are constantly changing what you do, chasing the next "new thing", hot poster, etc. then you are lost and need to rethink what you are doing and find your way. If you've been here - done this and find you are running in a circle chasing the magic combination to unlock the puzzle then stop chasing an illusion.

In the end, this thread will be among the other "methods" buried here... on this forum.. a flash.. YOU hold your own answer..nobody can find it for you. Wouldn't it be nice if someone else really could could do all the work and just throw it on a thread and then you could "take that one tidbit" away and convert it to value ? Success in trading will not be found here. It is sitting right there within you - your job - unlock it.. Get on with it.. Lay out an educational plan.. Do the work.. Just don't kid yourself that any forum is going to change what you do or lead you to the promised land..life and trading is not that simple, IMHO.

Best of luck..I hope there is something you can take away from here that can help you along the path... but I doubt it...

:2c:

I don't see how anyone can casually say that the info is useless, unless what they are really saying is "please spoon feed me because I'm much too lazy to investigate this stuff on my own..."

I think what I am trying to say is "if you want to help me to develop as a trader then please give me a fuller incentive because I'm much too busy to investigate pieces when I don't know if the whole has value". I'm not lazy, I hope, but as I said before, there is a hell of a lot of information on this site. Traders need some sort of screening process to decide what they can investigate further. This screening process does not have to be backtest results - if William Eckhart started posting here he'd have my attention without any backtest results.

As for your thread, Phantom, I am currently about half way through reading it, thanks. Once I get to the end I will have to make a judgement as to whether I begin trying to piece together all the pieces into the profitable whole that has enabled you to be successful. Given the general high level of opinion about you throughout the forum and the quality of your posts, I will most likely decide this is worthwhile. However, without that incentive (which is the same incentive that I feel this thread is currently lacking), I probably wouldn't attempt to do so.

All I was trying to do was help the thread starter to cut through the noise and provide the kind of incentive that would cause countless others like myself to sit up and pay attention, and eagerly await every subsequent post he makes. Without this, I suspect he will quickly lose the attention of most - there's just too much other stuff going on around the forum.

Regards

Bluehorseshoe

Posting of trades is a great exercise for an individuals ego. Look at the "attention" this little thread is getting - just like them all... This will be a blip on the "screen."

Whatever value there may be in what is posted here is really not that relevant.. There is no secret sauce, no special insight, no magic indicator or combination of tools that can be replicated by the mass.

Haven't you all been here - seen this before? This is not a commentary on the individual or their posts on their trades but more on the behavior and hopes of the readers of these forums...

How can anyone communicate what is behind a trade? Trading is not Black & White..it is always shades of gray. In addition, if an individual puts several tools together and may be able to execute those based on their individual psycology and alignment - what does that have to do with you?

By now we all must accept that all the tools work in trading at different times for specific individuals... Charts, Mkt/Vol Profile, some screen spaghetti. The issue is can they work for you?

Chart Reading - takes time, screen time..same as pattern recognition..

Mkt Profile: Punt - complex and not a stand alone tool

Volume Profile: Deriviative of Mkt Profile

Screen TIme: Limitless

Psycological Alignment: a Lifetime

No matter what the OP can or cannot do is not the point.. the point is what are you doing to improve YOUR trading? Looking over a successful traders shoulder might have some value - assuming they really are successful. Other than knowing it can be done how does that help you? We already know it can be done. If you are not successful do you know why? If not what are you going to do about it?

This Thread has a snappy headline...will get a lot of us to stop by and create a buzz... how much do you think it will help you accomplish your goals? I submit not very much...

I suggest you get back to the business of focusing on your charts, process and psycological alignment and not try to mimic something that cannot be explained on a forum like this let alone successfully in a live seminar... assuming it has any true replicable value at all..

The answer lies within you.. You have to have the tenacity to sort it out and find it. If you are constantly changing what you do, chasing the next "new thing", hot poster, etc. then you are lost and need to rethink what you are doing and find your way. If you've been here - done this and find you are running in a circle chasing the magic combination to unlock the puzzle then stop chasing an illusion.

In the end, this thread will be among the other "methods" buried here... on this forum.. a flash.. YOU hold your own answer..nobody can find it for you. Wouldn't it be nice if someone else really could could do all the work and just throw it on a thread and then you could "take that one tidbit" away and convert it to value ? Success in trading will not be found here. It is sitting right there within you - your job - unlock it.. Get on with it.. Lay out an educational plan.. Do the work.. Just don't kid yourself that any forum is going to change what you do or lead you to the promised land..life and trading is not that simple, IMHO.

Best of luck..I hope there is something you can take away from here that can help you along the path... but I doubt it...

:2c:

Tom,

There is a lot to be learned from this thread if the OP is honest about his trades even though it may not benefit a veteran trader.

If he is honest about his trades, then viewers will see the true nature of what trading is. It will be a record of both good and bad calls, lucky breaks and bad luck, winning months and losing months, etc. A viewer will see that there is no secret sauce to the method since the method will work and not work over time. In short, it will be a mirror of the life of a trader with a trading caliber of the OP and that can be very valuable for some to view.

I do agree that the wrong message for traders would be to try to duplicate the OP's method. As in, If I can do what he does, then I can make money too. His trades will be a result of his risk tolerance, his interpretation of events, the size of his account, if he fought with his wife this morning, and etc. Most of which will not be the same for each trader, leading to very different results no matter how hard one tries.

If he is dishonest about his trades and shows entries that occur when the market is 5 pts away from his entry which was a tick of so from the turn, or he posts after-the-fact-exits that were within a tick of the high or low, depending on if he was long or short, then we will all know that he is just another charlatan with ulterior motives like so many that came before him. Many observers of the thread, will call him on it and spend an inordinate amount of time exposing him for what he is.

MM

What you say is generally true, Tom, but its also true that certain techniques CAN be replicated, with good results. And what's the point of having a trading forum if not to discuss ways to improve results...should we talk about the weather?

Sometimes (not all the time, of course), the difference between a winning trader and a losing trader is merely a small insight that unlocks the door to the aha moment and changes the entire perception of the markets...

So we keep trudging on and passing ideas onto others in hopes that someone, somewhere will get that tidbit of information that pushes them over the line, and then our conversation has not been completely in vain.

At least that's why I participate.

Luv,

Phantom

You use volatility breakouts in your trading, I believe? So did Larry Williams. If I go and look at pretty much any Larry Williams book he will give backtest results spanning decades for each strategy he describes.

You probably paid for those books. If you want to test someone's strategy, get them to give you their rules and test it yourself. As long as there's no money going from you to him, you don't have grounds to ask for back-testing results.

Tom,

There is a lot to be learned from this thread if the OP is honest about his trades even though it may not benefit a veteran trader.

If he is honest about his trades, then viewers will see the true nature of what trading is. It will be a record of both good and bad calls, lucky breaks and bad luck, winning months and losing months, etc. A viewer will see that there is no secret sauce to the method since the method will work and not work over time. In short, it will be a mirror of the life of a trader with a trading caliber of the OP and that can be very valuable for some to view.

I do agree that the wrong message for traders would be to try to duplicate the OP's method. As in, If I can do what he does, then I can make money too. His trades will be a result of his risk tolerance, his interpretation of events, the size of his account, if he fought with his wife this morning, and etc. Most of which will not be the same for each trader, leading to very different results no matter how hard one tries.

If he is dishonest about his trades and shows entries that occur when the market is 5 pts away from his entry which was a tick of so from the turn, or he posts after-the-fact-exits that were within a tick of the high or low, depending on if he was long or short, then we will all know that he is just another charlatan with ulterior motives like so many that came before him. Many observers of the thread, will call him on it and spend an inordinate amount of time exposing him for what he is.

MM

Certainly agree... Anyone who has been trading has seen this all before... my comments are really not about the OP.. and as you say what is posted and his credibility will soon be known.

My comments are that time is a precious commodity if you are trying to take trading beyond a hobby or fantasy. It is a tough business and requires the individuals "best," as we have discussed elsewhere.

I have certianly spent my time over the years doing "research." Possibly where my skill-set is today is a confluence of some of it..most of it comes down to blind alleys, deadends and lost time.. good vendor marketing and illusion... Posting of trades for the most part has little value unless there is substantial detail - something that a forum like this can't accomodate. In addition, outside of mechanical system trading, one cannot replicate descretionary trading... or recognize market behavior like short covering vs. initiative buying, etc.. that takes screen time..no way around it...

There are plenty of live chat rooms out there - what is the success rate for traders in those rooms? There are plenty of vendors, what is the success rate for their products?

The only value I see, outside of the proverbial: "If I get one idea out of it, then it was worth it," is to suggest to newbies that yes it can be done.. Well it can.. probably not from anything you will find here..

I am really reflecting my search and the time I have spent in this business and what my experience has taught me... The OP did mention tools that I use..however, you cannot learn them from a forum and they are already out there.. I want to encourage members to get there hands dirty, roll there sleeves up - get on with it..

Sure, see some trades, if credible great.. but don't get distracted trying to "plug & play" it doesn't work..

I know why many are here..they want help, some want trades calls, some want comraderie and some genuinely just want to help. Trading is a lonely profession..I get it..that is why I am here...

TL members should explore everything but not keep going on tangents and not think that what they see can be replicated... without the work to understand what it takes to do so.

I will certianly visit this forum after trading hours to see how it goes and possibly contribute if I can... but I've never seen a successful trader not have to fight for it and truly learning this business to the point of generating consistent income is akin to becoming a fighter pilot...

Those of you who have made the turn to profitability know what it takes.. unfotunately it will not be revealed here... but it should be stimulating nonetheless...