Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

joshdance

The Close of a Bar is Meaningless

If we are talking a highly traded market (such as ES) and on a 5 minute basis or above then the close, on most bars on a reputable data providor such as Genesis, esignal, TradeStation etc, should be the same, scrubbed or not.

Patuca, you still do not get it, and it is a very simple concept. BH sums it up nicely:

The timeframe is a discrete structure arbitrarily imposed on continuous data.

If you don't "get it" from this post, then you should probably give up, because it really doesn't matter too much anyway . . .

You're back. Great! Now you can be curator of this thread again.

Cos I'm damn well sick of it . . .

:)

BlueHorseshoe

LOL mr horseshoe...take two alka seltzers and you will be back in the saddle again :)

(why do i get the feeling that i will regret ever posting this...i wonder?:doh: )

because ... weil es ist dumm :rofl: ;)

...suppose each of us created our own close. oh wait - we already do that now...

…still darkness forever :)

Everything to the left on your chart is free information but it only includes as many closes as there are ticks in everything to the left on your chart...be careful how many closes you include to the left.

...and every market does currently have just one bar - on a timeframe that is the life of the instrument... and that timeframe is no more or less ludicrous than any other timeframe / representation in use...

Suppose there was no close, then it would be just one bar on every market,

just think about it, darkness forever! :wtf:

If there were no close... then everyone would be trading naked... ;)

whats that? did you say vibrations mitsubishi? TA just got rescued from staggered time frames and now we have to deal with VIBRATIONS? what is wrong with you people? mitzy get rid of the emini cooper and get on a harley you'll get all the vibrations you can stand.

you say no God? i suppose all your common sense vibrated right out of your head....

one day you WILL change your mind.........

Edited by Patuca

Each daily bar is mathematically connected.I have done the research and continue the research.You can debate it all you want,but i can take the most obscure index ,and there are hundreds and i will find the same thing because it is universal.We can't agree on that because i am not going to demonstrate it.

But the clue is today's high will be on the daily bar.5 minute bar,hourly bar,same for the low,open and close.

the "hidden" knowledge of misubishi...ok how much do you want to reveal this knowledge? moderator please put a big golden C under mitzy handle...

now mitzy if the last sentence were true you wouldn't have blown 6 accounts (per your own words) and you certainly would not be on a forum debating with the likes of patuca...why you would be so filthy rich nobody could get you clean again...why you could stake everyones account on TL...if you are such a nice person..why don't you just do that?

vibrations .......come on ...give me a break......

ps mitsubishi's new handle is "the revibrator" :missy:

The definitive answer appears to be that there is no definitive answer:) WRONG

On the other hand many of you will be trading the same levels as me having arrived at that price by another method.The only definitive answer is that we will never get universal agreement on this,but that won't change the maths which occurs waaaay beyond chance or coincidence.

thats cleared it up for me!

I am vibrating in the apartment as my clothes are spinning mercilessly in the washing machine......if i shake enough the random forces of nature might make me depress the buy button.....or maybe the sell button.......

if there is madness in the method but it works go for it....

and yes Patucca, maybe its time to bring participation in a meaningless meandering thread to a close....thanks for the reminder.

Good traders have a knave doing their laundry.

The close is NOT meaningless.

24 hour dynamics aside, the close is a bookkeeping entry.

HOWEVER, it is a price point that can be used to influence. To keep participants "in". Over the weekend for example.

It is the ONE price the public "looks at". It is the price most less nimble institutions "look at".

The close is NOT meaningless.

The thread is called "The Close of a Bar is Meaningless," and the first few posts point out that the settlement at the end of the day is an altogether different story.

The thread is called "The Close of a Bar is Meaningless," and the first few posts point out that the settlement at the end of the day is an altogether different story.

From the replies in all these ~30 pages, it appears your earnest effort to carefully structure the content and wording of your original question did not matter one bit …

:confused::roll eyes:

joshdance, would you share (if you have time and energy) if you’ve ‘learned’ anything valuable re your original question from the replies in the thread …and what.

...and do you still have questioning re the topic? Thanks.

I would say so, catalyzed by your last unintelligible 27 posts in 4 days (out of 65 posts). Rubbish to sort through, and a waste of server space.
LOL dreamer of staggered time frames. you still don't get it eh. they don't exists. period. anything that does exists such as OHLC ...statistics (for mr horseshoe) patterns...etc...etc...etc are all structures imposed upon the data feed of price and volume or that come out of, or result from the feed, but what you brain can't get is that that doesn't make them meaningless.. is the high meaningless? is the low meaningless? if one is meaningless then perhaps they all are as they come from the same source..do you get it now??

actually the problem is the high and low vibrate but the close doesn't..LOL:haha:

Edited by Patuca

very selective eh..some closes have meaning...others don't.....whatever floats your boat..or sinks it... Edited by Patuca

From the replies in all these ~30 pages, it appears your earnest effort to carefully structure the content and wording of your original question did not matter one bit …

:confused::roll eyes:

joshdance, would you share (if you have time and energy) if you’ve ‘learned’ anything valuable re your original question from the replies in the thread …and what.

...and do you still have questioning re the topic? Thanks.

no it appears he didn't

Gee Josh, thanks for the distinction!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact there is NO close of a bar. Hinges upon the timeframe of selection and the platform used.

I just realized WHY I haven't been "here" for months.

The close has significant power and may be magnified on multiples if within the same direction. The period in which the close falls on has significance, for example, you have a 30 day close and you have the end of the month close, "the close of the bar is meaningless.... EXCEPT... no exceptions , like saying a fib is meaningless... EXCEPT.

The close of any bar carries direction and algorithmic adjustment.

Lets give the micro bar close of a lesser power , yet deserves a power. Everything has a power force that ultimately reflects in the market, right down to the prediction of weather. A tick up or down has meaning, may the annual close carry a higher power. currently compiling countIF formulas on multi time frames. this is imo.

very selective eh..some closes have meaning...others don't.....whatever floats your boat..or sinks it...

After all of these posts, covering everything that could be said on this issue, some don't get the distinction made (and why) between a daily bar and a minute-based one?! Oy... And now new posters clearly didn't read anything earlier (though, I guess, who can blame them!)