Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

TL Exclusive! Rob Booker/Boris Schlossberg Webinar!

About 3 weeks ago my former Mentor and Friend Rob Booker got together with Boris Schlossberg, director of currency research at GFT, and frequent forex commentator on CNBC, and presented an invitation only webinar. Rob talked about a new method he is using on the 5 minute charts with EUR/USD. In addition, Boris gives some valuable insights on how the forex markets flow.

I Thought it was fantastic. When I spoke to Rob today I asked if I could share the webinar link with Traderslaboratory members. Being the gracious person that he is, he said of course.

Here is the link to the webinar:

http://tfl365.com/the-robboris-webinar-recording/

PS: I told Rob I think it will work on some other pairs as well. He asked me to test a few.

I'll keep you posted.

Which version of Photoshop is he using these days?

How should I know?

Connect, I'll be transparent. In the past Rob has hired me to conduct live seminars with him.

I didn't do it for the $2K per seminar he paid me. I would have done it for free. It was a chance to travel, meet other traders, make new friends, etc. Trading from home from 2AM to 10AM is lonely and boring.

I have sat beside him and watched him trade. He has also traded live on many webinars on FXStreet.

If you want to believe he is a marketer and not a trader, nothing I can say will change your mind.

So,

Why not watch the webinar, ignore any part you think is marketing, and just look at the method. If I didn't like it I would not have posted it.

( just closed a nice E/J short with it ).

PS: Rob did not pay me to start this thread. I have not done a seminar with him since Jan 2009.

How should I know?

Connect, I'll be transparent. In the past Rob has hired me to conduct live seminars with him.

I didn't do it for the $2K per seminar he paid me. I would have done it for free. It was a chance to travel, meet other traders, make new friends, etc. Trading from home from 2AM to 10AM is lonely and boring.

I have sat beside him and watched him trade. He has also traded live on many webinars on FXStreet.

If you want to believe he is a marketer and not a trader, nothing I can say will change your mind.

So,

Why not watch the webinar, ignore any part you think is marketing, and just look at the method. If I didn't like it I would not have posted it.

PS: Rob did not pay me to start this thread. I have not done a seminar with him since Jan 2009.

All I know is a simple thing...I joined his course around May 2010 and it was a batch of 30 students. After the course Rob made a group of my previous batch and my batch and the batch after me - a total of 100 -110 students.

All methods taught by Rob worked only in the time frame that he asked us to test which was 3 years back - Rob teaches a method and finds a time frame where his method works.

Rob regularly comes up with new methods which really resemble a currency robot and with aggressive marketing sells his method.

I feel that Rob Booker makes approx half a million dollars a year targeting new people

and all his methods lose money (Rob makes money and all his students lose money trading his methods)

All People who read this - Beware of Rob Booker

Most people lose money with any method good or bad.

But Rob Booker is different....he finds a time frame and builds a method and knowing that his method does not work - sells it.

He teaches only methods which do not work !!!

How should I know?

So,

Be careful paying any money to him or his cronies, a quick google search brings up the truth about Rob Booker :missy:

But Rob Booker is different....he finds a time frame and builds a method and knowing that his method does not work - sells it.

He teaches only methods which do not work !!!

I couldn't comment as I haven't actually looked at any of his methods myself. I would say I've heard the same kind of talk about methods which do work and methods which don't. I think the key things for people to understand if they want to pay for a strategy are:-

1) You must assess the method for yourself before deciding on whether you believe it may be good or not(most people will talk to you or give you a free trial if you are unsure).

2) Work out whether it might be a strategy which fits your personality and budget.

I couldn't comment as I haven't actually looked at any of his methods myself. I would say I've heard the same kind of talk about methods which do work and methods which don't. I think the key things for people to understand if they want to pay for a strategy are:-

1) You must assess the method for yourself before deciding on whether you believe it may be good or not(most people will talk to you or give you a free trial if you are unsure).

2) Work out whether it might be a strategy which fits your personality and budget.

This is exactly what I am saying.....

Rob Booker cannot fool knowledgeable people.

He only fools newbies - People who do not know anything and finally end up getting caught up in the Euphoria of Rob Booker who takes their money and fools them and basically sells them crap !!!

I have tried his methods and they do not work !!!

also, don't get caught up in the likes of Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg, Rob Bookers friends are marketeers, they may have made a few good books on technical analysis, but 'Kathy and Boris are The Milli Vanilli of Fx trading.' Boris and Kathy are nothing but huge Fx marketing machines...books....brokers...signal service...etc. If you new new to trading stay away from paying these people anything.

also, don't get caught up in the likes of Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossberg, Rob Bookers friends are marketeers, they may have made a few good books on technical analysis, but 'Kathy and Boris are The Milli Vanilli of Fx trading.' Boris and Kathy are nothing but huge Fx marketing machines...books....brokers...signal service...etc. If you new new to trading stay away from paying these people anything.

I do not know anything about Kathy Lien and Boris Schlossbert

I got trapped by Rob Booker at FXCM expo Las Vegas in 2010

All I know is that Rob Booker intentionally teaches methods which do not work...

I guess Rob feels that how can he teach people to make money

what "You expect to make money from a $2000 course" - This is Rob's theory...!!!

Other people - I have no idea...Rob Booker I am sure - his methods do not work !!!

Does this mean that Rob Booker has not paid his fees - for the domain piptopia.com - piptopia Resources and Information. This website is for sale!

This is exactly what people like Rob Booker do - They market under a certain name

and every few months/years re-invent themselves and their methods and their domains

When http://www.piptopia gets hot....and people start complaining about

method A, B, C

Rob moves to another domain and another method...

guess what - he makes another half million teaching crap and hiding behind the disclaimer

"Forex Tading is dangerous and you could loose all the money you invest" - or some such disclaimer - dont go by the exact words - but the meaning is the same

Rob Booker has learnt how to game the system - teach crap and hide behind disclaimers

Ok, You win. I am not going to argue with you.

" No good deed goes unpunished".

A) I do not wish to comment about the other person Boris Schlossberg or about any other Foreign exchange trainer...

B) More than 100 people who attended Rob Bookers course found that his methods do work in the year that he asked them to test (2007...I think) but his methods failed miserably with huge losses in 2010....He was asked the question and replied Foreign exchange trading is dangerous or something like that

@mysticforex - Please remember I am not commenting about other people and I am not trying to win an argument....

I am just telling you the experience of more than 100 people

Please do not try to generalise this....

Rob Booker builds his course which works only in specific conditions and is not suitable for all market conditions

Today - You cannot say if the next week the market will be trending or ranging

does anyone know if any particular currency will move in which direction and by how much in the next week ?

Exactly....but any system or method which is built for a subset of conditions will fail because it is a currency robot kind of method and currency robots unless they are highly sofisticated fail miserably

What I am trying to say that Rob Booker knows that his methods do not work !!!!

...there was nothing to win or lose. Here's one for Rob Booker.

'Honesty doesn't always pay, but dishonesty always costs.'

Not true. The dream of thousands of people who like to believe that they are honest - wishful and perhaps self-righteous thinking. But generations of politicians prove otherwise. As do the founders of many of the biggest businesses and clans like the Kennedys.

Rob B might or might not be somewhat honest. I watched the video and could make money doing something like that but why bother. Why add another stupid indicator to a chart that told you more without it?

Probably to sell courses. Honest or otherwise. Whether he's a trader or otherwise.

Why add another stupid indicator to a chart that told you more without it?

Probably to sell courses. Honest or otherwise. Whether he's a trader or otherwise.

Rob Booker is not a trader - He is a person who is can sell snow to the Eskimos

He is just looking for another method to distinguish himself from the others

and convince the newbies that he can teach them how to make millions

Rob Booker is A total scamster in my honest opinion.

He could not convince a seasoned person like Kiwi in his video....correct ?

Rob Booker is A total scamster in my honest opinion.

About 6 years ago I attended a couple free presentations by Rob Booker at different trading groups in the LA area. Back then it was obvious, to any experienced trader, that he was a snake oil salesman preying on newbies.

After all these years I'm a little surprised he hasn't figured out how to trade. But as they say 'those who can, do: those who can't teach.'

It is interesting at the end of the webinar...

someone comments "now you going to try and sell us something"

Rob used his joking loose attitude to shake it off, then he did some Neurolinguistic

Programming mindtrick to flip people into thinking he was doing them some sort of favor by giving them a free trial on his new website, but going there you quickly find out the trial is only 4 days, then he wants $40 a month....u have to give the credit card up front, you will forget to cancel and he'll get the US wealth points.

Surely that is an easy buy for some, that is like the spread of 1 lot in some pairs. You get a glance of his paypal account...surely he is selling them like cookies, when you get coverage like Rob you can easily pull in alot of attention....easily 40k a month or so, probably alot more than traders like us who work day in and day out without the support of our forex marketing activities for our bread can easily conceive.

Then all these strategies have hip sounding names, the 'Wallabe' the 'Arizona Rules' and his seminars have cool hip looking logos, like Rob in Hawaii, etc. Just makes u sick, but this sort of thing hooks the newbie, who gave it a shot, lost some money, is tired of searching thru the forums and think they can easily just throw some money at happy rich easy-going sort of guy like they would like to be when they are finally successful to sort it out for them...just to be deeply disappointed that absolutely no one can do this for them. There are not short-cuts, you got to do your own homework and spend your time in the market learning the ropes. After awhile the Jedi mindtricks of the forex marketers just don't work anymore. Perhaps part of you dislikes the blatant manipulation and the other part wonders if perhaps you should start some website selling your own systems, learn SEO and writing ad copy with psychologically manipulative sales tactic and start a lucrative sideline selling crap to newbies....

....but really is that why you got into trading....

I do indeed sign relief when I see the various forex marketing review sites that have cropped up, allowing others to share their experiences and feel glad I didn't get suckers by the Rob Booker thang, and actually glad there is at least something out there people can google before their purchase if they are wise enough to vet for these things before their purchase.

Indeed, when I was a newbie I just gave my money to other marketers. I am immune to them now, but after a tough day in the markets ( which still happens after 7 years of trading) I can still feel a little tingle in my head thinking "why not dump this strategy and try this other thing with 'guarenteed' results, etc...but I catch my thoughts and think "No I am the expert now, not those other fuckers, I am the one that knows best, I don't need those other people's stuff, I got a good piece of grey matter between my eyes and I will prevail...and if I screw up I will pick myself up and study more, work more, analysis more, etc" This Rob Booker guy doesn't have anything special my own brain is not able of doing on its own.

btw anyone who doesn't want to part with the large chunk of cash 'educators' like Boris or Rob cost is indeed encouraged to get a seminal work on technical analysis.

Try

Technical Analysis of Stock Trends 9th edition by Edwards & Mcgee

it doesn't matter if you just want to trade forex or not, the basic solid grounding in the

essential elements of technical analysis will put you well ahead of anything you can

buy from Rob Booker. Boris has some good thoughts which he mostly gives out for

free anyhow. You don't need to pay Boris to trade flow, the calendar calls are mostly

wrong and although apparently the actually trades called based on them have good

performance, I did try them and found they did not suit me...

Frankly I followed many signal services, and I just found I cannot follow anyone else.

The best is to learn for yourself, make your own mind up. Don;t be a sheep...a follower