Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

To all members

I am sorry

It is my fault :(

I posed the question about Coffee on this Gold thread.

And my friend Patuca is just trying to help.

And bear in mind , he is nearly 72, so he might not realise the implications. ;);)

regards

bobc

The problem is you posed it to someone who has diarrhea of the keyboard. :puke:

I see nothing wrong with a little ES or a little Crude but what does coffee got to do with Gold?

MM will always make a comeback..no traps can hold him down..no stop losses can stop him..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dRSsnbvfVY]Mighty Mouse - WORLDS STRONGEST MOUSE! - YouTube[/ame]

The problem is you posed it to someone who has diarrhea of the keyboard. :puke:

I see nothing wrong with a little ES or a little Crude but what does coffee got to do with Gold?

well place i won't be going......boca raton!

I don't really understand what's the problem between you two....if there is any :)

Hi Mircea,

I see you are from Romania, so you wont understand that our comments are just about making fun at one another .And at the same time perhaps adding to our knowledge.

There is no problem between Patuca and I. :cool:

But Patuca has lots of problems with the other members..... hes a tough old goat so I dont think he is too concerned :roll eyes:

I am his last friend :rofl::rofl::rofl:

kind regards

bobc

PS Are you a boy or a girl?

Dear tradinglizard

if lizards can help each other then traders can too. we can share and learn..most do not like what i share...it is strange as i only attempt to predict and post beforehand trades. I also make humorous remarks that i guess they don't like too well...when my predictions are on target they seem to get meaner with me.....wonder why? .....one recently said i have diarrhea of the keyboards but i pay no attention to him as he lives in Boca Raton which translated means "rats mouth" but in slang the word raton means "cowardly thief" so basically he lives in the town called "mouth of cowardly thieves". so, i have many places to go and visit and many rivers to fish in but i will not be, any time soon, visiting this town that literally means "mouth of the cowardly thieves". ....:rofl: :rofl:

5aa711f11e2f7_lizardhelpslizard.thumb.jpg.8818a6102160a2f81927d0bf66b481cd.jpg

Edited by Patuca

Hi Mircea,

I see you are from Romania, so you wont understand that our comments are just about making fun at one another .And at the same time perhaps adding to our knowledge.

There is no problem between Patuca and I. :cool:

But Patuca has lots of problems with the other members..... hes a tough old goat so I dont think he is too concerned :roll eyes:

I am his last friend :rofl::rofl::rofl:

kind regards

bobc

PS Are you a boy or a girl?

well, if I'm from Romania it doesn't mean I don't understand ..........and if you read the post, it was saying "if any" :)

Dear tradinglizard

if lizards can help each other then traders can too. we can share and learn..most do not like what i share...it is strange as i only attempt to predict and post beforehand trades. I also make humorous remarks that i guess they don't like too well...when my predictions are on target they seem to get meaner with me.....wonder why? .....one recently said i have diarrhea of the keyboards but i pay no attention to him as he lives in Boca Raton which translated means "rats mouth" but in slang the word raton means "cowardly thief" so basically he lives in the town called "mouth of cowardly thieves". so, i have many places to go and visit and many rivers to fish in but i will not be, any time soon, visiting this town that literally means "mouth of the cowardly thieves". and the damage to my ego is greatly alleviated just to know where this poster lives....:rofl: :rofl:

do you expect me to answer to this? :crap:

do you expect me to answer to this? :crap:

No, not really, as you seem to be mannerly and having been raised properly i doubt you would resort to responding to such senseless posts as mine....:haha:

the liquid gold ATM machine dispensed cash two more times and getting ready for a third....just saying...:cool:

Hi Patuca

You are starting to sound like zdo :(

What are you referring to? :confused:

regards

bobc

Hi Patuca

You are starting to sound like zdo :(

What are you referring to? :confused:

regards

bobc

coffee i.e. columbian gold......spit out more dinero today....at least twice..it might be a good idea for all demo sim traders to jump on board long on next open...just thinking...:helloooo: nobody listens to me.... Edited by Patuca

I think i will leave the forum..can i get an :applaud: :applaud: ??? ....a celebration??.:beer:...a thumbs up??? :thumbs up:......

thank you...thank you....you are all so kind.

HOWEVER....i may return after the plunge in the indices...to perhaps gloat abit?? :thumbs down:

Dear tradinglizard

if lizards can help each other then traders can too. we can share and learn..most do not like what i share...it is strange as i only attempt to predict and post beforehand trades. I also make humorous remarks that i guess they don't like too well...when my predictions are on target they seem to get meaner with me.....wonder why? .....one recently said i have diarrhea of the keyboards but i pay no attention to him as he lives in Boca Raton which translated means "rats mouth" but in slang the word raton means "cowardly thief" so basically he lives in the town called "mouth of cowardly thieves". so, i have many places to go and visit and many rivers to fish in but i will not be, any time soon, visiting this town that literally means "mouth of the cowardly thieves". :rofl: :rofl:

Dear trading wizzard and all members and viewers ....before i leave i wish to clarify something. I am simply saying that the poster who apparently lives in boca raton is living in a town called "rats mouth". That is what it means in spanish. Boca is mouth and raton is rat. But raton also means cowardly thief, in slang, in spanish. So, in the slang it (the town) can be called "mouth of cowardly thieves". I am not in any way referring to the poster personally but simply to the name of the town. I am sure many decent people live in boca raton one of which i am quite sure the poster is one of those decent people....even if he said in a round about way that i had diarrhea of the keyboard...just clarifying...what i said, was in jesting...i am trying to be nice..it is hard...especially when ones position in the ES is taking on water.....but i shall return after the plunge of the indices which i am quite sure will happen according to the secret code...the burst of irrational exuberance from the fed info today about the market will subside and the plunge will take place soon....:hmmmm: ..at least i hope as i have no stoploss...never do what i say do and never do what i do...:helloooo:

:ciao::ciao::ciao:

Edited by Patuca

My Blog

Well , now that Patuca has left the forum, I can safely post this interesting article on Gold

There is lots more on KING WORLD NEWS for the more intellectual member. (That sort of leaves me out :))

regards

bobc

Sorry, I cant get my hyperlink to work (BBC...born before computers)

My Blog

Well , now that Patuca has left the forum, I can safely post this interesting article on Gold

There is lots more on KING WORLD NEWS for the more intellectual member. (That sort of leaves me out :))

regards

bobc

Sorry, I cant get my hyperlink to work (BBC...born before computers)

Bob did you realise that this link coincided with your post number 666 :roll eyes:

:2c: I only needed to look at the King World news home site - 5 articles listed about the shocking news behind gold.....how its going higher......no need to read further for me. But I did....according to their business section the only business in the world concerns gold :doh:

Another one trick pony with a fixed set of beliefs. Which is all well and good, but it does not help trading gold. It merely reinforces a SHTF belief......

Me thinks they might be better spending their time doing other things before the world goes down in flames.....but hey - each to their own. :)

Patucca will be back - he is probably just stashing his gold somewhere....dont know why if he is 70 years old though. :)

The Secret Sign That Gold Has Bottomed

I wonder if somebody with a bit more experience than me in Options, would care to comment on this article

thanks

bobc

too many variables to tell in half these things - never stops people from trying i guess....

plus - snbc and 'secret' must be right ;)

Quick and dirty analysis....

they say gold bulls are selling puts and hence crushing volatility ......which means they must be bullish and hence its near a bottom.....

I could reply.....

...put sellers are willing to buy gold at lower prices (but not here) and are prepared to sell puts to accept delivery at these levels. Which would mean they might think its simply a good yield play or are willing to step in at lower levels.

If they were really bullish they would be more likely to buy calls and get real upside - this would increase the vix......

Its all really a guess.....but if enough people think that this is a good level to put some risk on by selling puts then it could create a vacumm due to a lack of buyers, and put covering down below - might be even more bearish if they are wrong.

Impossible to tell as we dont know their motivations, their hedges, their previous positions.

All we know is that volatility usually ebbs and flows.

as the writer says... "Traders have begun selling put options at inflated premiums, because they expect a turnaround in the gold market to occur. " - maybe a relevant question is - are the inflated premiums there for a reason ? Its all about risk transfer really.

:2c: - Without the normal doom and gloom - people are worried that the bankers are a little bit hooked on the crack of QE, or the economy is or dont know how to really get off it - indecision never a bearish gold sign.

Hi Patuca

I am out....no position

Half day in New York affects my market + no market tomorrow., and half of the US will take an extra days leave on Friday

I am getting a possible Major TURN on the US $ from Friday.

What would affect the dollar?Gold would do the opposite.

Still looking for a bottom.

regards

bobc

Just thought I,d repost this for the infidels

regards

bob

TRYING TO FIND A BOTTOM

Will all the technical traders have a look at my chart.

The last time the RSI fell to -20 , it bounced back nicely.

Could I use this to find a bottom if it bounces again off -20?

regards

bobc

Thought I,d also repost this for the disbelievers

regards

bob

5aa711f1605f6_Gold__RSI.png.58add94218070bb9714fad3ac0276751.png

"Even though the price of gold has fallen 25% this year… it's getting more and more expensive for banks to borrow the precious metal.

Large bullion-dealing banks and central banks will often loan gold on deposit for cash. Reasons for lending gold vary from plugging a supply-demand gap to a bank manipulating its balance sheet before reporting numbers. But as an incentive to lend, these banks usually receive a small percentage fee as part of the transaction.

But right now… the rate folks pay to borrow gold is at a post-Lehman Brothers high. The one-month gold leasing rate has risen from 0.12% a week ago to 0.3% today – the highest since early 2009.

If banks are demanding greater incentives to lend out their gold… this suggests that regardless of what the spot price of gold says, they want to hold onto their gold. Demand for physical gold is returning…

"There has been some borrowing interest recently. It's related to the demand for physical," Joni Teves, precious-metals strategist at UBS, told the Financial Times. She noted the Chinese are paying $40 an ounce above benchmark London spot prices for physical gold."

MMS

Probably around $1350 there will be a lot of selling and new short positions.

Hi equitrader

Is that your guess, your view , or your opinion?

Or are you really going to go short?

regards

bobc

What I posted over on Forex F...... on July 7th:

"Here is the daily fib clusters I see above the current zone: 1295-1304 most probable for a reversal, 1323-1334 and 1363-1372".

Have to see if it holds. Thinking it won't and will be ready to pounce if yesterday's (Thurs) low is taken out. Only thing is Fridays doesn't usually have a wide range so might have to wait till next week.

Levels.thumb.png.5dc9c02aa70a398c4fecab79bf8468a6.png

Edited by SunTrader