Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

the comedian gives a pretty good view of it all.

Who would want gold on the titanic when a lifeboat or live vest is what you need?

Money is simply a means of exchange for goods and services - other than that it has as much value as gold or dirt or labour or chickens. But we could go on....

Personally....

Bullish - asset allocation to gold over the long term but limited to a small percentage of assets. (and if the shtf its all worthless anyway.)

Bearish - trading

Proposition: I may value PM’s even less than you do… AU is worth about $32 an oz. :rofl:

Anything no matter how precious or how many industrial uses there are is only as valuable as the market place says it is.

(because this time really is different ;) ,) that works -

until when you really don’t care how the market place ‘values’ it…

Proposition: I may value PM’s even less than you do… AU is worth about $32 an oz. :rofl:

Right now it.

What it will be "worth" in the future is anyone's guess.

Gold used to "worth" something north of $1900 :doh:

Why does zdo keep going off topic with PM’s?

With PM’s, why does he remove more and more ‘relative to’ from in mind?

… when it’s an unwritten rule - traders MUST see things ‘relative to’ … relative to dollars, or personal construct of composite risk and or opportunity, or lifejackets, or krone, or food, or titanium, or anathemas…

… sorta like at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOMqDIXsLm8, * up on TL, traders must keep count of the ‘white tosses’ and ignore the APE in the middle of the action… … everything else is noise. Traders are continually conditioned to actually ignore/miss the ape (proverbial elephant) in the room.

like - only acknowledged biases are biases…

… and TL traders and paradigm sycophants are presumably doing a great job at it… when I mention the guy in the ape suit, mostly silence ensues… the only conversation is corralling, rescuing, the ‘normals’ from the perdition …

;)

*(from the http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/trading-psychology/16729-trading-mindsets-80-success-13.html#post186241 thread )

Opinion: Gold taper ed candle

They didn’t play the TaperForReal card… the one they threatened to play

They also didn’t play the FakeTaper card… the one where they call a taper on one metric, and surrepticiously compensate for it on another – making it net not really a taper at all except for in the media based paradigms. Didn’t quite need that card yet… maybe later…

create ONE thread only

They were ordered long ago, eroneously imo, that their ONLY choice was creating more debt... not more money... more debt...

slightly related bulsht at

How Can Bernanke Taper In Light Of This? | Zero Hedge

Edited by zdo
to save changes

Support stands at the 1,300 level with a violation targeting the 1,272 level. A turn below will turn attention to the 1,250 level and next the 1,215. Its weekly RSI is bearish and pointing lower supporting this view.

The commodity will have to return above the 1,368.00 level to reduce its downside pressure.

Today was first US govt shutdown in 17 years, how will it impact the gold prices, any idea anyone?

Are we gonna see gold going up again? seems unlikely to me though..

Seems obvious to me. Market has spoken.

Next the debt ceiling fight (deadline Oct 17th) is what matters to the markets.

We have had shutdowns before. It is all political.

But debt ceiling is an economic issue. Possible default, although highly unlikely at this point, would be big, very big.

+ + +

Who was it that said Gold is bullish? Anyone? Bueller?

It hasn't been since 2011 fa-cri-sakes.

But Gold is something that has always been precious and precious things are worth a lot..

It may have fallen tremendously from its 2011 peak but that peak is going to be broken someday in the future, if not in near future but surely soon enough...

I agree the current situation of Gold is very bearish (i myself am bearish on it too) but once the depth is reached the only way to go is up..

Seems obvious to me. Market has spoken.

Next the debt ceiling fight (deadline Oct 17th) is what matters to the markets.

We have had shutdowns before. It is all political.

But debt ceiling is an economic issue. Possible default, although highly unlikely at this point, would be big, very big.

+ + +

Who was it that said Gold is bullish? Anyone? Bueller?

It hasn't been since 2011 fa-cri-sakes.

Be careful SunTrader

Everything happening at the moment leads to a weak dollar.... thats a strong Gold

I am LONG at 1301

regards

bobc

Over long haul gold bullish. Indices bearish. However, i expect another push down in gold and another push up in indices. The collapse in indices after push up (probally 1800) maybe 1850 or so.

Gold is down over 22% for the year. It will probably go lower. Yes there are vending machines vending gold coins/bars out on the market. That equals surplus. That means gold goes down until that surplus is bought up. It is that simple. The more you got of something the cheaper it becomes, the rarer it is the price goes up. Law of supply and demand. You cant run vending machines if there wasnt a oversupply of gold. If you think gold is so great and profitable buy yourself a machine and see how well it does. You can put it next to a snack or coke machine, make lots of money.

The German corporation plans to distribute 500 "gold ATMs" throughout airports and rail stations in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland. British and U.S. locations may apply for a license to host one of the machines. Franchise licensees may purchase the machines for about $28,000 and then pay TG-Gold to service the machines. The first Gold to Go vending machine in the United States was installed in Boca Raton, Florida in December 2010.....