Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Mysticforex

What Are You Watching Today ?

I would like to get this thread going so we could let each other know what pairs we are watching.

We can't watch all the pairs all the time. Sometimes I am following a pair so closely I become myopic and miss opportunities elsewhere.

You can be as in depth as you like, post charts ( not mandatory ), or just give a buy or sell bias. We all know how to read charts so we can figure the rest out for ourselves.

I have been following the AUD/USD for several weeks now. Scalping up and down within a range, that lately has been edging lower recently.

GBP/USD and AUD/USD --> sell on rallies preferred

AUD/CAD--> did not touch this pair yet but it seems like it is going to reach 1.0260

USD/THB--> anywhere near 30 is good for opening a long

03/20/12

Will be watching GBP/JPY for a slight correction to the 1.3090 area ( Weekly Pivot ).

Then, who knows? will re evaluate.

I will also be keeping an eye on Oblivions gbp/chf. I used to trade that pair a lot.

When it gets wound up like that it usually pops pretty good.

I like that... will add that to my "Watch List". Am also watching G/J and E/J.

don't forget to pay attention to time frames on the charts that I post.

30m-1h charts are just for short time trades..at least for me :roll eyes:

I would certainly like to see us press to and then through 1.30 on the euro before the end of the week. I am expecting new decade lows, but it's not something that I would expect to happen very soon. When we get below 1.3, having a short position from above 1.3 will be awesome trade location.

I would certainly like to see us press to and then through 1.30 on the euro before the end of the week. I am expecting new decade lows, but it's not something that I would expect to happen very soon. When we get below 1.3, having a short position from above 1.3 will be awesome trade location.

shorting aud/usd seems safer imo, pair may hit 1.0255, 1.0115 before eur/usd breaks 1.3..and once 1.3 is gone aud/usd will reach 0.9872 :roll eyes:

shorting aud/usd seems safer imo, pair may hit 1.0255, 1.0115 before eur/usd breaks 1.3..and once 1.3 is gone aud/usd will reach 0.9872 :roll eyes:

Agree, Aud safer. I eventually see 9773....

I am not a Candlestick trader, however, I don't like the look of yesterdays daily candle.

Also, we rarely see a 200 - 300 pip move these days. It's more like 30 pips a day, then a slight retrace up. I have had shorts all the way from 108xx, but always exit with 30 - 50 pips.

A lot of them though, so it might almost equal out.

One of my weaknesses as a trader has been holding trades that carry a negative roll.

In general I think the less time you hold any position, the less "at risk" you are.

aud.thumb.gif.86740895fbf8899078a17b7d40353cbe.gif

In general I think the less time you hold any position, the less "at risk" you are.

You are right on the money. The flip side to that, though, is that you also limit your potential gain if you limit your risk.

You can't leave a position on overnight to catch the whole move if you want to trade with a large leveraged position like you would if you were trying to catch, say, a 30-50 pip move with a 10 pip stop. There is a great likelihood that you can wake up and your account is gone with that type of leverage on and it still will go in the right direction without you in it.

I have been short the euro since early March. I am really trying to get "positioned" which I have yet to accomplish, so my position is still small and would hurt only the most sensitive of individuals if it ended up getting stopped out (again). If I do get positioned, then I will add a lot more to the trade, but at that point, when the position is larger, the risk of loss will be nearly zero with the trade.

The comparison is this: Are you better off taking the 30-50 scalps for 300-500 usd gain risking 100USD each time, or would you have been better off you initially risking 100 usd on a smaller position and leveraging the gain as it moved in your favor? Scalping the move down, you can, perhaps, make/take money every day if things work out in your favor and you know what you are doing. If you were able to catch the whole move from 1.08ish down to 1.00ish, you can make anywhere from 8k to about 30k if you know what you are doing and things work out in your favor, starting out with the same 100USD potential risk.

There is really no right "answer" the above. It's all about style, stamina, temperament, greed, etc.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Date: 29th March 2024. GBPUSD Analysis: The Pound Trades Higher But For How Long? The global Stocks Markets are closed due to Easter Friday (Good Friday). The NASDAQ continued to follow the sideways trend while other indices again rose. The SNP500 reaches an all-time high, but the NASDAQ remains under pressure from Tesla, Meta and Apple. The Euro continues to trade lower against all major currencies including the US Dollar, Euro and Japanese Yen. The British Pound is the best performing currency during this morning’s Asian session. However, investors are largely fixing their attention on this afternoon’s Core PCE Price Index. GBPUSD – The Pound Trades Higher but For How Long? The GBPUSD is slightly higher than the day’s open and is primary due to the Pound’s strong performance. At the moment, the British Pound is increasing in value against all major currencies. However, the US Dollar Index is also trading 0.10% higher and for this reason there is a slight conflict here. If investors wish to avoid this conflict, the EURUSD is a better option. This is because, the Euro depreciating against the whole currency market avoiding the “tug-of-war” scenario. The GBPUSD is trading slightly lower than the 2-month’s average price and is trading at 49.10 on the RSI. For this reason, the price of the exchange is at a “neutral” level and is signalling neither a buy nor a sell. The day’s price action and future signals are possibly likely to be triggered by this afternoon’s Core PCE Price Index. Analysts expect the Core PCE Price Index to read 0.3% which is slightly lower than the previous month but will result in the annual figure remaining at 2.85%. The PCE rate is different to the inflation rate and the Fed aims for a rate between 1.5% to 2.00%. Therefore, even if the annual rate remains at 2.85%, as analysts expect, it would be too high for the Fed. If the rate increases, even if only slightly, the US Dollar can again renew bullish momentum and the stock market can come under pressure. This includes the SNP500. Investors are focused on the publication of data on the UK’s gross domestic product (GDP) for the last quarter of 2023: the quarterly figures decreased by 0.3%, and 0.2% over the past 12-months. This confirms the state of a shallow recession and the need for stimulation. The data, combined with a cooling labor market and a steady decline in inflation, increase the likelihood that the Bank of England will soon begin interest rate cuts. In the latest meeting the Bank of England representatives did not see any members vote for a hike. USA500 – The SNP500 Rises to New Highs, But Cannot Hold Onto Gains! The price of the SNP500 rises to an all-time high, before correcting 0.33% and ending the day slightly lower than the open price. Nonetheless, the index performs better than the NASDAQ which came under pressure from Tesla, Meta and Apple which hold a higher weight compared to the SNP500. For the SNP500, these 3 stocks hold a weight of 9.25%, whereas the 3 stocks make up 14.63% of the NASDAQ. The SNP500 is also supported by ExxonMobil’s gains due to higher energy prices. The market will remain closed on Friday due to Easter. However, the market will reopen on Monday for the US and investors can expect high volatility. Investors will also need to take into consideration how the PCE Price Index and the changed value of the US Dollar is likely to affect the stock market next week. Always trade with strict risk management. Your capital is the single most important aspect of your trading business. Please note that times displayed based on local time zone and are from time of writing this report. Click HERE to access the full HFM Economic calendar. Want to learn to trade and analyse the markets? Join our webinars and get analysis and trading ideas combined with better understanding on how markets work. Click HERE to register for FREE! Click HERE to READ more Market news. Michalis Efthymiou Market Analyst HFMarkets Disclaimer: This material is provided as a general marketing communication for information purposes only and does not constitute an independent investment research. Nothing in this communication contains, or should be considered as containing, an investment advice or an investment recommendation or a solicitation for the purpose of buying or selling of any financial instrument. All information provided is gathered from reputable sources and any information containing an indication of past performance is not a guarantee or reliable indicator of future performance. Users acknowledge that any investment in FX and CFDs products is characterized by a certain degree of uncertainty and that any investment of this nature involves a high level of risk for which the users are solely responsible and liable. We assume no liability for any loss arising from any investment made based on the information provided in this communication. This communication must not be reproduced or further distributed without our prior written permission.
    • MT4 is good and will be good until their parent company keep updating the software, later mt4 users will have to switch to mt5.
    • $SOUN SoundHound AI stock at 5.91 support area , see https://stockconsultant.com/?SOUN
    • $ELEV Elevation Oncology stock bull flag breakout watch , see https://stockconsultant.com/?ELEV
    • $AVDX AvidXchange stock narrow range breakout watch above 13.32 , see https://stockconsultant.com/?AVDX

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.