Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

donkeykong

E-mini Questions

Hi,

I am new to trading futures. I got some questions.

1- when a broker says: "Emini Futures ONLY $3.00 per side." what does it mean?

I have to pay to go long or short. But if I close the position I have to pay the commission again?

2- How long does it take to process an order? I tried a demo and it seems that the order is instantaneous . Is the trade entered that quickly in a real account?

3- How long do i have to keep a trade open before I can close it?

Thank you.

Hi,

I am new to trading futures. I got some questions.

I have to pay to go long or short. But if I close the position I have to pay the commission again?

2- How long does it take to process an order? I tried a demo and it seems that the order is instantaneous . Is the trade entered that quickly in a real account?

Thank you.

Your answers

1- 3 $ per side means when you buy the broker will charge 3 $ and when you sell you will be charged 3 $ again. The round turn commission would be 6 $.

2 - You can enter and exit in the market within a minute. It depends how you wanted to trade - yes it will work as it does on demo accounts.

3 - There is no time frame to close the trade if you are having enough margin to hold the trade.

Happy Trading !!!

My broker does not show all the fees they charge in the simulated account. Which is very aggravating. Depending upon the broker, they may list the fees broken down, or lump them together. There can be platform fees, data fees, trading fees, Exchange fees and taxes. Make sure you know what they all are.

Depending upon the platform, demo trade fills may be realistic or not. My brokers platform is terrible when it comes to realistic fills in demo trading. If the demo instantly fills the order as soon as the price is touched (touch fills), that is the worst platform to practice on. It will cause you serious problems. The price should 'Trade Through' the order price for the order to fill. For example, you enter a BUY order, the price should go BELOW your order price, or the BID should go below your order price for the Buy order to fill.

You can send an order to close it immediately.