Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

EMGMT

Programmer Needed to Create Automated Trading System in Multicharts

You may want to write up your project and post it on guru.com and see if you get a good offer. The problem may be finding someone with knowledge of the financial markets, which may or may not be a problem. Actually, I did get a bid from a firm that had experience with financial markets, so I don`t think that will pose a problem.

I`m currently working with a programmer that I hired from that site for a very friendly price. I have not yet received the finished product, but if he delivers on what he promises, I will be very satisfied. If he don`t delivers according to the project agreement, I can refuse to pay him.

I am looking for a Programmer with experience with Multicharts to create an automated trading system. Any recommendations?

are you stuck with a programming problem?

post your codes here and we will try to help you.

You may want to write up your project and post it on guru.com and see if you get a good offer. The problem may be finding someone with knowledge of the financial markets, which may or may not be a problem. Actually, I did get a bid from a firm that had experience with financial markets, so I don`t think that will pose a problem.

I`m currently working with a programmer that I hired from that site for a very friendly price. I have not yet received the finished product, but if he delivers on what he promises, I will be very satisfied. If he don`t delivers according to the project agreement, I can refuse to pay him.

Hi HighStakes,

Is there any way to prevent the programmer to re-sell your "system" to others ?

~~~ Happy Trading ~~

Hi HighStakes,

Is there any way to prevent the programmer to re-sell your "system" to others ?

~~~ Happy Trading ~~

if you have a profitable system, the programmer would simply keep it for himself.

if it is not profitable, why and how can the programmer sell it?

It's expensive but there are tools that would allow you to machine design your own strategies.

Can you characterize the level of success you've had in your personal trading .. (of machine written strats)?

I'm curious because I am aware of your skills in this area, and I have a lot of respect for you. That opinion won't change regardless of your answer and this is definitely not an attempt to discredit you. It's difficult for me to imagine sharing successful tools with others but I understand and acknowledge there's differences between being able to conceptualize and write the tool .. verses knowing the secrets a skilled trader would seed the inputs with.