Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mitsubishi

Beyond Taylor

...Since two central themes to Taylor is to consider the prev H/L's and to get in/out of a trade early in the session (based on the fact that the the H/L often comes early) we could consider this problem of identifying a higher low in terms of Taylor's,main themes (aside from using other extrinsic methods for identifying a price zone that would probably hold support)...On any day the market closes up almost always the low is made first.On any day the market is down the high is most often made first...

1. Yesterday on 9.25.13 on the ES, the market closed "down" with the high being made first today.

2. On 9.24.13, the market closed "down" with the non high being made first on 9.25.13

3. On 9.23.13, a Monday, the market closed "down" with the non high being made first on 9.24.13

4. On 9.20.13, a Friday, the market closed "down" with the high made being made first on 9.23.13

5. on 9.19.13, the market closed "down" with the high made being first on 9.20.13

Hence, this sample shows a complicated picture. It shows a problem of generalization. "1," "4" and "5" reflect the "rule" suggested by Mitsubishi. "2" and "3" reflect an "exception" to the "rule" suggested by Mitsubishi. Hence the generalization seems to reflect, based upon this severely limited sample size, that more often than not if a market closes "down," the high is made first. BUT, the exceptions to the rule are almost as numerous as the exemplifications of the rule.

Hence, it could be that the extrinsic methods of analysis could be impactful in suggesting how to work with the Taylor "rules" (albeit a "rule" suggested by Mitsubishi) vs. the Taylor "rules" themselves applied "mechanically."

Recap for taylor trading 9-26

9-26 was a BUY DAY after rephasing with possible multiple opportunities as i mentioned in a previous post, I Patuca, made yesterday. Did you write that little paragraph down? Please do so immediately in the margin of your taylor book on a buy day explanation page.

I missed the trade from low to high on buy day ( first leg) i was doing something

Trade #1 was a taylor high made early in the session (night) and good for shorting. See high end number posted 9-25 for 9-26. I did short. But exited where i thought the pullback would start. Captured 2.75 pts.

Trade#2 i was sleepy but wanted to captured at least 4 points before zzzzzzzz. So, after trade left PB i jumped on the train for another 1.25 pts then off to sleep.

Because of sleep deprivation i was in bed and totally missed the low to high on a BUY DAY for the RTH.

Trade#3 i got my lard a$$ awake with coffee, looked the situation over...saw it was early in the RTH's session and that i had missed the first leg up but since it was still before 11 a.m. I expected a slide down for a fourth taylor leg. So, i am chomping at the bit and drinking cafe just waiting to pounce.. When i see the slide down start i strike like a snake and enter the market. When it gets to where i think there will be a PB i jump out with 1.5 pts.

Trade#4 I bid my time waiting for the PB to end. When i see the trend down start back i enter again and hold to where i think another PB will happen and exit capturing 3.5 pts I am done for the day.

I figure price will meander around the rest of the day and i also have other things to do.

Total results: the daily range has been 10.75. I captured 9 points of that by taking 4 trades based on Taylor's theories ...concepts...etc. This look much better. I think i should be capturing between 50% and 75% of the daily range. I am getting better at it.. Capitán Bob where be thee? You put me up to this malarky and then suggested the index over stocks. I accepted the challenge. You said the index would eat me up or something like that...then you disappeared and we, have seen, nor heard, hide nor hair, of you or from you. Are you counting your gold or playing golf?

I did not keep track of my trades i.e. How many winners..how many losers..(someone can go thru the posts since this experiment started and count them) i just have the sense i had more winners than losers and made money on net as opposed to losing. Even if it was play money in a demo account on a simulator. I generally don't keep track of trades or diaries ..journals...i do mentally record mistakes and successes..i.e. Important points about them and sometimes make brief notes on the fly.... But then i also don't keep check book registers :rofl: :rofl: i just go to an ATM machine..pop one of my bank cards in there and ask for money. If there is any there it gives it to me. If not well....too bad too sad...i also don't balance bank statements...not sure where i got all this BS as i was not raised that way. Dad and Mom keep meticulous records and if off 1.00 in their check register it really bothers them. I could care less about such stuff..life is too short..gotta live it...

You may ask why did you not just hold thru the P.B. and cut down on comm costs and avoid slippage on re-entry. Well because with the ES i have seen too many times you get a big down bar..low close..think it will continue down..and on the very next bar it blast back up wiping out 2 to 4 points profit..then puts a trade in the hole. Just too much reversion on the ES. I also just like grabbing profits when the market gives them to me, plus, brokers have to make a living on comm...:rofl: :rofl::rofl: they do provide a service you know...:haha:

Well one more day..tomm of this nonsense and i gotta stop. I think i may have demonstrated that taylor principles can be used on the indices too. Sure i made some mistakes but i am learning. I haven't traded taylor for a while. I do think that with the indices it is better to get the taylor bias's and trade in that direction scalping out at PB's and entering again on trend resumptions. Too many reversions in indices. Over the long haul i have the sense it will chip away at a taylor "enter and hold" till moves ends strategy.

Will post tomm numbers after close today. Hope someone is getting something out of this experiment. My typing finger s getting sore (i peck) and it takes alot of time and effort to post this stuff and annotate charts..etc.. I try to do it detailed enough so that if a viewer of this thread had never heard of taylor he might could figure it out via live demo trading examples.

I give myself an A+ but then i am biased. :rofl: :rofl: so i will stick with an :applaud::applaud: and a pat on the back over my shoulder..The forum would probally give me D- some may be even an F- :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Please note by rephasing to a buy day i got a bagfull of strategies to employ today with Taylors permission and nod..may he rest in peace. I think if he would have had computers he too would have employed recycling or rephasing..whatever youwant to call it.

Patuca

Ps there was another trade inthe record..see grafic. I ddn't count above it as it was inconsequential..jest a posturing for position...if you add it to bal makes profit today be $462.50 trading 1 contract.

image.thumb.jpg.3f9c039c6d151f5e19a328f8d5f17200.jpg

Edited by Patuca

Is recyclying/rephasing only possible once per day?

Have you found it applicable on all days of the cycle (Buy, Sell and Short)?

one can try recycling several times over the day but the key times would be around 10:30 to 11:00 a.m of the RTH's to give any other possible trading opportunities if no taylor trade presented itself by that time. And 1.5 hours before the close to see if you get a recyling to a day 1 so as to go long on an HB that has held all day and not break taylors rules. :rofl: :rofl: But. In short you can recycle anytime, all day long. However, most of the time rephasing doesn't change the day cycle. That is, the software alerts me to try to rephases and when i clik the rephase button nothing changes.

It is applicable to any of the three days.

For ES DEC CONTRACT 9-27-2013

High end - 1697

Low end - 1685

DAY OF CYCLE - SELL DAY

Strategy I will sell any longs held from 9-26 and do so early in session of 9-27 (however i have none!) I plan on going long on any BV if made early in the session.

Balance end of 9-26 is 53,550.00 and is also the begining bal for next session 9-26 5:00 pm to 4:15 9-27

DO NOT COPY THESE TRADES. THIS IS NOT FOR REAL TRADING. ONLY FOR INFORMATION. YOU CAN LOSE ALL YOUR MONEY TRADING FUTURES. ANY TRADING IS DONE IN A DEMO ACCOUNT ONLY.

image.jpg.6a1da673d84fc9746ed77f57f1d1b007.jpg

Edited by Patuca

1. Yesterday on 9.25.13 on the ES, the market closed "down" with the high being made first today.

2. On 9.24.13, the market closed "down" with the non high being made first on 9.25.13

3. On 9.23.13, a Monday, the market closed "down" with the non high being made first on 9.24.13

4. On 9.20.13, a Friday, the market closed "down" with the high made being made first on 9.23.13

5. on 9.19.13, the market closed "down" with the high made being first on 9.20.13

Hence, this sample shows a complicated picture. It shows a problem of generalization. "1," "4" and "5" reflect the "rule" suggested by Mitsubishi. "2" and "3" reflect an "exception" to the "rule" suggested by Mitsubishi. Hence the generalization seems to reflect, based upon this severely limited sample size, that more often than not if a market closes "down," the high is made first. BUT, the exceptions to the rule are almost as numerous as the exemplifications of the rule.

Hence, it could be that the extrinsic methods of analysis could be impactful in suggesting how to work with the Taylor "rules" (albeit a "rule" suggested by Mitsubishi) vs. the Taylor "rules" themselves applied "mechanically."

The rule applies to SPX.

The statistics so far this year

Week closes up- low should print 1st

SPX closed up on the week 26 times

24 times the low came 1st

Week closes down-high should print 1st

SPX closed down on the week 12 times

11 times the high printed 1st

UP days- low should print 1st

SPX closed up 112 days

98 times the low printed 1st

DOWN days the high should print 1st

SPX closed down 74 days

61 times the high printed 1st

I would say the rule is pretty robust in the context that i mentioned it.

The rule applies to SPX.

The statistics so far this year

Week closes up- low should print 1st

SPX closed up on the week 26 times

24 times the low came 1st

Week closes down-high should print 1st

SPX closed down on the week 12 times

11 times the high printed 1st

UP days- low should print 1st

SPX closed up 112 days

98 times the low printed 1st

DOWN days the high should print 1st

SPX closed down 74 days

61 times the high printed 1st...

The broadening of the sample makes sense and the figures above are highly suggestive.

There could be, however, two complications in the amassing of the statistics for the "close" "rule" and "the printing first" "rule":

1. the method by which a person is to determine what constitutes a negative close vs. a positive close vs. a neutral close.

and

2. the method by which a person is to determine what constitutes the printing first of the "high" and the "low."

For example, involving "2," there are times, when the price seems to be horizontal or about the price level of the previous close and after that the price rallies. Presumably that could represent the printing of the "low" for the day and the "high" is constructed after that. In that case, an argument could be made that the "low printed first." But from a different standpoint, that initial range behavior could be interpreted as a part of the formation of the "high" for the day. Hence the "high" is being "printed first." This ambiguity could affect the amassing of the statistics of the printing first of the "high" or "low" similarly to the ambiguity at times of determining whether a positive close happened, a negative close happened or a neutral close happened--not to mention that of whether to classify a neutral close as belonging to the negative close category, the positive close category or a category unto itself.

Edited by LSTTT

Interesting to see how Patuca is comparing his results with the daily range and aiming to capture as much as possible.

I think he's done a great job.I can see him being a master at this desspite his rather bohemian lifestyle and preference for scalping.

Patuca- do you believe that you could trade Taylor just knowing his rules and without the cycle?You have made discretionary decisions in this journal based on experience and your market view.I know you mentioned recycling threw up trading opportunties,but are you saying you would not have spotted them anyway had you given it your full concentration?

Interesting to see how Patuca is comparing his results with the daily range and aiming to capture as much as possible.

I think he's done a great job.I can see him being a master at this desspite his rather bohemian lifestyle and preference for scalping.

Patuca- do you believe that you could trade Taylor just knowing his rules and without the cycle?You have made discretionary decisions in this journal based on experience and your market view.I know you mentioned recycling threw up trading opportunties,but are you saying you would not have spotted them anyway had you given it your full concentration?

i don't know about that...each day of cycle has its own rules..i am afraid i'd find myself in a trading quagmire. I have no problem recycling days as long as i know what day it is (whether recycled or not) i know what tactics to use and rules to follow or break:rofl::rofl: iffin i can remember them. I can see when a market trends up or down and can scalp from open to close with nary a peek at taylor but taylor can help to give an anticipatory bias to the major direction of the daily trend and projections of penetrations or failures to penetrate along with probable stopping points. However, i don't need mr taylor to scalp. I can jump in any time of day and start scalping with nary a market direction in mind and scalp both long and short sides the complete session as long as my brain works and does not get muddled. However scalping in the direction of the taylor major daily trend does put odds in a scalpers modus operandi. To counter trend scalp requires extreme precision and the ability to change your mind in a split second...but with trend scalping gives one time to relax abit and get a chew of bacca or drink a cold one....so bottom line mr taylor unwittingly has helped the poor lost souls of our generation better known as "the scalpers" or market slicers..or manual hft traders..etc...

Think you could send over a bohemian beer?...ice cold?....i do like nice things..nice ladies..nice..beer..nice moto's..nice trades...and big fish....capt bob likes golf...i ain't got time to chase little balls around on the grass and try to knock them into a little holes...

Edited by Patuca

To be honest i do not know why windbags software is calling for 9-27 complete session to be a SELL DAY. Maybe it will rephase mid morning of the RTH. I suppose the software detects what price action best suits the day cycle? Maybe it is saying look for the high to be made first for selling longs purchased on previous session then look for a lower low to be made? I guess time will tell.

Mits..yes i look at ranges..previous day range...anticipatory range for next session..average range...expected range...simliar to anticipatory range..i perceive taylor trading especially the day trading to be organized around capturing a good portion of the daily range even though in the strictest sense his rally goes from buy day low to sell day high and decline SS DAY high to buy day low.

The broadening of the sample makes sense and the figures above are highly suggestive.

There could be, however, two complications in the amassing of the statistics for the "close" "rule" and "the printing first" "rule":

1. the method by which a person is to determine what constitutes a negative close vs. a positive close vs. a neutral close.

and

2. the method by which a person is to determine what constitutes the printing first of the "high" and the "low."

For example, involving "2," there are times, when the price seems to be horizontal or about the price level of the previous close and after that the price rallies. Presumably that could represent the printing of the "low" for the day and the "high" is constructed after that. In that case, an argument could be made that the "low printed first." But from a different standpoint, that initial range behavior could be interpreted as a part of the formation of the "high" for the day. Hence the "high" is being "printed first." This ambiguity could affect the amassing of the statistics of the printing first of the "high" or "low" similarly to the ambiguity at times of determining whether a positive close happened, a negative close happened or a neutral close happened--not to mention that of whether to classify a neutral close as belonging to the negative close category, the positive close category or a category unto itself.

Those statistics alone,like statistics in general are not the whole story.The statistics on their own do not provide an edge.Because as you suggest in realtime trading things are not certain.I maintain that some discretion and assumption must be employed using Taylor.But it is based on probability.The tools you use to weigh that probability either work well or they don't.

So many variables.I remember off the top of my head a day when we hit 1661.8 early on the return from 1627 low.I felt quite confident that would be the high and we dropped 21 points only to rally to the true high 1664.8.

It does not matter.We are trying to make money not be right about everything.This is what i call making money by being wrong.

On another day you can nail the low,.hold all day for a lousy 7 points.

21 points calling the high wrongly is better than getting 7 points for being right.

This is where real trading takes a fork in the road ftrom pure theory.And i'd really like to know at this point outta curiosity (and for the 2nd time of asking) Do you actually trade?

I appreciate your contribution here.And also the fact that it was you who revived this thread from the vault.Had you not done that we would not be seeing Patuca at work here (though Bob instigated it) which has been a pleasure.

Now,many of us have had to go back to the drawing board after being taught a few hard lessons by the market.So we all appreciate the value of study and theory,testing and preparing hard.But in trading you need balls.Sorry to be blunt.But i think this is a stupid risky bastard of a business to be in and you really have to feel you belong in it..'cos it really makes no sense on paper.Probably balls and instinct tempered with risk control will out trade intellect 9 times out of 10.

Livermore blew his brains out.A few people threw themselves out of windows during the crisis.Some are in jail.Some will be going to jail.Some are near enough psychopaths and 90% or so wish they'd never gone near it

And the only reason i say that is i sense (hopefully wrongly,but still applies maybe to some readers) that you believe you will quantify all the risk out of it to the point where you feel comfortable.To the point where you could work your way up and say i've made it.Where you feel you have security and a plannable future lifestyle way beyond average.And the reality is you risk more than money in this game,you risk your mental health unless you can accept the idea of uncertainty,not just in the market,but in your personal life.

You cannot change the nature of risk by quantification.Some very clever and rich people have proved that to the point of almost global bankruptcy.All you can do is live with it or not.Most cannot.That's the bigger issue,not whether you can trade.

I wouldn't make this sort of committment if i was in my 20's.Life is too short and should be enjoyed.

And all of that just gets exaggerated 10 fold for the retail trader.

Having said all that....i love it:rofl:

i don't know about that...each day of cycle has its own rules..i am afraid i'd find myself in a trading quagmire. I have no problem recycling days as long as i know what day it is (whether recycled or not) i know what tactics to use and rules to follow or break:rofl::rofl: iffin i can remember them. I can see when a market trends up or down and can scalp from open to close with nary a peek at taylor but taylor can help to give an anticipatory bias to the major direction of the daily trend and projections of penetrations or failures to penetrate along with probable stopping points. However, i don't need mr taylor to scalp. I can jump in any time of day and start scalping with nary a market direction in mind and scalp both long and short sides the complete session as long as my brain works and does not get muddled. However scalping in the direction of the taylor major daily trend does put odds in a scalpers modus operandi. To counter trend scalp requires extreme precision and the ability to change your mind in a split second...but with trend scalping gives one time to relax abit and get a chew of bacca or drink a cold one....so bottom line mr taylor unwittingly has helped the poor lost souls of our generation better known as "the scalpers" or market slicers..or manual hft traders..etc...

Think you could send over a bohemian beer?...ice cold?....i do like nice things..nice ladies..nice..beer..nice moto's..nice trades...and big fish....capt bob likes golf...i ain't got time to chase little balls around on the grass and try to knock them into a little holes...

I don't think we're exactly poles apart ..;)

BTW because pf price action in night session the cycle has rephased again this morning. It is a BUY DAY. That basically means when i think the bottom is holding i can go long. While waiting i have already captured over 5 points scalping trading 1 contract. Got to leave the house so may missed a good portion of the move up but i will jump in when i can. I want to see it break above resistance and hold. Then break back up.

Patuca

Here are the scalping profits made this morning..1 contract...we may end up with a range bound day. If so all can do is scalp and try to make another 200 or 300 hundred. And not lose what i have.

However we could still get the taylor move..

image.jpg.dce77553c8a40811c8e1eb6f99779544.jpg

have made discretionary decisions in this journal based on experience and your market view.I know you mentioned recycling threw up trading opportunties,but are you saying you would not have spotted them anyway had you given it your full concentration?

mits you calling this a journal...i detest journals...i thought this was just an experiment..and a taking up of a challenge el capitán pasted on this thread for the whole world to see. Please not a journal or pink diary book.....:(

Journals and diaries may be for LSTTT since she is a lady or zdo masquerading as a lady....

I am a trader not a writer......

Now if you were taylor trading based a today 9-27 being a SELL DAY as it was projected to be at the close of 9-26 then you would have been looking for a BV to have been made early in the session and that would have been fine. So you would have entered probally on the reversal bar of 9:05 (5 minute chart) around 1681 or 1682 and be exiting right now at 1686 bar 11:35 CDT as your BV by this time had traded up to and thru the previous days low (1685.75). Your taylor trade is done for the day. You don't want to follow the BV up too far in a weak market. Or you may have exited 1 hour earlier on bar 10:35 at 1686. Point is you would have made 4 or 5 points.

But, since i have the ability to rephase and i did, the cycle changed from SELL DAY to a BUY DAY so i decided to switch tactics and trade it as a BUY DAY. In the meantime while waiting for a break to the upside (BUY DAY break) i just scalped this morning using 1 contract. Right now i am a 287.50 profit. If it doesn't head north soon like in the next 30 minutes i will have switch tactics again...call off Taylor trading for the day, (because it s a BUY DAY for me so in the afternoon it can't hold a higher bottom which would be my only option left because it has already made a lower low). I will have to go to my famous ATM strategy already publically disclosed for public use on the gold thread. ...but i don't think anyone uses it. :rofl: :rofl:

Or i could choose to break taylors rules for buy day if we get an afternoon rally (ain't rules made for breaking anyway??) :rofl: :rofl::rofl::haha::haha: I am already stretching them like a rubber band, for today!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Point here is, if you had no rephasing abilities then you would have been jest fine trading PA as a taylor SELL DAY and taking your 4 or 5 points today and taking the lady out to eat tonight.

Patuca

PS don't let all the rephasing concern you. You don't have to have it to taylor trade. It generally just creates more trading opportunities because of analomies in PA and helps keep one on the right side of the major trend for the day. Most of the time i do not have this much rephasing of the days taking place. Either alot of something is happening in PA or WHY?'s software is going fickle on me.

Edited by Patuca

mits you calling this a journal...i detest journals...i thought this was just an experiment..and a taking up of a challenge el capitán pasted on this thread for the whole world to see. Please not a journal or pink diary book.....:(

Journals and diaries may be for LSTTT since she is a lady or zdo masquerading as a lady....

I am a trader not a writer......

Noted

Challenging the choice of word seems to be all the rage this season..Zdo detests Fractal and prefers fractmit. and Patuca prefers experiment to journal.

Mits- Great news guys! I found da holy grail..here it is...:)

Bobcollett_ Looks good mits...but where's the moon ?..I don't see any moons in it

Patuca- I prefer scalping da holy grail.One Ferrari and a bicycle is enough for me Drinks are on you though:cheers:

LSTTT- As I contemplate da holy grail.i find many variables and alternative credible,scenarios.One could trade da holy grail in the manner suggested by Mitsubishi,or be more philosophical (more than me) regarding the carbon based life form known as humanity,with all it's implications,which at times can be very less than human,juxtaposed alongside promising theoretical protocols with a more neutral view on where the market is trading and where,within certain parameters and confines and constucts it could theoretically trade to in 27 minutes time(for example).... (edited..heavily)

Patuca- I like nice beer,nice cars and right now...intellectual women.

Mits- everyone got a drink?

Zdo- I question...

Mits- What?

Zdo I question da holy grail.

Bobcollett- he does have a point and mr horshoes said as much..and.there's no moons in it.

Mits- What do you mean?..you question da holy grail TM....:doh::crap::angry::rofl::haha:

Zdo I question it and I can choose to spell euqsiotn in any manner I choose without any particular reason and without further notice to you,the community here,the wider world and to future alien civilizations when we discover them,and....

Mits- are you denying what can plainly be seen by everyone?

Zdo-not denying bud,that would be fuzzy logic,Just questioning,challenging,and generally trying to raise your standards from the gutter that through no fault of your own you are saddled with.Comon mits,leave the gutter and embrace the light.

JohnW- careful when considering getting ahead of da holy grail.To be in front is one thing but ahead is quite another...otherwise keep up with this excellent party..and don't park your Ferrari near the gutter.:missy:

Mits- zdo,just how exacting are your standards regarding your own eyesight when gazing upon da holy grail?

Zdo- I don't have exacting standards re my eyesight,which is why after many hard years traversing the learning curve I prefer to scale in slowly to what i'm seeing rather than tooling up for BLIND acceptance..:cool:

Mits- well take a look at my statement..loadsa money..

Zdo-statements are all very well,but I have a political problem with it being called da holy grail..howabout holyfrac!

Mits- but ...:confused:..i'm filthy stinking rich...

Zdo-listen,bud.far be it from me to attempt to derail your new lavish lifestyle...

Patuca- i'm dying of thirst over here...too much talk,not enough partying going on at this party.

Zdo....far be it from me to attempt to derail ...

Mits- yes..yes I got that bit..years ago..

Zdo- but I question the word "da".Invent a new word at this point in your life ..that's all because if you don't i'm right,and you can carry on being wrong until i'm blue in the face,but it is not "da" on all time frames.So it can't be "da" it's gotta be something else..and with immediate effect.

This video will explain it in a way that is waay more clearer than my imminent never to be published book.

Mits- ah! at last da missing piece ,,mahna mahna holy grail..now I geddit...got it

Now if you were taylor trading based a today 9-27 being a SELL DAY as it was projected to be at the close of 9-26 then you would have been looking for a BV to have been made early in the session and that would have been fine. So you would have entered probally on the reversal bar of 9:05 (5 minute chart) around 1681 or 1682 and be exiting right now at 1686 bar 11:35 CDT as your BV by this time had traded up to and thru the previous days low (1685.75). Your taylor trade is done for the day. You don't want to follow the BV up too far in a weak market. Or you may have exited 1 hour earlier on bar 10:35 at 1686. Point is you would have made 4 or 5 points...Or i could choose to break taylors rules for buy day if we get an afternoon rally (ain't rules made for breaking anyway??)

If such a rally were to happen, it seems to me a new "catalyst" is likely to have entered the context such that a displacement of the Taylor Trading day could happen.

That would reflect what could be meant by the broader context and the broader context fundamentally controls and or influences the price action intra day. The broader context could consist of the broader trend, catalysts, etc.

Furthermore, it could be hypothesized that such a displacement happens because a Taylor Trading day, such as today, could be understood as reflecting a certain BALANCE of bulls to bears. But, the new catalyst, if it were to show up, could RE BALANCE THE TAYLOR BALANCE OF BULLS TO BEARS or what Mitisubushi seems likely to classify as the balance between DEMAND and SUPPLY.

These are simply my thoughts on what I am terming the concept of the Taylor Trading day catalyst displacement.

If such a rally were to happen, it seems to me a new "catalyst" is likely to have entered the context such that a displacement of the Taylor Trading day could happen.

It occurs to me that this catalytic displacement of a Taylor Trading day could be the basis for the "mental STOPS" that Taylor presumably worked with and what Mitsubishi identifies as the "chaos" of trading vs. theory.

It occurs to me that this catalytic displacement of a Taylor Trading day could be the basis for the "mental STOPS" that Taylor presumably worked with and what Mitsubishi identifies as the "chaos" of trading vs. theory.

Maybe it is a catalytic converter!

Noted

Challenging the choice of word seems to be all the rage this season..Zdo detests Fractal and prefers fractmit. and Patuca prefers experiment to journal.

Mits- Great news guys! I found da holy grail..here it is...:)

Bobcollett_ Looks good mits...but where's the moon ?..I don't see any moons in it

Patuca- I prefer scalping da holy grail.One Ferrari and a bicycle is enough for me Drinks are on you though:cheers:

LSTTT- As I contemplate da holy grail.i find many variables and alternative credible,scenarios.One could trade da holy grail in the manner suggested by Mitsubishi,or be more philosophical (more than me) regarding the carbon based life form known as humanity,with all it's implications,which at times can be very less than human,juxtaposed alongside promising theoretical protocols with a more neutral view on where the market is trading and where,within certain parameters and confines and constucts it could theoretically trade to in 27 minutes time(for example).... (edited..heavily)

Patuca- I like nice beer,nice cars and right now...intellectual women.

Mits- everyone got a drink?

Zdo- I question...

Mits- What?

Zdo I question da holy grail.

Bobcollett- he does have a point and mr horshoes said as much..and.there's no moons in it.

Mits- What do you mean?..you question da holy grail TM....:doh::crap::angry::rofl::haha:

Zdo I question it and I can choose to spell euqsiotn in any manner I choose without any particular reason and without further notice to you,the community here,the wider world and to future alien civilizations when we discover them,and....

Mits- are you denying what can plainly be seen by everyone?

Zdo-not denying bud,that would be fuzzy logic,Just questioning,challenging,and generally trying to raise your standards from the gutter that through no fault of your own you are saddled with.Comon mits,leave the gutter and embrace the light.

JohnW- careful when considering getting ahead of da holy grail.To be in front is one thing but ahead is quite another...otherwise keep up with this excellent party..and don't park your Ferrari near the gutter.:missy:

Mits- zdo,just how exacting are your standards regarding your own eyesight when gazing upon da holy grail?

Zdo- I don't have exacting standards re my eyesight,which is why after many hard years traversing the learning curve I prefer to scale in slowly to what i'm seeing rather than tooling up for BLIND acceptance..:cool:

Mits- well take a look at my statement..loadsa money..

Zdo-statements are all very well,but I have a political problem with it being called da holy grail..howabout holyfrac!

Mits- but ...:confused:..i'm filthy stinking rich...

Zdo-listen,bud.far be it from me to attempt to derail your new lavish lifestyle...

Patuca- i'm dying of thirst over here...too much talk,not enough partying going on at this party.

Zdo....far be it from me to attempt to derail ...

Mits- yes..yes I got that bit..years ago..

Zdo- but I question the word "da".Invent a new word at this point in your life ..that's all because if you don't i'm right,and you can carry on being wrong until i'm blue in the face,but it is not "da" on all time frames.So it can't be "da" it's gotta be something else..and with immediate effect.

This video will explain it in a way that is waay more clearer than my imminent never to be published book.

Mits- ah! at last da missing piece ,,mahna mahna holy grail..now I geddit...got it

Mits did my word "experiment" and the phrase about breaking the rules throw you into this cataclysmic mental convulsions or was it the beer?

Now if you were taylor trading based a today 9-27 being a SELL DAY as it was projected to be at the close of 9-26 then you would have been looking for a BV to have been made early in the session and that would have been fine. So you would have entered probally on the reversal bar of 9:05 (5 minute chart) around 1681 or 1682 and be exiting right now at 1686 bar 11:35 CDT as your BV by this time had traded up to and thru the previous days low (1685.75). Your taylor trade is done for the day. You don't want to follow the BV up too far in a weak market. Or you may have exited 1 hour earlier on bar 10:35 at 1686. Point is you would have made 4 or 5 points.

But, since i have the ability to rephase and i did, the cycle changed from SELL DAY to a BUY DAY so i decided to switch tactics and trade it as a BUY DAY. In the meantime while waiting for a break to the upside (BUY DAY break) i just scalped this morning using 1 contract. Right now i am a 287.50 profit. If it doesn't head north soon like in the next 30 minutes i will have switch tactics again...call off Taylor trading for the day, (because it s a BUY DAY for me so in the afternoon it can't hold a higher bottom which would be my only option left because it has already made a lower low). I will have to go to my famous ATM strategy already publically disclosed for public use on the gold thread. ...but i don't think anyone uses it. :rofl: :rofl:

Or i could choose to break taylors rules for buy day if we get an afternoon rally (ain't rules made for breaking anyway??) :rofl: :rofl::rofl::haha::haha: I am already stretching them like a rubber band, for today!! :rofl: :rofl::rofl:

Point here is, if you had no rephasing abilities then you would have been jest fine trading PA as a taylor SELL DAY and taking your 4 or 5 points today and taking the lady out to eat tonight.

Patuca

PS don't let all the rephasing concern you. You don't have to have it to taylor trade. It generally just creates more trading opportunities because of analomies in PA and helps keep one on the right side of the major trend for the day. Most of the time i do not have this much rephasing of the days taking place. Either alot of something is happening in PA or WHY?'s software is going fickle on me.

Seems to me that the software gets confused in times of indecision/sideways market.As you say,you could have the same tactic in early trading re buying an early low regardless of how you name the day.The fact that it's a BV and only ride a rally up to and through the prev low is something you would simply consider in terms of the prev support possibly becoming resistance due to the break of that support earlier and the general l/h's and weakness we are seeing.

Recycling the day might suggest further opportunities but if price regains the lost ground and holds it and moves up,then buying a higher bottom is a possibility in any case,again regardless of naming/recycling the days.And i'm forced to reaffirm my opinion that naming the days is no advantage once you are familiar with reading a market and it's typical patterms...unless i'm missing something?