Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

TinGull

Pics of your trading station

Its the TA version. Its real basic TA stuff. Thomas N. Bulkowski's "Encyclopedia of Chart Patterns" might be a better pick.

With fundamental related books, I did enjoy all of Benjamin Graham's book.

ahh wow im surprised Jack's TA book wasnt more advanced. From what I have read about his fundy book it sounds pretty unique. Basically, about using regression analysis on commodity fundys.

I love the Intelligent Investor but never got much into Security Analysis. If you ever want a mind blowing valuation book check out Damodaran's Investment Valuation. He has all the models on his website as excel sheets and even has full video of his NYU valuation classes.

Damodaran Online: Home Page for Aswath Damodaran

... my baby.....running 4 single core P4 3.4 machines with 4 seperate feeds.realtime im showing 572 charts from about 100 markets....to the right i have a full time order entry bod which makes life a tad simplier.all trades are on price and volume.

soon ill probably double the setup to complete the circle ...will have to hire the office above and put a ladder through the ceiling to get to work.im kinda already feeling like im on a spit.

5aa70dd520367_setup.thumb.jpg.00f8356b8f40be54dedc331009ef1879.jpg

Guest cooter
... my baby.....running 4 single core P4 3.4 machines with 4 seperate feeds.realtime im showing 572 charts from about 100 markets....to the right i have a full time order entry bod which makes life a tad simplier.all trades are on price and volume.

soon ill probably double the setup to complete the circle ...will have to hire the office above and put a ladder through the ceiling to get to work.im kinda already feeling like im on a spit.

With that kinda setup, I hope your daily P/L matches!

Hi Marcus, very nice station, I am curious why do you need to monitor 572 charts ? whats the aproach... do you trade stocks ? would like to hear about your aproach... cheers Walter.

Wow, marcus! If you can add a few on top and below, you'd be almost like an astronaut in orbit! You're the winner! 12 is now the record! I guess you're ace with multi-tasking. I get a headache just having 3 monitor in front of me.

....cheers for the comments... it would be rude not to reply .....i was gonna expand on my trading etc.....but having just spent 3 years on t2w and as my results expanded ...the derison through disbelief and jealousy increased to pathetic levels...so ive decided not to and concentrate on my trading teams.a fleeting visit...cheers and continued success to all.a good site you have here with a good vibe btw.

Guest cooter
.....i was gonna expand on my trading etc.....but having just spent 3 years on t2w and as my results expanded ...the derison through disbelief and jealousy increased to pathetic levels...so ive decided not to and concentrate on my trading teams.a fleeting visit....

Actually, you'd be surprised. Here we care not necessarily that you are successful, but how you were able to get to that point. Hence the good vibe.

Actually, you'd be surprised. Here we care not necessarily that you are successful, but how you were able to get to that point. Hence the good vibe.

Yes Mr. Marcus, here at TL we admire succesfull people...

obviously success is not related with the amount of monitors...

feel free to share your technical insights, you dont need to show it all...

would love to see the same picture of your station with monitors on, so to have an idea of what you look at...

as to my experience one monitor was enough to be succesfull on trading, my second machine is just for gral web browsing...

but obviously it calls atention such a nice voluptuos station, though its some traders dream... mine its to lower it to a notebook (maybe a vaio)... and travel on Tablet Hotels: Unique Hotels for Global Nomads chain arround the world trading from a nice king suite the first hour of session and then enjoy the place... :cool: cheers Walter.

Here's my station: a desktop and an old IBM as back. Since I only trade ER2, I keep it simple and a contingency plan. Most times the laptop is used by one of my kids while I try to "trade."

tradingstation-2007-april-32.jpg

Guest fx-programmer

Lol,

Guys all you really need is a good programmer........1000000000 screens will not do it !!!

Anyway I am using the HP setup .

4disp_hp_r500w.jpg.bde35e6d057ab615fc0b1507b70a7701.jpg

Wow. Some of you guys are really lucky. I just have a humble 2 monitor system. AMD Athelon 64, 2GHZ, 2.5 GB Ram, and a backup Vaio Laptop with Intel Core Duo, 2GHZ, 2 GB Ram, and wireless wan or I don't know the name of it but it can use cellphone networks for internet with a subscription. I use the main system for trading, research, email, etc. The laptop is mainly a backup at home, but it is on during trading hours because I also have the Slingbox AV, which allows me to watch my TV from my computer and also from any internet connection. So let's say I'm out of town or in a coffee shop and I want to trade, well, all I got to do is turn on the program and it will access my TV and even allow me to change the channels. I also have a UPS which is backing up my main computer's power supply with 1300VA. I also have my cable modem and wireless router which is in the other room backed up with a 500VA system in case the power goes out I have some time to close my work.

mvc183sze2.jpg

E-signal

Here is a more recent pic - I moved everything upstairs where its a lot brighter and I have a tv. I usually ignore the tv, but for some reason I like having a voice in the background it kinda keeps me awake. And it got too cold downstairs.

tradingdeskvh6.jpg

Hello. Just wanted to share my new trading desk:

mvc189swn0.jpg

I got a great deal on 2 used Proview LCD monitors, $15 each. The 3rd one I bought used from internet for about $70 including shipping. Then I got a second ATI 256 MB graphic card. So now I can have a total of 4 monitors.

These LCDs are a step up from the CRT monitors. They are easier on the eyes, consume less power, and less space.

3 monitors should improve my trading with multiple time frames.

So to recap my trading computers:

AMD Athlon 2800+ 64 bit 2GHZ, 2.5 GB Ram, 2 ATI Radeon 256 MB graphic cards, 1 APC 1300 VA UPS to backup my computer's power supply and 1 APC 500VA to back up my cable modem. Also had to replace my computer's power box today with a 500watt power box.

As a backup computer and to keep my main computer from over working I have a VAIO laptop with 2 graphic cards, one for high performance setting and one for low batter consumption setting, built in wireless cell phone internet. 2 GHZ, 2GB Ram, Intel Centrino Core Duo. Usually I don't buy the expensive brands like VAIO but I got it 30% off brand new from a Comp USA liquidation. On this laptop I can run CNBC or any of my cable channel from anywhere with an internet connection through the Slingbox which is connected to my cable TV and home network.

Excuse me if I'm being a bit of a show off, but I'm very excited it.

Hey Mavrik, really nice setup you got there. I am in the process of getting a new station. Do you might share the specs of your setup? Did you run all 4 monitors in one machine? or two. What graphic cards are you using? In order to put 2 cards in one machine you need cross fire right?

Thanks in advance.

TE

Hey Mavrik, really nice setup you got there. I am in the process of getting a new station. Do you might share the specs of your setup? Did you run all 4 monitors in one machine? or two. What graphic cards are you using? In order to put 2 cards in one machine you need cross fire right?

Thanks in advance.

TE

No, you can use more than one card in a machine without using Crossfire or SLI, but you can't use them both on one monitor without Crossfire or SLI. If you wanted to use 4 monitors, you could have 2 plugged into each card (if you were using 2 cards), but you should be able to run 4 monitors from one card unless you're doing some kind of 3D charting or something.

No, you can use more than one card in a machine without using Crossfire or SLI, but you can't use them both on one monitor without Crossfire or SLI. If you wanted to use 4 monitors, you could have 2 plugged into each card (if you were using 2 cards), but you should be able to run 4 monitors from one card unless you're doing some kind of 3D charting or something.

I didn't know that I can plug two cards into one machine. (Do I need a special type of motherboard and software?) Currently I am using a dual head AGP card, so I have to get 2 PCI cards to run 4 monitors? Any good cards you would recommend?

Thanks

Trading PC:

Dell 20" (6) monitors... Dell 3.4 GHz, XPP, 4 GB, nVidia nvs400,TS

Data Server:

Dell 22" (2) Monitors.. Dell 3.2 Ghz, XPP, 2 GB, SQL, ColdFusion

Laptop

SONY Vaio.. 2.6 GHz, 1GB...

Regards,

Suri

surimoniotrs3_small2.jpg.6beff85081db734e20078224a9f90223.jpg

I didn't know that I can plug two cards into one machine. (Do I need a special type of motherboard and software?) Currently I am using a dual head AGP card, so I have to get 2 PCI cards to run 4 monitors? Any good cards you would recommend?

Thanks

check this out for ideas:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f114/four-monitor-video-card-5813.html#post63392

you have to confirm the following information:

1. how many graphics cards does your computer motherboard support?

2. the number of available slots in your computer?

3. does your computer's powersupply has enough juice to run the additional cards?

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Lite v2.5

Newegg - Power Supply Calculator

Antec Power Supply Calculator

can't tell you what is a good choice... you haven't made a choice yet.

if you are not sure, you'd better take the computer to the neighborhood computer store for an opinion.

If your computer is using AGP, you might not want to spend too much money on it.

Thanks, after more research, seems like pci cards is the way to go. I can use 3 dual head pci cards for 6 monitors setup. Do you think that is a good choice?

I advise against doing this as 3 PCI cards will be inefficient, hot, and constricting. You could easily have one PCI-E or AGP card serve the same purpose.