Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

TL Exclusive! Rob Booker/Boris Schlossberg Webinar!

It is not magic that Rob Booker taught us something which worked only on GBP/CHF during the time frame of Jan-August 2007 and never worked at any other time.

He taught us Monday accelerator -

He is a seasoned educator with a lot of experience.

I could go on and on and on...but rather than do that tell me do u agree

that

Based on the above few lines the answer is

Rob Booker is a SCAM artist

If I teach you to buy when MA20 crosses above MA50, it might work in trending markets and make you lose in sideways markets. Am I a scammer, then?

Easy to say with the benefit of hindsight. But remember that Rob and his ilk don't sell it as "take it but test it thoroughly" ... they sell it as "this works, just do what I say and be happy." Hence its a scam.

I buy the odd potential scam/crapfest still on the possibility of hitting something useful. The win rate is pretty pathetic.

Twice is actually possible too. I bought a course from Denise Shull a couple of years back and it was really a pretty monumental waste of my money. Friday I bought her book on the hope that it advanced my original investment (and it cost less then 1/100th as much). Guess what ... fooled twice. More annoyed about the waste of my time finding out that she can't write and didn't add value than the price. I think she might get my amazon review as a return for the time wasted. She really is pretentious ... I hate the way these psych and education majors pretend to know some science when they just expose their ignorance.

I did take this one knowing that I was probably going to be disappointed. Its like a trade that loses in this case though. Price of finding the gem amongst the dross.

If I teach you to buy when MA20 crosses above MA50, it might work in trending markets and make you lose in sideways markets. Am I a scammer, then?

Point a ) You charge 2000 dollars per student

Point B ) You claim to have 20 years Forex experience

Point C ) You claim that Monday accelerator works all the time

Point D) You asked all students to test 2007 for GBP/CHF

Point E) It worked only in 2007 Jan - August

Based on the above 5 points - Rob Booker scammed us.

It is not magic that Rob Booker taught us something which worked only on GBP/CHF during the time frame of Jan-August 2007 and never worked at any other time.

no......it was not magic it was a sales pitch, but it sounds like you were looking for the magic secret sauce. What works all the time.....I guess that makes all doctors, lawyers, banks (;)) scammers as well.

then anyone who

a.....does not charge

b......has no or less than 20 years experience

c...d....e.....never makes a sales pitch claim or tries to highlight the best attributes performance of something they are selling

they must be the real deal.......

I would love to see you in a job interview selling yourself......"Lets be honest, I am a sucker, I am a bit lazy, would rather pay for a easy and quick fix and believe everything some guy says rather than do my own homework".....answer - "dont call us we will call you"

(take this in a positive light please :helloooo:)

.......if you dont accept some part of it then you have learnt nothing....regardless of Rob Bookers sales pitch/incompetence/scamming abilities.

That answers the question about universities as scammers too.

It depends what you promise or (for truly great scammers) what people think you promised while you avoided actually doing it.

If you teach something and are honest about it and it has an expected value similar to the cost then you are not a scammer. The scam starts with the promotion or excessive price for something that once discovered is actually dross

But when you listen to the booker presentation you do get a few clues when you've seen as many scams as I have. Universities that severely overpromise and then underdeliver can also be scammers.

Edit: Sorry forgot Suiya's other question : how come the fair trade organizations don't take them to the legal system. Answer: its too hard to prove and often the customers are too embarrassed by their naivety so it rarely happens to "educators." Similarly with Universities, we have seen foreigners being scammed (with overpromise of jobs and citizenship) but you don't see many attempts at prosecution let alone success.

Edited by Kiwi

how come the fair trade organizations don't take them to the legal system. Answer: its too hard to prove and often the customers are too embarrassed by their naivety so it rarely happens to "educators." Similarly with Universities, we have seen foreigners being scammed (with overpromise of jobs and citizenship) but you don't see many attempts at prosecution let alone success.

I think this is a great point -

a....it is too hard to prove, and yet people will accept the educators proof without any thing further.

b....the naivety and embarrassment of people.....combine the two and that is exactly why it will continue....and why when you have people just saying - its a scam, he is a thief, (the fact I did nothing except believe him) except on internet sites will just come across as sour grapes. If more people did go to the regulators maybe, then just maybe something would be done about the more dodgy ones. Mind you the whole finance game might be in trouble then. ;)

While I think that regulators should enforce a bit more restrictions on some things we also dont want a nanny state......currently in the UK there are these pay day loans - now that is a scam annual percentage charges in the 1000% range, preying on people who can least afford it, after the whole gfc debacle of crappy mortagages in the US ---- you would think they would learn and at least try an stop it --- this thing would just go underground I guess.....loan sharks etc;

I wonder if there would be a black market underground trading educators guild develop.....???

follow our system or else we come round and swivel your chair until you are dizzy, and when it does not work, we will do the mouse and smash your keyboard....

Changing directions a bit:

1) Can you briefly (briefly) explain what causes a market to move (i.e., what causes prices to change)?

2) Why do you choose GBP/CHF?

Just watched the video - figured I should

I have a new method.....itchy scratchy balls....take two clouds, get some random numbers so no one else is using them, and then when they bend, buy a breakout, or sell a reversal.......

Ichimoku clouds - wtf - a combination/variation of Donchian (sorry high and low channels) channels and moving averages, nothing new....but they must be good as ancient traders have been using them for centuries. ( I prefer the Kiwi super trend in combination with Donchian)

If you are new to trading it might provide some food for thought and even if thats all Mr Booker provides then thats fine - he might be expensive but thats up to you......but then you should test it yourself......how many people would just go straight out and start trading the clouds - I would bet plenty.

the most important thing that everyone misses is the original disclaimer.....you will likely loose money, this is high risk etc; etc; etc;

If anything maybe Mr Booker should add- "you are likely to loose money trading..., but this might help" in which case you would only have yourself to blame for only hearing what you want

plus you know what the one thing that every good con artist knows ---- you can only scam a scammer......so if he is, that kind of makes you one too.

Edited by SIUYA

..anyway, like I was saying, google up Rob Booker Scam and see what comes up, whats with Mysticforexs Avatar of Rob Booker?!

Is that his boyfriend? or is MysticForex Rob Booker himself? :doh:

I think Rob Booker's new Seminar/Webinar will get full attendance from his supporters of this thread....

Oh....I forgot...some of these supporters are Rob Booker /and or his employees posting messages using different userids

dude, grow up already.

You will be punished by being locked in a cell ony allowed to watch Rob Booker Forex Strategies, have you seen the latest on his website, its called the 'bearded clam' strategy, named after himself apparently :)

yeah me too, my brain hurt, did you like the way he tried to explain Ichimoku but then gave up, wtf.....:doh:

How dare you...You are questioning the capability of Rob Booker ?

Ha Ha Ha

Yuk Yuk Yuk

Rob Booker is great entertaintment...

He is very knowledgeable to Newbies only...

LMAO ...ROTFL...LOL

no I'm feeling sorry for myself posting here when I should be learning to trade

maybe I will check out Robs website after all..........:rofl:

then again maybe not :crap:

My opinion is that many people in this industry do come out with methods which can be questionable in quality. The thing is that they probably can in many cases claim that they make it work themselves. They should be asking themselves more thoroughly who they are willing to sell to, but that's their call.

I think that the people willing to pay several $k to anyone on trust like this really really need to be more discerning. Most newbies hear early on(or perhaps even before they start) that 95% of traders fail. So the question they need to ask(among many others) is do I think it is likely that I personally have stumbled across something which can really make me lots of money and for a comparitive pittance to what the future potential earning from it will be? That isn't generally the way things work. If anyone has a strategy good or bad, you need to be very patient, hard working and well capitalised to make a success of it.

I would point out with absolutely no personal bias here for anyone who is reading this, it is usually people who feel hard done by that shout the loudest. If anyone does well out of a system then they usually are at least much quieter about it if not completely keeping it to themselves.

Finally, I'd like to point out that TL is a place for intelligent debate. By all means vent your frustrations and opinions within reason. But remember to keep it that way. Apart from anything, anyone else reading the points you make is going to take far more away from it if you intelligently argue your points.

I didn't do it for the $2K per seminar he paid me. I would have done it for free.

Anything else 'Rob' pays you to do Mystic? :missy:

Guys you may want to remember this MysticPizza guy above is being paid to promote Rob Booker...:2c:

Changing directions a bit:

1) Can you briefly (briefly) explain what causes a market to move (i.e., what causes prices to change)?

2) Why do you choose GBP/CHF?

I did not choose GBP/CHF...Rob Booker asked all the 100 students to work only on GBP/CHF....he went on and on for 10 minutes explaining that this is the best pair in the world