Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mohsinqureshii

Gold Bullish or Bearish

Perma bulls just can't understand why someone would sell or sell short their Precious Metal.

A hedge against inflation in a deflationary world is not a smart move.

Plain and simple.

:doh:

More and more likely $1000 price barrier will give way.

I think you need to have a lot of capital to withstand losses if you don't want to get hurt in these games and speculate on price of gold......

You only get hurt if you get stubborn and hold onto a losing long or short position. The market is never wrong.

You guys are a riot. P.M. are bullish and indices are bearish. we shall soon see and you poor lost souls will have recant and repent :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Out of curiosity, why do you think, while the market is rising, that the odds favor the downside? Are you wrong or is the market wrong?

The market could go down, as it did when I was stopped out, and still be higher than your entry.

Also, is your 1650 stop the final move or will you possibly move it if we reach 1650?

no need to move it...i have totally eliminated it...why would i want to lose my position in a bearish market?

Gold trend is down and fighting it is not a good idea imo.

You see Patuca

Even gianno knows the trend is down. :cool:

And there you are holding on to your Gold bars :doh:

And if you bought at $1500 you will soon have to sell your farm in Alabama to pay the margin

:crap:

Happy Independence Day

Your friend

bob

PS Is it raining in the US? :spam:

PSS. I see you are back from your long weekend. When do we get some insight on your chart .

A lot of things changed for a relatively small down move.....

Specially sentiment is now in favor of the bulls.

the manipulation of CME + bullion banks + central banks + paper gold, made price go to this low and now to me its time for the bulls to make their move.. its really simple and depends on what they do.

Lets suppose they make a up move above 1300, gold price suppression might set in again, i don't know how far they will want to keep doing this. it really depends on their persistence.

I think you need to have a lot of capital to withstand losses if you don't want to get hurt in these games and speculate on price of gold......

Hi Ammeo

Talk is cheap.

Are you a buyer , or are you just talking.

You can trade Gold using a CFD and 10: 1 leverage, so $20 000 will give you a facility of $200 000.Thats more than enough for retailers. If you need more than that , you are on the wrong forum.

regards

bobc

PS I see my favourite Goldman Sach has taken a dive :puke:

The other big banks will follow. :offtopic:

no need to move it...i have totally eliminated it...why would i want to lose my position in a bearish market?

why on earth would you trade without a SL?.....recipe for failure.......after all, there is nothing better than a fresh start

OK so you moved from a 27 pt stop to a 58 pt stop to no stop because Es, in your opinion, is in a bear market.

When does it become a bull market or when do you call it quits on this position? Or, do you just hang on because you are right at all costs?

You see Patuca

Even gianno knows the trend is down. :cool:

And there you are holding on to your Gold bars :doh:

And if you bought at $1500 you will soon have to sell your farm in Alabama to pay the margin

:crap:

Happy Independence Day

Your friend

bob

PS Is it raining in the US? :spam:

PSS. I see you are back from your long weekend. When do we get some insight on your chart .

Now how does he know the trend is down? because it LOOKS down..correct? But the markets are deceiving..what looks down is really up and what looks up is really down...IF you know how to read the secret code in the charts, otherwise, what looks down is really down and what looks up is really up.

I trade no paper gold so have no margin to be concerned with on gold...but even if i did it would not concern me...it is only money....easy come...easy go...and when i die i can take none with me..i don't care...................

If i lose it all i will get it all back...........

P. S. I have never blown an account....(but do keep a stake stashed away to start over..just in case ) but if i do it certainly isn't the end of the world...i would simply cry...shoot some trees with my pea shooters...jump on my moto and roar off into the sunset to find another fishing spot while my wounds heal...then i would come back into the markets and get every last penny back and for good measure double my account.

PP.SS. I have no farm...that is too time consuming...and would interfere with my philosophy of life to keep it unentangled, cumbersome free, and something to be experienced and enjoyed without alot of worry and pain and stress...i simply do not care for the things others want...long for...work for....die for...steal for...

PPP.SSS Capt Bob it is about time for ime to leave Alabama...too much rain..it is messing up my fishing on the tallapoossa river...where shall i go next? ..oh...the decisions in life....

OK so you moved from a 27 pt stop to a 58 pt stop to no stop because Es, in your opinion, is in a bear market.

When does it become a bull market or when do you call it quits on this position? Or, do you just hang on because you are right at all costs?

if the secret code in the charts tells me it has truely switched to a bull market i would dump it immediately no matter what the loss....it is only money...i don't care...it might hurt a little but i would lick my wounds and they would soon heal.

In this particular case i decided it to be in my best interest to totally eliminate the stop loss so as to not "lose" my position in this seemingly bull market (in the indices)...that is really a bear market. As the plunge south begins i will be taking profits on the way down and if the code indicates more plunging i will enter again. I do not care about losses but i conserve my winners...(i know.... that is breaking the rules). But to me, following the code is what is important. losses come and go...they happen...cow manure happens...everybody gets in a tinsey about stop losses and conserving capital when they should get in a tinsey about conserving winners and following the code...IF they have the code to follow...most don't.......most lose.......

why on earth would you trade without a SL?.....recipe for failure.......after all, there is nothing better than a fresh start
yes, it is possible it could be...then on the other hand it just might not be..:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Traditional wisdom says "set your stop loss...profit target...manage your trade....never vary...especially on stop loss...but um..but ...you can vary...on profit target...remember..gotta cut them losses and let those winners run...gotta trade with the trend..the trend is your friend"...and other such cow manure, so like obedient sheep everybody works their darndest (can no longer use the other word as i am reformed now) to obey the rules..problem is most lose trying their darndest to obey the rules...some say it is the trader...so he / she must go get psychological therapy to correct his/her internal errors..me, i just think it is the rules that are wrong.....but then again I may be .20 short of a dollar...now just where did you learn trading without a stop loss is a recipe for disaster? ..see what I mean? no...you probally don't...i may be an idiot..do not do what i say do and do not do what i do...don't worry... most won't......

Under the Bloomberg article title

Leaked! Proceedings of the Flat Earth Society

Number 10 of 12

Nothing Is Safer Than Gold

What could possibly go wrong with the price of gold? Never mind that its value is arbitrary, not based on any inherent utility, and fluctuates with the whims and fears of the investing public.

The price of gold more than doubled during the global economic turmoil of the last five years, as investors sought security in one of the oldest inflation-protected investments. It’s true that gold prices tend to rise during uncertainty, but it’s only true while people believe it’s true; the price has fallen by a third in the past 12 months.

Even though investments in canned fruits and vegetables have proven to be a pretty good hedge against inflation, as shown in this chart, the Flat Earth Society recommends continuing to stockpile gold. If society breaks down and currencies become worthless, the shininess of your gold will distract you from the can of fruit cocktail you wish you’d bought instead.

:)

http://www.bloomberg.com/slideshow/2013-07-03/flat-earth-society-s-2013-agenda.html#slide10

yes, it is possible it could be...then on the other hand it just might not be..:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Traditional wisdom says "set your stop loss...profit target...manage your trade....never vary...especially on stop loss...but um..but ...you can vary...on profit target...remember..gotta cut them losses and let those winners run...gotta trade with the trend..the trend is your friend"...and other such cow manure, so like obedient sheep everybody works their darndest (can no longer use the other word as i am reformed now) to obey the rules..problem is most lose trying their darndest to obey the rules...some say it is the trader...so he / she must go get psychological therapy to correct his/her internal errors..me, i just think it is the rules that are wrong.....but then again I may be .20 short of a dollar...now just where did you learn trading without a stop loss is a recipe for disaster? ..see what I mean? no...you probally don't...i may be an idiot..do not do what i say do and do not do what i do...don't worry... most won't......

as crazy as it seems, you must look for your margin though

Paper gold (ETFs, etc) is getting killed but the word on the street is that physical gold is holding strong with lots of buyers. Anyone else believe this? Let the conspiracies start ...

MMS

Ha ha ha ha ha ha (I wasn't that amused. I had to get to 20).

Paper gold (ETFs, etc) is getting killed but the word on the street is that physical gold is holding strong with lots of buyers. Anyone else believe this? Let the conspiracies start ...

MMS

there are plenty of buyers in the paper gold as well---- its just that the prices for both are still lower despite all the theories.

I think those stinking gold miners should stop mining it and flooding the market with more gold....m...fers manipulating the volume of gold.

It is a hard game to trade against a major trend. It will break up eventually soon but there is no guarantee it will happen now. I agree also that the central banks and some hedge fund players could really suppress the gold price, but not for a long period of time. If there is serious buying the price won’t stay bellow 1300$ for long time....

Your laughter shall turn into sorrow and distress.....

Come on Patuca, thats not nice.

I realise you are under a lot of pressure, with all those gold bars under the seat of your 1974 Ford Mustang , and I note MM questioning your stops and risk.Still, dont get personal.

If you dont like it ,say thank you , and move on.

regards

bobc

Come on Patuca, thats not nice.

I realise you are under a lot of pressure, with all those gold bars under the seat of your 1974 Ford Mustang , and I note MM questioning your stops and risk.Still, dont get personal.

If you dont like it ,say thank you , and move on.

regards

bobc

Good advice...bye..i shall return when all are wallowing in pain....adios....goodbye...see you later...

That said, coffee is in a daily range. I would be shorting around 123.00 to 124.00 range and covering around 120.00 119.00 ...then reversing..wash ...rinse ..repeat until breakout of range. If i use stop losses then i would have them place far enough out of top and bottom of the range that minor breakouts would not clip my position. Ranges are hard to trade because they require bravery. It is hard to short when price is headed backup to the top of the range and looks like it will break out. Or go long when price is headed to bottom on a small but strong trend and looks like it will break south. the one consolation is that most breakouts fail. Eventually, one will get you and your money..but until then ranges may likened to ATM machines. taylors methologies (may he rest in peace) and reversion tactics work best in ranges..mucho mucho dinero can be made in ranges.....

did anyone? already made money two or three times (since opinion given 3rd july) if you followed the above opinion on your demo....i doubt it...people don't listen...people

lose.....

A lot of things changed for a relatively small down move.....

Specially sentiment is now in favor of the bulls.

the manipulation of CME + bullion banks + central banks + paper gold, made price go to this low and now to me its time for the bulls to make their move.. its really simple and depends on what they do.

Lets suppose they make a up move above 1300, gold price suppression might set in again, i don't know how far they will want to keep doing this. it really depends on their persistence.

Hi Ammeo

Heres an idea if you dont want to risk too much money

ALL the Gold miners are operating below their CASH costs

Pick the one with the highest P/E and sell it short.

Target 5% profit

Stop 2%

Have a look at the attached for ideas

Regards

bobc

Under_water.png.5de101cd0fefeae5c76e17beb72ee5ac.png