Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TL Staff

Mirus Futures

Mirus is very professional, they will not hold your hand. Unfortunatly you may need hand holding if you use Ninja Trader, which I liked until I found out why it is free. The trades are executed quickly, I have cheap commissions, Zen-Fire is reliable, and my broker went above and beyond the call of duty when opening my acct.

I rated the datafeed Very Good and not excellent because Zen-Fire crashed twice (luckily no trades during this time!)

I've used Mirus for some time, and am very happy with them.

One of the main criteria I use to judge a broker is the ability to get them on the phone to help in an emergency situation. I've had a few occasions where I needed to call Mirus to confirm orders/fills/cancellations when my PC crashed or my internet went down. Every time they have been easy to contact. They answer right away, and don't delay my situation any longer than it takes to tell them my account number and name.

Their day margins are very low, and commissions are decent. Now that Interactive Brokers has dropped their rates, I'm going to hit Mirus up to re-bid my commissions, though.

As for the guy in the other review who had a gripe about paying for Ninja.... I have this to say: I wish I had bought Ninja a long time before I actually did. Using Ninja would have saved me more than it's purchase price just by using the auto-brackets and single-click order modifications. When I was newer, I sometimes mixed up the R & L clicks and OCOs during a fast market. I wish I wasn't so cheap in the beginning, and had just bought Ninja. Also, I use Ninja's feature to link accounts with multiple brokersto trade them simultaneously. I like that I don't have to switch platforms at all.

In summation, Mirus is good, the margins are as low as you'll find, but their commissions aren't the lowest any more. Use them if they give you a custom quote lower than their published basic rates.

Happy trading.