Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

v101

Time Based Alerts

i have a TS indicator that I have made up, and it has an alert that will trigger if certain criteria is met, What I would like to do,:confused::confused:

Is to be able to have it set so that instead of running the same indicator 2 times, and set the value for a different number, I would like it so that if the market is in say off hrs trading, it will alert based on the off-hrs value which will be based on certain time of day,

then the indicator will alert based off the other time of day say on-hrs, and this will alert based on the other value.

If anyone has any examples of this, and using 2 different alerts, with different time of days, I would be greatful

more thinking on this, I was thinking of 2 different input times

say

END_DAY (1700), \\END OF DAY 1700 (5PM)

DAY_SESSION (0700),\\ day session (7AM)

DAY_SESSION_ALERT (10), \\ value for day session

NIGHT_SESSION_ALERT (2); \\value for night session

If TIME > DAY_SESSION ??

then begin

if valuex > DAY_SESSION_ALERT than alert

if time > Night_session

then begin

if valuex > NIGHT_SESSION_ALERT than alert

Again not sure on this, but here is an idea I am going to test out.

Best I can do without knowing how you define value1.

I used crosses above rather than greater than so it won't continue to alert on every bar but there are various other ways of achieving various results and they all depend on the specific circumstances of what you're doing ......but this is a template to help you begin your search.

input: dSess(700), nSess(1700), dThreshold(10), nThreshold(2);

if value1=100 then value1=1 else value1=value1+1;

if t>dSess and t<=nSess then begin
   if value1 crosses above dThreshold then alert("value1 crossed above dThresh");
end else if t>nSess or t<=dSess then begin
   if value1 crosses above nThreshold then alert("value1 crossed above nThresh");
end;